New - Warren Gatland of the week

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Vote for your Warren Gatland of the Week?

Terry "I say" Thomas
No votes
Nigel Owens
11%
Simon Zebo
73%
M'Burney
3%
Donald Trump
14%

Total votes: 37

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: New - Warren Gatland of the week

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote: Indeed, perhaps those people not found guilty of any crime should be left with no option but to go and play rugby in France.
Are you seriously comparing this to what happened to our boys?

Where did you get the not guilty from? No crime has even been alleged never mind a court trial and subsequent verdict.

Two separate bodies upheld the charges made by a credible witness following their investigations. A fine has been issued and the matter reportedly swept under the...sorry I mean dealt with.
An incident occurred. Someone made a complaint. It was decided that no crime was committed. The IRFU investigated the incident and decided that despite no crime having occurred they needed to discipline those responsible.
Who mentioned a crime?

Coleraine accepted the decision of the branch.
Do you think that what was abuse described in the statement was close to criminal?
A crime does not need to have taken place for the branch to impose a sanction. Even in wendyball the FA fine players/managers for criticising referees. Sexist abuse is completely intolerable. The complaint was made upheld by two bodies. The fine issued was accepted by Coleraine. We did not know the details of the complaint until today.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:A crime does not need to have taken place for the branch to impose a sanction.
Which is why Jackson and Olding are in France..

On the one hand the IRFU have usurped natural justice on the other hand they have swept things under the carpet.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I am now launching a fiscal boycott of the town of Coleraine until somebody has the balls to name & shame, the borough will not see a cent of my meagre stipend.

For those who "know" the background to this can someone confirm or deny the following:

- A sponsor of Coleraine was prime amongst ...... let's call them, the four ballixes?
- The names of the four culprits who are dragging the name of the club through the mud are well known to the membership of the club?
- The initial "investigation" by Ulster branch was in sharp contrast to how "the two lads" were treated, they effectively hoped to issue one or two tuts and expected the thing would go away?
- Coleraine RFC has yet to publicly apologise to the referee for the abuse she received from their members? (I understand they have done so privately.)
- Coleraine RFC have not in anyway sanctioned the 4 members responsible?
- The Ulster Branch has handled this with their customary lack of decisiveness and shambolic judgement?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:A crime does not need to have taken place for the branch to impose a sanction.

On the one hand the IRFU have usurped natural justice on the other hand they have swept things under the carpet.
Why on earth are you continually attempting to drag our boys into this?

PJ and Stu were sacked for a lot lot less than the nature of the abuse I read about today. They did not direct any words at a person.

Hurling sexist abuse directly at a person trying to do a difficult job in front of a crowd of people is disgusting. Not having the balls to even give your own name after being confronted is cowardly and shameful. The fact that others did not intervene and cannot name the individuals reflects an organisation not fit for purpose.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm boycotting the entire north coast.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

New - Warren Gatland of the week

Post by rumncoke »

What proof is there that the Club has not sanctioned those responsible — ? It is being assumed because any sanction may have been imposed privately and not Publicly .

Maybe those responsible paid the fine for Coleraine ?

All I am saying is that those condemning the Club are making assumptions — and why I ask would any sane organisation publicly identify the persons responsible — having experienced what happen to the two lads when their explicate banter was made public — and the abused heaped on them on social media being associated not just with them but the game .

The one thing Ulster Rugby don’t need is a feminist social
Media Storm .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

They can stick their cheddar up their collective holes.

Does misogyny come under the "hate crime" umbrella? I believe it was discussed in connection with the "up skirt" bill but I'm not sure if it was included in the legislation.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:

PJ and Stu were sacked for a lot lot less than the nature of the abuse I read about today. They did not direct any words at a person.

Hurling sexist abuse directly at a person trying to do a difficult job in front of a crowd of people is disgusting. Not having the balls to even give your own name after being confronted is cowardly and shameful. The fact that others did not intervene and cannot name the individuals reflects an organisation not fit for purpose.
Perhaps you know more than I do, but I don't know (or want to know) everything that 'your boys' got up to;
Neither do I know exactly what happened in Coleraine,
The IRFU have investigated both and reached their own conclusions and applied penalties within their power.

I remember the UAFC collectively decided that it was unfair to publicly name the accused until they are found guilty. Yet they want Coleraine RFC to name those accused of 'almost criminal' actions. Actions which O believe they deny.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

rumncoke wrote:What proof is there that the Club has not sanctioned those responsible — ? It is being assumed because any sanction may have been imposed privately and not Publicly .

Maybe those responsible paid the fine for Coleraine ?

All I am saying is that those condemning the Club are making assumptions — and why I ask would any sane organisation publicly identify the persons responsible — having experienced what happen to the two lads when their explicate banter was made public — and the abused heaped on them on social media being associated not just with them but the game .

The one thing Ulster Rugby don’t need is a feminist social
Media Storm .

Shut up, what if the sexists abuse was given in the high street, what would be the outcome? Rum, the main culprit is being protected that’s the hard fact, maybe he thought giving the money to help pay the fine will make this go away to protect his interests.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

BR, up until your last post I had some respect for you as poster.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Why ?

Because not only will the person be open to the abuse of social media but also any abuse heaped by the saints that inhabit social media will be heaped on the Ulster Branch and the game in General as well .

Rugby has always tried to ensure any complaints are dealt with privately out of public gaze this is no different .

As for the comparison of a public street- it happens daily and it never makes the paper so it a stupid comparison — it is only newsworthy because it didn’t take place in the street .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote:

Perhaps you know more than I do, but I don't know (or want to know) everything that 'your boys' got up to;
The IRFU have investigated both and reached their own conclusions and applied penalties within their power.

I remember the UAFC collectively decided that it was unfair to publicly name the accused until they are found guilty. Yet they want Coleraine RFC to name those accused of 'almost criminal' actions. Actions which O believe they deny.
What are you alleging by 'got up to'?

The IRFU came in later on but it was UR who conducted the initial review. The outcome only glaringly highlights the injustice inflicted on PJ and Stu. The disparity between the decisons reflect a biased and corrupt regime.

Anonymity for accussed in sexual crime is entirely different to what is happening here. The individuals in question have reportedly not been identified. That isn't the same thing as being granted anonymity. The UAFC has never agreed on anything. I suggest you engage with specific posters who presented the issues you raised, should you seek further clarification.
Last edited by Dave on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:What was actually said?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45979149
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

nonplussed wrote:Sadly the Coleraine minis section has declined seriously in teh last few years. I believe the strength of a club can be guaged by the health of their minis section

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Would you take your kids to a club where that sort of thing was being shouted from the sidelines ?
Ok language can get a bit fruity at times and refs get a bit of stick from the sidelines but when it gets beyond the telling refs they are wrong with a decision you don't like and into personal abuse at them it is time you took a long hard look at yourself, and if it is a guy beside you time you told him to shut the fcuk up.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote:

What are you alleging by 'got up to'?

The IRFU came in later on but it was UR who conducted the initial review. The outcome only glaringly highlights the injustice inflicted on PJ and Stu. The disparity between the decisons reflect a biased and corrupt regime.

Anonymity for accussed in sexual crime is entirely different to what is happening here. The individuals in question have reportedly not been identified. That isn't the same thing as being granted anonymity. The UAFC has never agreed on anything. I suggest you engage with specific posters who presented the issues you raised, should you seek further clarification.
I'm not alle
www.stoutboys.co.uk