Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Post by Dave »

Link?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Ive been wondering how Zebo could have heard a single voice in a noisy 18000 crowd.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

nonplussed wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Interesting the fan who doesn’t want to talk about it, has done nothing but talk about it, even showing solidarity by posting a stalking picture with Zebo, ah well. I suppose it’s the twitter fame .
Please tell me this is a wind up? :banghead:
As a former Twitter user I read this and thought... I bet I know who that person is... So I checked and yup I was right. If there's a bandwagon to jump on thon one would be first to do it

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
222toHounslow wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Interesting the fan who doesn’t want to talk about it, has done nothing but talk about it, even showing solidarity by posting a stalking picture with Zebo, ah well. I suppose it’s the twitter fame .
She has stalking form. Zebo probably heard bugger all and she’s created a brad pitt show.
So even if there is credibility in what she is alleging, the photo with Zebo and the "I heard it claim" on social media leaves said credibility tarnished already! (And a decent solicitor will do that) Fantastic that is all we Ulster Rugby need, another case of muddy water!

If you heard something, report it! Why feel the need to plaster it all over social media?
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Gary wrote:Ive been wondering how Zebo could have heard a single voice in a noisy 18000 crowd.
Definitely plausible, given the touch judge on the Terrace side in the second half seemed happy to turn round and indulge some of the crowd in casual chit chat at the start of the second half.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

So I take it the abuse came from someone in the front row during a time in which there was no play? I'm talking from experience - been on the sidelines of a football pitch when there was a 14000 crowd. It was impossible to hear individual voices. That's why coaches have developed a sort of semaphore system to get info to the players.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

In a crowd of 18K there is bound to be one idiot .

In my view one voice does not constitute being subject to racial abuse by the Crowd .

Most of the “abuse “ directed at him was not racial and he flatters his ego when he thinks the only reason people pick on him is his colour.

How can Ulster be considered “ racially “ biased when Ulster have played coloured players who have never complained of being subject to abuse while playing at Ulster !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gary wrote:Ive been wondering how Zebo could have heard a single voice in a noisy 18000 crowd.
That is possible but unlikely without thousands others hearing the same. All the coaching staff were on that side also.
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Dave wrote:
That is possible but unlikely without thousands others hearing the same. All the coaching staff were on that side also.
Agreed. A player on the touchline could quite easily hear a comment shouted by an individual in the crowd (think 'in the hole' guy), but the comment would also be heard by quite a few people in the vicinity.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

In fairness to Racing, they didn’t wish to tarnish the name of the 18,000 in their statement.

The ITH Bellend could be heard because of the silence preceding the kick.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

I didn’t hear it and I sit in the Grandstand not far away from the witness who identified themselves on Twitter.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

There's only a couple of meters between the barrier and touchline, if something was said quietly other people would have heard it, but it might not have been many.

I find this whole episode fairly depressing, Ulster rugby has had fairly bad press over the last year or two and that combined with what's happened on the pitch has led to falling ticket sales etc. Particularly now the games aren't on the BBC a big win in Europe should have been an opportunity to generate some positive headlines and show the casual punter that a corner has been turned, but instead we get this...

I was on the East Terrace and so obviously have no way of knowing the truth of the matter, I'd personally prefer an allegation like this to be made formally instead of on twitter, but regardless of that it seems like an odd thing for someone to make up and unless he had misheard I've no reason to doubt what Zebo has said. If there is any truth to the allegations being made and the culprit is found then I hope they're banned. If not then hopefully the fact Ulster are going to the lengths they are (emailing other ST holders for info etc) will make any chubes think twice in future.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I was watching the game back on the TV and I heard a well known gulderer in the east terrace do his usual 'come on Ulster'. Nick Mullans on commentary then apologised for the fruity language. I don't know if that is what Mullans was referring to. The point is, the potential for hearing and mishearing is quite high in such an environment. Zebo acknowledges this in his post.

I remember Aled Brew crying racism at Ravenhill. I believe that this was a mishearing of the song 'dodgy dodgy kicker'. Without knowing what the actual alleged term used it impossible to address this. This needs to be clarified.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Felon Armitage cried the same when someone told him his face was like a Lurgan Spade.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

222toHounslow wrote:Felon Armitage cried the same when someone told him his face was like a Lurgan Spade.
Not correct. Matt McCullough rightfully called him a "spide" which he misheard as "spade" and caused ructions over it supported by Brian Smith who made all sorts of public allegations agianst Ulster Rugby then disappeared back under his stone when the investigation found against them. Can you imagine the furore and public rage if Twitter, Bakebook etc had been around then? And of course, Superfan would be pictured all over her social media hugging Felon
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

"I'd personally prefer an allegation like this to be made formally instead of on twitter,"

Indeed Mighty Rearranger; but sadly twitter is the new Place de la Concorde with les tricoteuses knitting,spinning, embroidering and fabricating to their hearts' content.

The media laps it up as they get to decide who is the demon de jour. Guilty until proven innocent.

Not even a not guilty verdict in a court of law can curtail the Oprichniki on twitter.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.