Ulster Vs Benetton Fri 25th @ 7.35pm Live Freesports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

WeeWorld
Initiate

Re: Ulster Vs Benetton Fri 25th @ 7.35pm Live Freesports

Post by WeeWorld »

I can't even touch my index fingers together with one eye closed, so how Ian Mackinley is able to play at all let alone score conversions like he did last night is incredible to me.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

big mervyn wrote:At least my unbeated record is still intact even if my 100% one is gone - only game I've missed this season is Connacht. :thumleft:
Downward trend though >ES
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

WeeWorld wrote:I can't even touch my index fingers together with one eye closed, so how Ian Mackinley is able to play at all let alone score conversions like he did last night is incredible to me.
Me too and how do you judge depth and distance for catches without binocular vision? Doesn't shy away from a fight either :thumleft: Fair play to him >appl
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Easy to say with hindsight I suppose as the natural thing to do is defend everything, illegally if you must, but before going into that last lineout they should at least have considered what to do if faced with the driving maul. If I could call it, Shirley they could at least have thought of it? It was after all, the most obvious play for Ulster. A try conceded out wide is preferable to a seven pointer.
Yep - if they'd had a real sharp operator in their pack - then before the throw was made everyone knew - if the immediate sack was missed- put everything on defending the maul moving inside, force us to roll left and if we scored, we scored right on the touchline.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

WeeWorld wrote:I can't even touch my index fingers together with one eye closed, so how Ian Mackinley is able to play at all let alone score conversions like he did last night is incredible to me.
Its the passing and catching garryowens that I can scarcely believe. Incredible really.

3 fellas over beside me obviously didn't know the back story and were giving him grief for wearing the goggles. Thankfully they stopped after they were educated a bit on the matter.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Amiga500 wrote:
Its the passing and catching garryowens that I can scarcely believe. Incredible really.

3 fellas over beside me obviously didn't know the back story and were giving him grief for wearing the goggles. Thankfully they stopped after they were educated a bit on the matter.
If it can be compared Stephen Larkham played international rugby for Australia with 10% vision in his left eye and 50% in his right. He wasn't a bad player either.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jean valjean wrote:The game was another example of why ulster need a Muller type NIQ now more than ever. We had no leadership or direction on the pitch. Rory will likely be gone after this season and I don't think Marcel is the right one. There was a strong wind in the 2nd half and we didn't use it once. Since when did playing for territory become unfashionable?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Second row Sam Carter that we have been linked to is the current Brumbies captain, think he has been captain there for a few years, he's looks like a possible answer to the leadership void.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

UlsterNo9 wrote:If it can be compared Stephen Larkham played international rugby for Australia with 10% vision in his left eye and 50% in his right. He wasn't a bad player either.
Really? That I did not know!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Deraless wrote:Ruck.
Look at the ball sitting there all lovely.
Look at it a bit more.
Decide not to pass as we have to box kick.
Take up the box kick pose just to telegraph it even more.
Ignore the collective sigh from the crowd.
Box kick the laces off it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
In the Memorial stand the groan was really audible. Don't think I've ever heard such a clear sigh of despair in a situation wnere we are in control of the ball and about to take some sort of initiative. After a stupid mistake, yes, but not when we're about to go. I wonder was there a similar groan in the dugout or up the coaches' box?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Amiga500 wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:If it can be compared Stephen Larkham played international rugby for Australia with 10% vision in his left eye and 50% in his right. He wasn't a bad player either.
Really? That I did not know!
Little known fact that Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles made a formidable half-back pairing for an unbeaten Los Angeles Rugby Club during the early 60s.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:
Deraless wrote:Ruck.
Look at the ball sitting there all lovely.
Look at it a bit more.
Decide not to pass as we have to box kick.
Take up the box kick pose just to telegraph it even more.
Ignore the collective sigh from the crowd.
Box kick the laces off it.

In the Memorial stand the groan was really audible. Don't think I've ever heard such a clear sigh of despair in a situation wnere we are in control of the ball and about to take some sort of initiative. After a stupid mistake, yes, but not when we're about to go. I wonder was there a similar groan in the dugout or up the coaches' box?
Judging by the marked contrast in tempo when Stewart came on, I think so.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Having watched the game it basically reflected the fact we have a problem at scrum half Stuart can’t kick and Shan ‘S pass is too slow .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

rumncoke wrote:Having watched the game it basically reflected the fact we have a problem at scrum half Stuart can’t kick and Shan ‘S pass is too slow .

9 and 10 is a huge issue.

Stu was awful.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I see Rhys O'Donnell scored a try today
Bogbunny
Initiate

Post by Bogbunny »

When was the last time that we didn't play shyte in the 6N window?..................... nothing new here
Respect

A cavalier among pork swordsmen.