Ulster Squad 2019/20

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

Re: Ulster Squad 2019/20

Post by Loki »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:45 pm I wouldn't mind being an Irish cap or two behind him.

Double league and european cup winner who is irish qualified and covers out half, centre and fullback, what's not to like.

Can certainly add depth to our squad.
I'm largely in agreement with this, think it's a good signing and depending on the wage a good bit of business. Mathewson and Madigan are a more than good enough reserve half back pairing for the many weeks Cooney and Burns look set to miss going forward and Madigan can do a job elsewhere should Addison be away/injured.

What may also be worth pointing out is the positive influence he can have on the likes of Johnston and Lowry, as evidenced by the words of his replacement at Bristol: https://mobile.twitter.com/Sheedy95/sta ... 3276558336
ladyboy696969
Novice

Post by ladyboy696969 »

You shoud be thankful. Madser will be the first name on the teamsheet.
What's that now? 12 Leinster players up in Ulster? :lol:
We are Borg. You will be assimilated.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Sci-fi comic bookcrap.

The mass exodus from Durty Dublin is gathering pace as those given a grain of critical thought go to great lengths to escape the beggar infested, overpriced cesspit which was once a great city.

Shinnerboots will need to bring his ‘A’ game just to get his cheeks off the bench. Winning over the crowd will be an even tougher challenge.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I'm fine with him if he buys into the culture and applies himself.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:32 pm I'm fine with him if he buys into the culture and applies himself.
I think everyone will be.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:32 pm I'm fine with him if he buys into the culture and applies himself.

Spot on Merv. If he sees this as his window to get into the ireland set up and wants to play 10 each week then not really what we need right now. If he is prepared to fit team requirements and helps the young lads then fine.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

I do hope he is not to replace Ludik unless Ludik has decided to retire. Ulster used to be synonymous with family and loyalty; not sure that is true anymore. :scratch:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Setanta wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:45 pm I do hope he is not to replace Ludik unless Ludik has decided to retire. Ulster used to be synonymous with family and loyalty; not sure that is true anymore. :scratch:
To be fair, Lulu is a brave age to be playing in the back 3. Oldest player in the current squad, he'll be 34 at the start of the next season and does seem to be getting more injury prone these days.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Louis Ludik doesn't owe us a sausage! He has played consistently well, not brilliant but a safe pair of hands, good guy to have around, with the odd wee Jared-like flow between defenders.

If Madigan buys into who and what we are, he's fine by me. Remember his boots were celebrating a date which is iconic in the South, they weren't a Sinn Fein propaganda piece or a slap in the face for Unionists. We have only ourselves to blame for having to import so many players.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

solidarity wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:00 pm. We have only ourselves to blame for having to import so many players.
....and Nucifora and the FIRFU. We had 3 fine international class Ulstermen at 9,10 & 12 until they were jettisoned.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

If by Jettisoned you mean sacrificed on the twin alters of ‘Me To’ Femenazism and Money (Ruan was just pure bias), then spot on. Madison hasn’t set the world alight and his trajectory has been on a downward curve this past couple of years. He’s not one for the future at 10, and he’s pretty much square peg anywhere else.

Not moving on
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Interesting note in Jonathan Bradley's article today - apparently 5 players currently on the senior panel, and 5 in the academy have been told they're free to look elsewhere... With that size of exodus, and even with what looks like a promising intake in the academy, and a potential slimming of the squad, that suggests a couple more additions to the squad for next season.

My guess of the exiting players: O'Hagan, Z McCall, Ross, Rea Jnr / Jones, Stewart. And from the academy: Dunleavy, Hall, Agnew, Regan, Curtis? Maybe Dalton? Hughes?
..one more thing
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

What has happened to Marcus Rea since he played that game last season against Leinster (i think). Also, Jones had a decent game against Leinster this season and doesn’t seem to have reappeared.

Kane, McCall and Warwick have failed to impress, but given the need for numbers in the prop department it could be that all of them are kept on (don’t know about contract position).
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Marcus Rea can't be let go, he has a lot of potential.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

Columbo wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:19 pm Interesting note in Jonathan Bradley's article today - apparently 5 players currently on the senior panel, and 5 in the academy have been told they're free to look elsewhere... With that size of exodus, and even with what looks like a promising intake in the academy, and a potential slimming of the squad, that suggests a couple more additions to the squad for next season.

My guess of the exiting players: O'Hagan, Z McCall, Ross, Rea Jnr / Jones, Stewart. And from the academy: Dunleavy, Hall, Agnew, Regan, Curtis? Maybe Dalton? Hughes?
Dalton and Dunleavy are 2 going from the academy
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board