New CEO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: New CEO

Post by Cockatrice »

Not sure I can claim much credit but like cables smelt something from the first announcement especially when trying to understand his so called extensive business experience... some things simply didn’t run true others simply didn’t check out but I think kofi led the charge and possibly one or two others including rooster smelt the same smell as cables and myself..

The one thing I couldn’t understand was how his own perspective of his highly accomplished military career sat with being a bit part time soldier for the best part of eight years.. yes I would like to hear how he commanded operational troops in NI in 87/88 when actually he was the lowest ranking officer in the non operational TA... and yes I would like to hear how he was seconded into the Royal Marines and then trained elite special forces.. the one thing I missed was Manchester University not being the University of Manchester with the former being a non recognised uni that doesn’t give out accredited degrees...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Mike was a decent man trapped by age , in a job whose role changed beyond recognition in a few years . When those who came to matches rose from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand to five figures in a very short period of time and under pressure in a situation of indecision regarding the future of Ravenhill.

And supporter expectation was beyond the player resources available .

Maybe not a million miles away from the truth Ron'n but one thing missing from your summary. Mike was the man in charge (locally) when we had a great opportunity to progress after winning the European Cup, but sadly he hadn't the vision or bravery to take the decisions that would have capitalised.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Mike was a decent man trapped by age , in a job whose role changed beyond recognition in a few years . When those who came to matches rose from a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand to five figures in a very short period of time and under pressure in a situation of indecision regarding the future of Ravenhill.

And supporter expectation was beyond the player resources available .

Maybe not a million miles away from the truth Ron'n but one thing missing from your summary. Mike was the man in charge (locally) when we had a great opportunity to progress after winning the European Cup, but sadly he hadn't the vision or bravery to take the decisions that would have capitalised.
Mike ran things. He took the decisions that took UR on the easiest path to make sure they stayed where they were. To be kind, he was a safe pair of hands, but in those fast changing times his adversity to risk took them backwards in a relative sense.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Mike was in uncharted waters, to fair, in an environment where he was responsible to a number of committees where the personnel changed to some degree year on year -- I would expect now that the Branch Committee has only a minor role to play with regard to the Professional side of the game(while D4 has become a greater influence due to its control of the purse strings) -- whilst the professional game still provides the perks to those who serve on the committees .

The Kitty held by D4 now funds a multitude of teams which did not exist previously International U 18 ,U20s the womans game and 7s and that some of these not have a "Nationalist"aspect to them which was not as evident previously .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Even Dan will be here before the new CEO

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

ColinM wrote:Even Dan will be here before the new CEO

He is already...... but don’t tell the Scots they think he is at home
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
ColinM wrote:Even Dan will be here before the new CEO

He is already...... but don’t tell the Scots they think he is at home
Yip, I heard he's helping Terry with the gardening.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

No hanging around for a new job then.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

Kofi Annan wrote:No hanging around for a new job then.
Who has he conned this time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

pg106 wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:No hanging around for a new job then.
Who has he conned this time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maybe someone who knows nothing about rugby :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I note 4C are still saying job details to be available SOON. Sounds like the work of Cpl Slogan to me.

When's his final day of paid employment?

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ColinM wrote:I note 4C are still saying job details to be available SOON. Sounds like the work of Cpl Slogan to me.

Someone with a pedigree in sports administration.
A record in top level rugby.
A strong connection with Ulster.
Leadership experience in corporate institutions.
Available for immediate start.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
ColinM wrote:I note 4C are still saying job details to be available SOON. Sounds like the work of Cpl Slogan to me.

That your CV BR ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:

That your CV BR ?
I suppose I could just pretend it is.
The only thing I outscore other candidates on is strong connection with Ulster.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ROYJ

Post by ROYJ »

Search begins for new Ulster Rugby CEO to replace Shane Logan

4c executive have advertised Logan job

https://4cexecutive.com/job/ulster-rugb ... executive/

closing date for applications 14th September. Lucky if new person is in by Christmas. Is Logan going in August or not?