Glasgow v Ulster, Fri May 17, 19:35

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Glasgow v Ulster, Fri May 17, 19:35

Post by jean valjean »

Calmed down a bit now. All in all we over achieved this year, the signings coming in will make us stronger and we can aim to consolidate from here on. Wishes for next year:
A consistantly fit addison
Lowry to challenge for the 10 jersey
The pack to just occasionally get fecking angry and start smashing some things.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

As good as Glasgow were that was as bad from us as anything during the Kiss era. Shocking. Was hoping for Aviva-esque levels of 'upforitness' but the players knew they were beat before it kicked off. Cooney is now showing why he's been cast off at every previous organisation he's been involved with. P!sh. Burns an embarrassment and with Petries line of 'we're investing in Burns' he ain't going anywhere any time in the next 3-4 years. Even more predictable than Niall O'connor and that's saying something. Young Lowry, for all his talent obviously shouldn't be anywhere near 15 but I don't even think he has it for a 10. KOTH will be all over me but he's just too darn small. He's showed up in the 10 channel a few times and he just hets clean smothered and coughs up possession nearly every time. Yet again another line out clusterfk ... thanks Rory for the unbelievable service but I won't miss those meltdowns.

Yes, overall we have improved but how could you not lets be honest. Our highlight was a defeat in Dublin at the end of the day. Other than than it's been reasonable. New signings will help but not by much. It's hard to shake of that Ulster 'loser' mentality.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Glasgow are good but jeez Ulster made them look like world-beaters. Nobody should be putting 50 points past a close to full-strength Ulster. Some of the decision-making was unbelievable. Yes we got further than we anticipated this season but a team with Best, Henderson, Stockdale, Coetzee, Murphy, Stockdale, Marshall etc should be going toe-to-toe with Glasgow who let's not forget got hammered by Saracens not so long ago.

Maybe the anger will wear off but I expected way more from them tonight.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lowry will need time to develop. Billy is just plain crap.

We remain monumentally fcuked by the IRFU. We all know why.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

HammerTime wrote:As good as Glasgow were that was as bad from us as anything during the Kiss era. Shocking. Was hoping for Aviva-esque levels of 'upforitness' but the players knew they were beat before it kicked off. Cooney is now showing why he's been cast off at every previous organisation he's been involved with. P!sh. Burns an embarrassment and with Petries line of 'we're investing in Burns' he ain't going anywhere any time in the next 3-4 years. Even more predictable than Niall O'connor and that's saying something. Young Lowry, for all his talent obviously shouldn't be anywhere near 15 but I don't even think he has it for a 10. KOTH will be all over me but he's just too darn small. He's showed up in the 10 channel a few times and he just hets clean smothered and coughs up possession nearly every time. Yet again another line out clusterfk ... thanks Rory for the unbelievable service but I won't miss those meltdowns.

Yes, overall we have improved but how could you not lets be honest. Our highlight was a defeat in Dublin at the end of the day. Other than than it's been reasonable. New signings will help but not by much. It's hard to shake of that Ulster 'loser' mentality.
I just laugh now to be honest and really look forward to say ‘I TOLD YOU SO!’

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t remember him getting turned over once through a collision.

Tight 5 were shocking,one of Hendy’s worst performances in an ulster shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Stockdale looked like a guy who hadn't done much running in a few weeks. Our ruck protection was pants, how many times was the scrum half isolated when picking up the ball. We still need a bruiser at 6 and a real ground hog poacher to be competitive.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
kirkliston_bob
Novice

Post by kirkliston_bob »

Russ wrote:Glasgow are an absolute shower of twunts
They dont have the power to match our pack nor the backline to bother Ulster

Walkover
Their fans will be outrageous too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You're as right with this as you are with everything else. Why don't you feck off and be an offensive prat somewhere else instead of tarnishing the good name of Ulster fans with the pish you post.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Now now chaps, we’re all hurting a bit but play nice.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

There are 3 very good teams in the league who overall are a step ahead of the others. Glasgow were always strong favourites in my book and showed how destructive they can be. Fair play to them.

That was a chastening experience for Ulster. In some ways a defeat as heavy as that when you think you have made good progress is not a bad thing, as it shows Ulster how far they have to go in order to actually challenge for trophies.

It has been a good season overall and well done to all concerned. Today showed there is a long way to go but ulster are on the right track :red:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I am confident.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Dave, - Lowry will be ready next season if we play him at 10

Hammer - I hope you're already working on your apology to KOTH...and, of course. to Lowry. We have potentially a really exciting set of backs. How much more dangerous they'll be with a 10 , one of whose great strengths is working , or maybe even orchestrating, the back line. :thumleft:

Kofi - Me too.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Just for the mention Ireland play Scotland in the World Cup it will not be the walk over some seem to believe it may be

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Snipe Watson wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Disappointing finish to the season but we have overachieved this year.

If you had of told me at the start of the year we would be in PRO14 semi and HC quarter I wouldn’t of believed you.

Correct. Knockout rugby in both the league and Europe were a distant pipe dream 12 months ago.

We came up against a fully rounded and hungry Glasgow team who were considerably better than us.

There are reasons to be optimistic going forward. A full preseason under Dan and we can hit the ground running. I may just buy a season ticket.
Presumably pre-season will be a bit of a shambles this year as we'll be missing our Ireland players for most of it.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I am a bit like Man City and had my tickets bought for the final already... anyone want 4 tickets?

We remain a work in progress and will do for a few years yet by then Hendo will be retiring but all the young Leinster Academy players will be blooded with more coming through.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ulster walked onto the pitch to play a well rehearsed Glasgow side .

At least 3 of the Glasgow’s trys were perceived on the training pitch two minor lifted punts worked well - the receivers nearly being in position to catch before the kick .

Sucker the defence up close to off side with the intended receiver inline or even slightly infront of the kicker .
Playing into wind helps to hold the ball .

Well rehearsed and despite the high possibility of the receiver being off side the execution of the moves deserved a try .

They are a well drilled pack who play the game in front of the ball carrier with the supporting players going round in front to block any would be challenge on the ball as he is tackled and goes to ground .

Similiarly in the red zone fringe players provide interference beyond the ruck .

They are good at what they do like the receiver at kick off is shielded by a wall in front of him .

They infringe in a manner so well rehearsed you miss the infringement .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist