Bluenoses vs Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ulster32
Novice

Re: Bluenoses vs Ulster

Post by ulster32 »

McBurney and Jones stood out in the pack.
Kernahan has shown in the last 2 matches why he was in the sub academy prior to the season beginning, he has looked out of his depth physically and in defence
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

therealspratt wrote:Always the problem with McPhillips that his instinct is to play as deep as possible.
It is not just mcphillips though. Even when attempting to truck it up we are too deep and getting hit behind the gainline. It puts pressure on the forwards skill set to take a ball flat and we don't seem to have it apart from the odd nice flick on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

The match is on TG4 at 9.50 tonight, following the Connacht v Munster game on now.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

How is jumping knees to face not a red card when the a player suffers a head injury by the action?
While referees red card a hand on the shoulder !!!

As I have said before the game is referees by idiots .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

:fleg:
rumncoke wrote:How is jumping knees to face not a red card when the a player suffers a head injury by the action?
While referees red card a hand on the shoulder !!!

As I have said before the game is referees by idiots .

Go to bed you fûcking eejit.

A salmon can leap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

for dog and ulcer wrote:The match is on TG4 at 9.50 tonight, following the Connacht v Munster game on now.
Jaysus you’re some twisted individual if you were suggesting we watch it again. I mean like if someone kicked you in the clangers would you say til ‘em “sure come back around ten da ten and kick the boys again will ye”
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

TopPoster wrote:It’s going to be a long few years of this muck ahead. But why do we have to go through rebuilding with a bunch of castoffs. I’d rather see 10 ulster lads and 5 mercenaries bate but with fight in their bellies than folks who’d leg it back to Mexico if they get a sniff at getting into the 2nds.
That's it right there

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

TopPoster wrote:It’s going to be a long few years of this muck ahead. But why do we have to go through rebuilding with a bunch of castoffs. I’d rather see 10 ulster lads and 5 mercenaries bate but with fight in their bellies than folks who’d leg it back to Mexico if they get a sniff at getting into the 2nds.
Cunningham keeps signing them.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

I can’t see what benefit any young Ulster player got from that tbh. Reviewing the last two weeks I again take my hat off to Connacht, they played strong sides in all 3 games and gave it a real lash, great to watch, yet on paper did the same as Ulster with two losses and a win (probably got more BPs to be fair). Treat the fans like mushrooms and the fan base will continue to dwindle, whereas a province, based in a city the size of Derry, is leading the way. Pochettino brought Kane on for the last part of the Tranmere game because ‘the fans paid good money to see Spurs best players’, we could learn something and, even if they get injured ffs, just play a game at a time, professional sportsmen can play a game a week (Owen Farrell) and give the fans something to support, the young players will get more from being in that environment than having Sean Cronin put you on your backside twice in 10 minutes!
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Over 100 points conceded away to Leinster and Munster with only 14 put on the board ourselves.

Lambs to the slaughter.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Bar their third try in the first half Ulster played and held a more mature Leinster side rather well but struggled in the tackle dept -- due to lack of Physical maturity -- losing ground on every tackle -- weight and speed paid dividends, with lighter players players taking the injuries.

Once O' Connor and Reidy went off Ulster struggled in the set piece as the pack in the second half appeared to be about a stone lighter by man and 2 years younger at least in second row /back row and was always going to struggle even without a bit of boring.

The immaturity of most of the Ulster players compared to the Leinster Team makes comparison and assessment difficult in my opinion only one Ulster player looked totally out of place and bewildered on his first outing -- Houston -- when defending --he was in" a where shouild I be who am I marking mode of mind "

Did they benefit from the game -- if they recognise the need to bulk up -- which requires hours in the gym a couple might come through the experience and have learnt something ... I hope some of those who sing the praises of school boys and think you can walk out of school into Pro rugby have learnt something -- boys against men are losers
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Some points I agree with there Rum, mostly around physicality and conditioning of our players especially the younger ones. Some of those guys were the same or similar age grades, but condition and in terms of sheer muscle bulk, look about 2-3 years behind. Ive banged on about this for a while. You can have all the skils and bottle you want, but if your physically outgunned, no chance- look at the difference between Porter and TOT for example. Treadwell looks liked a perished rubber band in terms of muscle definition. The only one who looks physically a match is McBurney. Dalton has spunk but néeds a bit of extra muscle and dynamism too.

I agree Kernoghan and Huston look out of their depth and Lyttle got very little ball. Hume looks good going forward but again outgunned physically.
No doubt the usual excuses ref callow team, no time to blend as a unit, etc but it didnt do leinster any harm. Until we measure standards against the likes of Ladybois we're f#cking kidding ourselves about progress and "ones for the future" The old saying is its always jam tomorrow.
Stockdale and Hendo are outliers. The S&C team need to take a hard look at themselves and get these guys into some sort of fast track programme focussing on developing dynamics and power.
Of all the new guys, Balacoune is the only one flourishing in the backs (Lowry has been frustratingly unlucky) McBurny and EOS in the forwards. Dalton is a very young lock but has his chance now if hes applies himself. The difference in experience at titghthead between Herbst and TOT was glaring. TOT is 2 years off holding his own- Porter being his benchmark milestone imo.

Didnt see enough of Montgomery, but again he looks physically immature in comparison to Mexicans of similar age. Arnold and Farrell illustrate my conditioning point at Munter, Whitten and Annett in the PRL for example.
Exterminate all rational thought
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Marco wrote:I can’t see what benefit any young Ulster player got from that tbh. Reviewing the last two weeks I again take my hat off to Connacht, they played strong sides in all 3 games and gave it a real lash, great to watch, yet on paper did the same as Ulster with two losses and a win (probably got more BPs to be fair). Treat the fans like mushrooms and the fan base will continue to dwindle, whereas a province, based in a city the size of Derry, is leading the way. Pochettino brought Kane on for the last part of the Tranmere game because ‘the fans paid good money to see Spurs best players’, we could learn something and, even if they get injured ffs, just play a game at a time, professional sportsmen can play a game a week (Owen Farrell) and give the fans something to support, the young players will get more from being in that environment than having Sean Cronin put you on your backside twice in 10 minutes!
Be realistic, no squad depth and two big matches coming up.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Given what we saw, team for next:

EOS Best Moore
Nagle AOC
JM MC Reidy

Cooney (BB (Sadly)
Stockers (if fit)
Mcloskey Cave
Ludik
Addison Fullback

The bench is a cluster f*ck- Herring, Herbst, AW, Treadwell Timoney, Shanahan, Lowry? Balacoune?
Exterminate all rational thought
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I'm hearing McCall out for the season.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18