Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Post by Jackie Brown »

kingofthehill wrote:Cooney’s best game in an ulster shirt, great to see him be a threat with his scoots around the ruck.
Marcell was phenomenal . Hendy was immense. Moore and EOS’s work rate was incredible. Treadwell has come on leaps and bounds. The young guns in the back three bring a smile to my face at the future they have with ulster.

Stockdale was arguably best player on the pitch.

Gutted we didn’t win but I can’t wipe the smile of my face at the thought of things to come with this current side and coaches. Throw in McGrath, Faddes, Carter, Addison, Gilroy and the rest of the young guns coming through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time to get excited again, hope it's not another false dawn though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
leedsexile
Novice

Post by leedsexile »

Yesterday .... so so dissapointed, annoyed with jake etc.
Today ... delighted with performance leinster invincibility debunked totally. Lets get everyone fit and finish the season on a high as opposed to the lows of last.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Disappointed with the result but that is far outweighed by the the joy in that performance! Brilliant - so many players played out of their skins McFarland an the coaching team have done an amazing job this year and you just feel there is so much more to come. I hope they take that performance and apply it to the last Pro14 games and see where that gets us. I'm going to start listing standout players because the whole team worked so hard. Jacob will definitely be a better player after that mistake and to even get himself into the position to score was amazing, tough lesson but he will learn from it. Luke Marshal looked good coming on- he looks leaner I thought - more like the ball player, less the bosher, which was great to see.
The future is bright!
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Good man, Freddie. Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

shamalicious wrote:Good man, Freddie. Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Freddie was mixing with the Ulster fans at the game yesterday. Seemed a down to earth lad.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Thought overall the difference between the teams was the scrum penalties they won. After Stockdale's disallowed try it was so important we kept them under the kosh in the corner but gave away a scrum penalty, suspect McGrath will make a big difference there.

Stockdale under the high ball in both defence and attack was outstanding, always felt that was a weakness for him so clearly he is working on it. Lowry at FB is clearly a weakness under high contestable balls and not sure there is a solution to that other than moving him to OH.

As others have said to a man the whole team were outstanding, yes mistakes here and there but we really took it to them and so proud of the guys. Another area Leinster appeared to attack was the breakdown and had a bit of success there, so something to work on. Leinster front row subs we seemed to match which is a real credit to Herbst and Warwick. We clearly have a great coach in McFarland and hopefully we can build on this both for the rest of this season and next.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Size will always limit Lowry no matter what position he plays - sad but true because he has more talent than Carberry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

First and foremost what an unbelievable performance very proud of the team. Was brilliant to be there. It's a great feeling to know that we are as an organisation heading in the right direction after the last few years of turmoil. The Ulster crowd were brilliant 15k much louder than 35k on tv after scores. The prawn sandwiches literally only sing when they are winning. Few other points -

-Lowry def not a fullback
-Stockdale a chube but fair fks he's the best winger in the world.
-We haven't had a decent goal kicker since Mason and it's doing my head in. PJ's average kicking i'm certain has cost us trophies (at home v Sarries he missed a few simpletons that should have been enough even with 14 men and the RDS Diack final missed an easy one that would have won us game) Cooneys miss didn't cost us the game yesterday but he's just not good enough anyway.

Ps. Anybody else notice the blatant cheating for the Ross Byrne try? Timoney gets cleared out of ruck but gets held onto far too long and can't move which leaves the hole which Conan strangely enough attacks (think O'Sullivan should have done better too with tackle) Pre planned and blatant.
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

OldMan wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Well done to the lads you did your province/selves/shirt proud but Stockdale you fecking tube you cost us the game and you know it...
The lad looked devastated at the end of the game. He will get the support & he’ll learn from it
Yes quite Ulster rugby are renown for supporting their players in times of need.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Just watched the first half back.

WE WERE ROBBED!!!

Massive forward pass by Luke McGrath on 8 mins in the build up to their first try. You can clearly tell by the lines on the grass. Therefore no try.

The penalty awarded against Marcell was BS. He was on his feet. Cullen was in Poite's head. Therefore, no 3 points.

The scrum awarded for an alleged knock on by McCloskey was BS. There was a clear rip by ROL. McCloskey didn't drop it. From the resulting scrum they get a pen and kick for goal. Therefore, no 3 points should have been gained.

Poite is a disgrace.

#rematch
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Yoda
Initiate

Post by Yoda »

Dave wrote:Just watched the first half back.

WE WERE ROBBED!!!

Massive forward pass by Luke McGrath on 8 mins in the build up to their first try. You can clearly tell by the lines on the grass. Therefore no try.

The penalty awarded against Marcell was BS. He was on his feet. Cullen was in Poite's head. Therefore, no 3 points.

The scrum awarded for an alleged knock on by McCloskey was BS. There was a clear rip by ROL. McCloskey didn't drop it. From the resulting scrum they get a pen and kick for goal. Therefore, no 3 points should have been gained.

Poite is a disgrace.

#rematch
And when you watch the 2nd half you'll see an even bigger forward pass 7 phases before their second try, it crossed from one side of half way line to the other.

Close calls will always go way of home team, that's why you want home advantage, frustrating but they felt the same about some of the decisions we got
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Was that in the lead to Lowrys disallowed try Dave?

Ball knocked from Ulster player, Leinster scrum. Ball knocked from Leinster player, Leinster scrum...
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Saw enough yesterday to confirm what I already knew, we are headed in the right direction. I feel we are now where I hoped us to be come the end of year three with McFarland. The only question to be answered is whether we can do it consistently.

The key to winning any European Quarter Final remains the same, home advantage.

What progress McFarland will make over the next 12 months remains to be seen but if it continues at the rate we are currently achieving I see no reason why we wouldn't be genuinely challenging for honours.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Time to go duff the Boo boys in Glasgow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

damianmcr wrote:Was that in the lead to Lowrys disallowed try Dave?
Yes - think I posted about that earlier.

Ball ripped from Stu, but when it hit the floor it bounced back up to him. Ref gave knock on, but even BOD called it a rip and a poor decision.

From that the ball went out and Lowry went under the posts, but tbf, the whistle had gone and Leinster players stopped tackling, so woiuldn't go so far as to say it cost us a try. It certainly wasn't a scrum, and without the scrum, they wouldn't have scored the resultant penalty.

Even BOD said the decision against Marcell was harsh too - that's how wrong both decisions were. Home advantage!
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right