Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

FRB
Initiate

Re: Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Post by FRB »

Good to see some swift action by UR but I wonder how they will enforce a lifetime ban? Other than not allowing the individual to purchase a ST or other associated memberships (URSC etc) what can they do if he, or a friend, buys a ticket? HE could just go to another part of the ground, wear a different hat and keep his mouth shut surely?

Have eventsec been issued with photfit pictures???
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I am glad to see that out of a crowd of 18000 only 1 was guilty of racist abuse

and please a little less ageism most of the over 60s have a hard enough time getting to games and 70 plus is a nightmare going up and down steps without rails to hold onto -- the old hips and balance isn't what it once was maybe the powers that be might set aside seats for those who find stairs difficult -- disability comes in many forms not just in wheel chairs.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

It’d have been better if NONE was guilty of racial abuse, but given the amount of drunken’A’holes who attend European games, it’s not surprising that one Dick thought it’d be clever to abuse a player who was being taught a lesson by Stockcube.
Many seem to go for the drink and the game is an excuse to get drunk. Ulster Rugby should make it a rule that anyone behaving in a drunken, loutish manner should be warned and then removed if they can’t get their shyte together.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Tender wrote:It’d have been better if NONE was guilty of racial abuse, but given the amount of drunken’A’holes who attend European games, it’s not surprising that one Dick thought it’d be clever to abuse a player who was being taught a lesson by Stockcube.
Many seem to go for the drink and the game is an excuse to get drunk. Ulster Rugby should make it a rule that anyone behaving in a drunken, loutish manner should be warned and then removed if they can’t get their shyte together.
Ach sure why don't you tie the swings up on a Sunday too.

Being drunk is no excuse for the abuse of a player. Anyone who does it is a Image before they touch a drop.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

The statement does not mention racist statement, it mentions a breach of Stadium Rules
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

So he carried in a Domino’s Pizza?

I have no problem with people getting drunk. I was a professional drunk for years. I object to people who get drunk and then forget how to behave themselves. They fall about the place, often knocking down others, spilling drink over people and guldering the most inappropriate shyte.
I recall one such crowd of knuckle dragging idiots standing on the prom a while back. They were well loaded before the game even started and before the first half was done, they were guldering ‘C’mon Tyrone, get into these feckers’
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Tender wrote:So he carried in a Domino’s Pizza?

I have no problem with people getting drunk. I was a professional drunk for years. I object to people who get drunk and then forget how to behave themselves. They fall about the place, often knocking down others, spilling drink over people and guldering the most inappropriate shyte.
I recall one such crowd of knuckle dragging idiots standing on the prom a while back. They were well loaded before the game even started and before the first half was done, they were guldering ‘C’mon Tyrone, get into these feckers’
So they thought Tyrone Howe was still playing.....Twunts..... :cheers:
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jackthelad wrote:
So they thought Tyrone Howe was still playing.....Twunts..... :cheers:
>appl
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

nonplussed wrote:
Tender wrote:It’d have been better if NONE was guilty of racial abuse, but given the amount of drunken’A’holes who attend European games, it’s not surprising that one Dick thought it’d be clever to abuse a player who was being taught a lesson by Stockcube.
Ach sure why don't you tie the swings up on a Sunday too.

Being drunk is no excuse for the abuse of a player. Anyone who does it is a Image before they touch a drop.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
An aubergine?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

There was more than one, there were a load of boys up the back of the Family Stand with brass instruments. Shudda heard the mouths on them. Every manner of -ism incl Favism and Taoism. I was mortified. Lifetime bans for them all please

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Deraless wrote:There was more than one, there were a load of boys up the back of the Family Stand with brass instruments. Shudda heard the mouths on them. Every manner of -ism incl Favism and Taoism. I was mortified. Lifetime bans for them all please Image

+1

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Deraless wrote:There was more than one, there were a load of boys up the back of the Family Stand with brass instruments. Shudda heard the mouths on them. Every manner of -ism incl Favism and Taoism. I was mortified. Lifetime bans for them all please Image

One of them feckers made it to the Holland and Barrett stand on Saturday. Nearly dropped my Guinness when he struck up >minigun
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I’m with Dera, sin die ban
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Regardless of what people may think of him and the Lowry celebration incident it is really disappointing that Zebo had to suffer whatever the unacceptable abuse was that made Ulster apologise to him and even more so that it was at Kingspan.

Ulster rugby appears to have handled the whole process very well, actively seeking to investigate it, calling for more witnesses to come forward when tv evidence was inconclusive and making contact with the alleged victim during the process (Zebo mentioned how good Petrie had been about the whole thing). As others have said i dread to think how Logan would have dealt with it. Probably either closed the stadium or done a runner and left Bryn to deal with it.

The swift resolution and the fact that clearly something unacceptable did occur but was limited to possibly one indivdual should also put an end to some of the unfortunate accusations which were going on both sides - people either accusing Zebo of making it up or making it out to be an “ulster problem.”

Finally, well done to the people who came forward with statements and evidence to help the investigation. I know in an ideal world the person would have been ejected then and there, but sometimes that may be easier said that done.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Well said.

It’s probably now time to move on.