Ulster v Dragons Friday 26th Oct 7:55pm Premier Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Dragons Friday 26th Oct 7:55pm Premier Sports 1

Post by Cockatrice »

Sexton is very much one for the future and by all accounts could be the real deal.... I feel we must allow him the chance to develop and hold out for a fleeting glance somewhere down the road.

I think Kernohan has done well given his limited opportunities more so for a lad that was heading out the door until Dan provided another chance which he appears to be taking to date...

The Dragons from all accounts are a team full of injuries so hopefully at home this is the right chance to try and blood one or two depending on how the game is going and yes maybe fingers crossed see Lowry shift into 10 if even for the last 20 minutes should we be lucky enough to be cruising.. that shouldn't be a given because the Dragons have proved a banana skin in the past for us..

I seem to remember them allowing a schoolboy at 9 to give us the run around a while back in one game hopefully we will see something from one or two of our younger ones. ... btw is Dalton injured.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
WestoftheArney
Novice

Post by WestoftheArney »

Baloucoune and Addison.....
When is the last time two men from Enniskillen RFC started for Ulster?

According to my contacts in Mullaghmeen, never.

Makes the trek from the wesht more worthwhile
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Just letting everyone know that it is gameday.

Buzzin.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Dave wrote:Just letting everyone know that it is gameday.

Buzzin.
Is Humpheries starting ?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

8 of the Academy in this team, to me thats is very positive
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Still no sign of SVdM.

You would have thought after the last 3 weeks Dan would be keen to try some alternatives to Warwick. Good to see EOS starting but surely it must be Hond time soon.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Bart S wrote:Still no sign of SVdM.

You would have thought after the last 3 weeks Dan would be keen to try some alternatives to Warwick. Good to see EOS starting but surely it must be Hond time soon.
Why ??
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Gerald the Mole wrote:

Why ??
Because he might be able to hold the scrum up. By all accounts he has not been totally useless in the games he has played this season and has played at a decent level before. We know what Warwick can do and as far as alternaitves throwing another kid in there is hardly fair.

Ulster aren’t exactly blessed with alternatives at loosehead.

The guy has played in one friendly this season and was ok. Give hiw bad the situation CURRENTLY is at loosehead, why nit give the guy a go?
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Bart S wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:

Why ??
Because he might be able to hold the scrum up. By all accounts he has not been totally useless in the games he has played this season and has played at a decent level before. We know what Warwick can do and as far as alternaitves throwing another kid in there is hardly fair.

Ulster aren’t exactly blessed with alternatives at loosehead.

The guy has played in one friendly this season and was ok. Give hiw bad the situation CURRENTLY is at loosehead, why nit give the guy a go?
Maybe he doesn't train well. Maybe his lack of effort has led the rest of the players to take a dislike to him. Maybe Dan's view is that if you are not putting the effort in in training you won't get picked. Maybe he's not that good. O'Sullivan isn't going to get any better by not playing so imo let's go with youth this year and reap the rewards in the next few years hopefully.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Maybe he should be judged where it matters most, which is on the pitch.

I’m all for EOS getting gametime this week but would have SVdM on the bench ahead of Warwick. Right now we are an injury away from needing to call on SVdm anyway, although i guess RAY will be back soon enough as a new loosehead.

The last thing ulster can afford right now is not maximising their resources at scrum time. If he turns out ti be crap then fair enough. However if he can help our scrum be solid and put a bit if effort in i am sure attitudes will change oretty quickly about him.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Bart S wrote:Maybe he should be judged where it matters most, which is on the pitch.
If he's wrecking the training environment, then he's better not about the place regardless of what he does on the pitch.

[But, I suppose in that case, I'd be asking why would UR not revoke the contract.]

I'm assuming its something else then - namely he is useless at Pro14 level even though he may cut it at AIL.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

He needs to get the fertiliser down and move the beast down to the fields beside the sheds for winter. We can’t expect him to hold up the scrum on top of all that.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Amiga500 wrote:
Bart S wrote:Maybe he should be judged where it matters most, which is on the pitch.
If he's wrecking the training environment, then he's better not about the place regardless of what he does on the pitch.

[But, I suppose in that case, I'd be asking why would UR not revoke the contract.]

I'm assuming its something else then - namely he is useless at Pro14 level even though he may cut it at AIL.
Exactly. If he is such a disruptive influence then break his contract not foist simeine you can’t handle on some ither club (Banbridge).

Maybe he is just not good enough in which case fair enough. “Not good enough” given our current scrum woes really is pretty bad though...
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He's not fit to wear the shirt. Tommy O'Hagan is nearly recovered from his injury. Let's see how he goes.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:He's not fit to wear the shirt. Tommy O'Hagan is nearly recovered from his injury. Let's see how he goes.

If that is a FACT Dave, then it has NO place on this messageboard :D