Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Post by rumncoke »

the moral for Zebo is "if you stand out in a crowd don't act the Prat "
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Dave wrote:
Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote:https://www.facebook.com/98586672148665 ... 606905114/

Bizaare interview. No mention of racism. He thinks he was getting stick from the crowd because he was Irish and scored a try against us. No mention of what he did to Mike Lowry. He says it was noisy when he heard 'it'. Someone came up to him and whispered 'it' in his ear. It was an elderly man in his 40s apparently. What a deluded individual he is. Hard to believe a word he says now.

Just watched it. Didnt find it bizarre at all (well maybe the 40+ comment at a push) and good to know that the matter is being looked into properly. Hopefully the people who messaged him have also been in touch with Ulster and given ther accounts.

The reference to the Lowry incident and racism were pretty clear to me from the interview even if not explicitly mentioned.
If not explicitly mentioned then it is not clear. It is an assumption to believe anything at this stage.
He references the Lowry incident ('wasn't shy about celebrating') and makes it pretty clear that the comment he heard was racist, by tying it up with similar incidents he experienced as a younger player. I don't think there's anything bizarre about that interview, other than the fact that he thinks 40 somethings are elderly :scratch:
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

His own club (Racing 92) have already explicitly said that the alleged comment or comments were of a racist nature.

Whilst we have to wait and see if the investigation uncovers anything which may confirm if something was actually said or not, it is pretty clear to me that the allegations are of a racist nature.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

promenader 2 wrote:
Dave wrote:
Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote:https://www.facebook.com/98586672148665 ... 606905114/

Bizaare interview. No mention of racism. He thinks he was getting stick from the crowd because he was Irish and scored a try against us. No mention of what he did to Mike Lowry. He says it was noisy when he heard 'it'. Someone came up to him and whispered 'it' in his ear. It was an elderly man in his 40s apparently. What a deluded individual he is. Hard to believe a word he says now.

Just watched it. Didnt find it bizarre at all (well maybe the 40+ comment at a push) and good to know that the matter is being looked into properly. Hopefully the people who messaged him have also been in touch with Ulster and given ther accounts.

The reference to the Lowry incident and racism were pretty clear to me from the interview even if not explicitly mentioned.
If not explicitly mentioned then it is not clear. It is an assumption to believe anything at this stage.
He references the Lowry incident ('wasn't shy about celebrating') and makes it pretty clear that the comment he heard was racist, by tying it up with similar incidents he experienced as a younger player. I don't think there's anything bizarre about that interview, other than the fact that he thinks 40 somethings are elderly :scratch:
You are just making assumptions. Lowry wasn't mentioned. He talked about celebrating, what he did to Lowry was not a celebration. It was a taunt. You don't know what was said to him as a child. Stop assuming and wait for the outcome of the investigation.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

If an elderly man whispered something in his ear and the crowd was noisy are the crowd witnesses referencing the same thing that he is?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:His own club (Racing 92) have already explicitly said that the alleged comment or comments were of a racist nature.

Whilst we have to wait and see if the investigation uncovers anything which may confirm if something was actually said or not, it is pretty clear to me that the allegations are of a racist nature.
If the allegations are proven correct, they should consider closing the prom. If racism occurred on the terrace the perp would dragged out and leaving in an ambulance.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:
Bart S wrote:His own club (Racing 92) have already explicitly said that the alleged comment or comments were of a racist nature.

If the allegations are proven correct, they should consider closing the prom. If racism occurred on the terrace the perp would dragged out and leaving in an ambulance.
The Prom does seem to attract a worse element - wasn't there also a bit of a kerfuffle there at the Munster game? Probably because there are more tkts available for big match blow-ins. Nat like us real fans on the terrace where all oppo players enjoy more even-handed abuse >EW :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

The interview was weird.

Whispered in his ear?! How the feck did a member of the crowd whisper something in his ear? What then of the reports that there were racist comments from someone also on the prom, who was subsequently reported and dealt with? Is that 2 separate incidents?

Sounds like a lot of disinformation swirling around. Not all from Zebo. I was glad he was booed. If he'd done what he done in the away game and the crowd hadn't used it as material to get at him, I'd have been disappointed. That's part of our job.

That all aside knowing some of the racist gobshites that inhabit NI, I'm not the least bit surprised that some of them made it to Ravenhill and vocalised their disgusting attitudes. Who here is honestly surprised that there are racists in NI? It's not an Ulster rugby problem, it's a problem in our wider society. Just like homophobia, just like sexism.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

He looked uncomfortable when talking about almost like he knew he'd to do a bit of bullsh!tting. I don't buy that it was whispered how on earth would you hear it? Sounds like he's trying to push investigators off the trail as there'll be no evidence through recordings or other witnesses. Not in denial, it wouldn't have surprised me that some bone head that was offended by his antics in Paris took it upon himself to get back at him. But it all just doesn't add up to me.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Still, he is a côck
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Kofi Annan wrote:Still, he is a côck
That’s the best and most sensible conclusion anyone has come to with regards to this farce.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Still, he is a côck
That’s the best and most sensible conclusion anyone has come to with regards to this farce.
Thanks joe >you_rock
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

If Leicester have Derek Griffiths in their back line then Racing have a Brian Cant in theirs.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Frank wrote:If Leicester have Derek Griffiths in their back line then Racing have a Brian Cant in theirs.
He's a humpty b@stard.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I've sent that link to a mate of mine who is a psychologist. Says he can tell when people are telling porkies by the manner of their movements . I can sort of do the same by noting the way they speak and the words they use. I'll keep quiet about my opinion for the moment! :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians