Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Post by 222toHounslow »

eeyore wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Felon Armitage cried the same when someone told him his face was like a Lurgan Spade.
Not correct. Matt McCullough rightfully called him a "spide" which he misheard as "spade" and caused ructions over it supported by Brian Smith who made all sorts of public allegations agianst Ulster Rugby then disappeared back under his stone when the investigation found against them. Can you imagine the furore and public rage if Twitter, Bakebook etc had been around then? And of course, Superfan would be pictured all over her social media hugging Felon
Fair enough, thanks
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

From the east terrace I could hear some commotion on the far side just after zebo had scored and the kick was being lined up. I assumed it was some banter towards him but it certainly was audible as the rest of the crowd had quitened down for the kick.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

jean valjean wrote:From the east terrace I could hear some commotion on the far side just after zebo had scored and the kick was being lined up. I assumed it was some banter towards him but it certainly was audible as the rest of the crowd had quitened down for the kick.

Audible in that things were being said, not what was actually said.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:
jean valjean wrote:From the east terrace I could hear some commotion on the far side just after zebo had scored and the kick was being lined up. I assumed it was some banter towards him but it certainly was audible as the rest of the crowd had quitened down for the kick.

I saw/heard something similar followed by laughter. He turned to the crowd at one point at gestured something.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Dave wrote:
jean valjean wrote:

I saw/heard something similar followed by laughter. He turned to the crowd at one point at gestured something.
That was close to us & whilst not able to hear & decipher every single word it, I heard banter in relation to the cameraman being right in his face. Zebo turned and laughed at a comment which resulted in a bit of laughter from the crowd. This was going on while the kick was being lined up & quietened down very quickly.

As I say, I couldn’t pick out every single word but Zebo appeared to genuinely laugh at a “smile for the camera” type comment rather than find offence.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

MightyRearranger wrote:There's only a couple of meters between the barrier and touchline, if something was said quietly other people would have heard it, but it might not have been many.

I find this whole episode fairly depressing, Ulster rugby has had fairly bad press over the last year or two and that combined with what's happened on the pitch has led to falling ticket sales etc. Particularly now the games aren't on the BBC a big win in Europe should have been an opportunity to generate some positive headlines and show the casual punter that a corner has been turned, but instead we get this...

I was on the East Terrace and so obviously have no way of knowing the truth of the matter, I'd personally prefer an allegation like this to be made formally instead of on twitter, but regardless of that it seems like an odd thing for someone to make up and unless he had misheard I've no reason to doubt what Zebo has said. If there is any truth to the allegations being made and the culprit is found then I hope they're banned. If not then hopefully the fact Ulster are going to the lengths they are (emailing other ST holders for info etc) will make any chubes think twice in future.
+1
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

eeyore wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Felon Armitage cried the same when someone told him his face was like a Lurgan Spade.
Not correct. Matt McCullough rightfully called him a "spide" which he misheard as "spade" and caused ructions over it supported by Brian Smith who made all sorts of public allegations agianst Ulster Rugby then disappeared back under his stone when the investigation found against them. Can you imagine the furore and public rage if Twitter, Bakebook etc had been around then? And of course, Superfan would be pictured all over her social media hugging Felon
And the best of that (if you can call it that) was that even on hearing what he thought was "spade", he didn't even think then that he had been abused. It was only when he told his dad a few days later that he'd been called a spade, his dad told him to make a complaint, as spade was term of racial abuse.

The Sky cameras and mics though were very close to the scene on that occasion though and Matt was vindicated in that they backed up his assertion that he called him a spide, not a spade.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

These embarrassing situations invariably happen at sell outs. Very unfortunate that 1 or 2 ar$eholes can so easily tarnish everybody's reputation.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Off on a different tangent - Grand Stand side bars on Saturday were woefully understaffed. Intended hanging around after for what was to be a couple of beers but after queueing for the guts of 30 mins I gave up and went home. I assume UR make the company who run the bars aware of expected attendance & staffing levels are planned based on that ... or maybe not.

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Luke McGrath confirmed out for Six Nations, Marmion not due back until the 3rd game, will a directive come from the IRFU to to Ulster to hold back Cooney if there is any risk of making his current injury worse?

Appreciate the answer is NO, I have my doubts.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Luke McGrath confirmed out for Six Nations, Marmion not due back until the 3rd game, will a directive come from the IRFU to to Ulster to hold back Cooney if there is any risk of making his current injury worse?

Shirley Wee D has played his way into the 6Ns?

Cooney has to play for Ulster to protect Dave. :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Luke McGrath confirmed out for Six Nations, Marmion not due back until the 3rd game, will a directive come from the IRFU to to Ulster to hold back Cooney if there is any risk of making his current injury worse?

Shirley Wee D has played his way into the 6Ns?

Cooney has to play for Ulster to protect Dave. :duck:
I love that funny little fella who ducks!
I've just been made aware that there's loads of them.
My favourites in order of preference are,
1. >minigun
2. :duh:
3. :banghead:
But honestly there's an abundance of them that I could have selected but I left out!
Feel a bit sorry for them to be honest.
Literally I could just sit and watch them all day.
In fact I might just do that.
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

big mervyn wrote:These embarrassing situations invariably happen at sell outs. Very unfortunate that 1 or 2 ar$eholes can so easily tarnish everybody's reputation.

I agree completely, Mervyn, with your premise; but the MSM carefully selects which group they deign to give the rub of the green to in these situations; I suspect Ulster Rugby is NOT in that magic circle of preference.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

I was standing on the first row of the terrace the Zebo scored in and if anything Zebo got a great reaction … quite a few ppl were singing that stupid zeeeebbbboooo chant. Anyway if somebody shouted something that must have been loud enough for Zebo to pick it out over everything else on the pitch … surely at least 100-150 people in the immediate vicinity would have heard it also? By odds this would included a few on this forum. So why is it not now widely known what was said, when and where abouts in the ground it happened. Also, the TV/microphones that would have by sure been practically beside Zebo at the time would have picked it up. Unless some real specific details come out very soon i'm calling it as either bullsh!t, wanting to be offended/attention seeking or simply mishearing. Some gobsh!te on twitter saying that he heard it sounds to me like he saw the shooter as JFK got shot too … bulldung!
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

It’s Hammertime. Well said Sir. Apologies for my blatant misogyny if you’re not a Sir.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND