Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Yoda
Initiate

Re: Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Post by Yoda »

Can someone explain why we didn't get a penalty when we mulched their scrum on 73 minutes?

Awesome performance and great game, gutted at the end

And I agree with previous comment about Leinster fans, only singing when they're winning!
Last edited by Yoda on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Before the kick off I expected for a 10 - 15 point deficit . Expected the Leinster front 5 to dominate and their back row to be too mobile for Ulster to get into gear .

For those who put down Threadwell ( Dave your opinions have been dung for years — so what’s new ) The fact is he looked more the International than either Henderson or Ryan .

With out slow motion Stockwell would have had the try given — I doubt if he realised he had lost contact with the ball .

Difference between Stockwell and Diack -
. Stockwell did all the hard work and failed whereas Diack had done little but met a motivated crazy who put himself between ball and ground because Diack rolled the wrong way .

It’s all fine a dandy to say Stockwell should have dived but he had just handed off a series of defenders and was having to hold the ball in one hand— a dive would have had the same result unfortunately .

He lost the ball because in such situations he usual sets the ball behind himself on this occasion he tried to place in front because of the tackler coming from the back .

For a team in the making and a side ripped apart by retirements banishments and long term injuries — I For one had little expectation of making it out of the Pool stage never mind nearly beating the current Champs on their own patch .

So a big humble pie for me and a big — RED HAND to players and management .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:The Ulster fans were magnificent. It felt like a home game. The bluenoses were insipid. They sung once. Only after 76 mins or so.
They were shocking. 40k wee blue flegs but if they hadn't scored you wouldn't have known they were there.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Treadwell was superb.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

So that was the last game for Herbst, apparently.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:So that was the last game for Herbst, apparently.
Meh.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Had Tredders as MOTM. Marcell is a beast too.
Our defence was light years better than it has been all year. Really quick up and hitting people back rather than all this smother tackle stuff.
That was a bounce of the ball either way. Gutted for Stockdale, it's not like he was arsing about showboating. And the charge down that Herring almost got. What ifs.
I hate heroic failures but that was probably the easiest to take. Major improvement this season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Stockdale was still the best back on the pitch. We were worried about Ringrose and Lamour. Stockdale is king.

More beer?

Yes, thanks.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

rumncoke wrote:Before the kick off I expected for a 10 - 15 point deficit . Expected the Leinster front 5 to dominate and their back row to be too mobile for Ulster to get into gear .

For those who put down Threadwell ( Dave your opinions have been dung for years — so what’s new ) The fact is he looked more the International than either Henderson or Ryan .

With out slow motion Stockwell would have had the try given — I doubt if he realised he had lost contact with the ball .

Difference between Stockwell and Diack -
. Stockwell did all the hard work and failed whereas Diack had done little but met a motivated crazy who put himself between ball and ground because Diack rolled the wrong way .

It’s all fine a dandy to say Stockwell should have dived but he had just handed off a series of defenders and was having to hold the ball in one hand— a dive would have had the same result unfortunately .

He lost the ball because in such situations he usual sets the ball behind himself on this occasion he tried to place in front because of the tackler coming from the back .

For a team in the making and a side ripped apart by retirements banishments and long term injuries — I For one had little expectation of making it out of the Pool stage never mind nearly beating the current Champs on their own patch .

So a big humble pie for me and a big — RED HAND to players and management .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who in the name of holyfeck is ‘Stockwell’?

Rum, might I suggest to try reading the shyte you’ve written before posting it. You continue to embarrass yourself.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Didn’t yer Ma tell ye there’d be days like this?

We’re still in the first year of what many would quite rightly say will be a three or four year rebuilding process, but we scared the shyte outta Europe’s best team and in their own back yard.
This is why they hate and fear us in equal measure.

If we can keep building and moving in the right direction, we will soon be beating it right up the D4 feckers, but we won’t be moving on.

I hope Stu, Paddy and Ruan enjoy watching that.
Every player should be proud of that performance. Every Ulsterman is proud of them.
FIRFU.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
moyletra
Novice

Post by moyletra »

Not a complaint but if Stockdale ha dived for the score like Earles or like Lyttle (would have) we maybe might have won. Anyway great performance from Ulster

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Stockdale was still the best back on the pitch. We were worried about Ringrose and Lamour. Stockdale is king.

More beer?

Yes, thanks.

It really is a credit to Ulster than Ringrose couldn't manage to open them up. Larmour was a bit disappointing from a Leinster perspective.

The thing about Stockdale is that there is no getting away from 2 things - 1) He made a b0llocks of trying to score a try today and 2) He is a superb attacking winger and is capable of creating and executing a scoring opportunity which only the best wingers can hope to match. He will be disappointed he missed that try today but d1ckheads slagging him off about it don't impress me. Even the very best players make a balls of things sometimes.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Absolutely fantastic performance and happy to admit that I didn't expect that level from the boys. Gutted but feeling pretty good about the rest of the season.

Worryingly I heard the commentator mention that Addison had had surgery on his back and was out for rest of season, anyone know more on this?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

[quote="stickinout"]I don't think i've ever been more proud of an Ulster team performance. They played valiantly until the end. Okay, it was one that got away from us, but Jeese that should've been our game. Red, like the 300 Spartans![/quote

Couldn’t agree more. Fantastic performance all round. The Leinster me. Around me in block 526 we’re worried. This was a huge step up for the likes of Lowry & Baloucoune - they will learn from the experience.
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

Cockatrice wrote:Well done to the lads you did your province/selves/shirt proud but Stockdale you fecking tube you cost us the game and you know it...
The lad looked devastated at the end of the game. He will get the support & he’ll learn from it