Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Eggs
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster Vs Racing 92 Sat 12th Jan @ 3.15pm BT Sport 3

Post by Eggs »

No issue with Zebo here, apart from his opinion of elderly! Something unacceptable was clearly said.

What is irritating is people trying to self promote on social media by saying “I know what was said, it was awful, I heard it all” without saying what was actually said.” Typical twitter nonsense trying to attract followers, and that’s exactly what that lambrini girl was up to.

If you know what was said then share, otherwise shut your gob and stop trying to attract attention to yourself.

And you should have done something about it at the time, that’s what eventsec are there for, and should the story have been ‘Spectator thrown out of Ravenhilll for racist abuse’ been the headline then Ulster would have been painted in a positive light instead of this nonsense.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gary wrote:I've sent that link to a mate of mine who is a psychologist. Says he can tell when people are telling porkies by the manner of their movements . I can sort of do the same by noting the way they speak and the words they use. I'll keep quiet about my opinion for the moment! :D
What like touching your face, looking away, being vague, lack of detail etc....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Dave wrote:
Gary wrote:I've sent that link to a mate of mine who is a psychologist. Says he can tell when people are telling porkies by the manner of their movements . I can sort of do the same by noting the way they speak and the words they use. I'll keep quiet about my opinion for the moment! :D
Or talking complete and utter shîte
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

222toHounslow wrote:
Dave wrote:
Or talking complete and utter shîte
That too. Talking in metaphor as well...
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Maybe not bizarre but still weird IMHO...

IMHO that interview leaves more questions than answers.. We now seemingly have two quite separate incidents one involving a 40+ year who whispered something in his ear and another shouted from the terrace. Am I alone in thinking that it is far from clear what if anything was heard from the terrace by the player or was it only after 'some supporters' contacted him in private (presumably on social-media) that he first learnt of the detail if any.

The timeline to this whole incident would be very interesting to study. Who said what to whom, where and when did it all happen and finally when did anyone report it to anyone? From what I understand no reports where made to the match officials or indeed to UR at anytime prior to the social-media posting.

Quite why any player would allow a 40+ old supporter to come up and whisper 'racist' comments in his ear then seemingly ignore it and do nothing is beyond me. Again the timeline factor would be an interesting study here.. was it before the game as the players arrived or on leaving after the game. Less likely during the game that a supporter could get the chance to whisper anything in a players ear.

Of course that was a TV interview one which he was also aware what was coming having discussed that same issue with the interviewer in advance yet I would love to hear his response to a tougher line of questioning..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Maybe he doesn’t feel particularly comfortable talking about any episodes if racism he has experienced in life. He would hardly be the first person to feel uncomfortable when talking about personal racism they have experienced. Or maybe he made up those stories about what he experienced in his younger days too.... :roll:
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Bart S wrote:Maybe he doesn’t feel particularly comfortable talking about any episodes if racism he has experienced in life. He would hardly be the first person to feel uncomfortable when talking about personal racism they have experienced. Or maybe he made up those stories about what he experienced in his younger days too.... :roll:
Are you Shane Logan?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

No.

Are you Tommy Robinson?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Who?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:Maybe he doesn’t feel particularly comfortable talking about any episodes if racism he has experienced in life. He would hardly be the first person to feel uncomfortable when talking about personal racism they have experienced. Or maybe he made up those stories about what he experienced in his younger days too.... :roll:
Definitely true. He grew up in Cork.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

This is the worst game of cluedo ever.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

My tame psychologist and I are in agreement. Basically there is no reason to believe he wasn't being truthful. Psychologist said he was uncomfortable at times and was trying really hard to be relaxed, but that might have an attempt to put forward a cool, popular persona. I was only struck by his use of "whispered" which the interviewer seemed to lead him on to contradict later in the interview. Zebo didn't make a good job of correcting himself. But that is all. If the peelers asked me for an opinion, Zebo would have got a fair report.

Of course, some people are especially good actors :D

My invoice is in the post.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:This is the worst game of cluedo ever.
He did it in the bedroom with a length of piping.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dave wrote:
Definitely true. He grew up in Cork.
I’ve only been to Limerick once and I was chatting to an old boy in a bar.

A black guy walked past the door and my drinking campanion said “That’s why we have insurance”.

I made my excuses and left.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:This is the worst game of cluedo ever.
He did it in the bedroom with a length of piping.
Tommy or Shane?