Ruan Pienaar

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cracker
Squire

Re: Ruan Pienaar

Post by Cracker »

If true ,I would wish him all the best and hope everything works out for him. Going home to be near his parents in the circumstances sounds the right thing to do though we would love to have seen him involved over here in some capacity or other.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rumours from South Africa growing very strong that he will sign for the Cheetahs. Maybe confirmed this week.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Neill_M wrote:Rumours from South Africa growing very strong that he will sign for the Cheetahs. Maybe confirmed this week.
He'll get some reception if he runs out at Ravers next season.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bloemfontein is his home town, Cheetahs make sense.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Bloemfontein is his home town, Cheetahs make sense.
His hometown is Ulster
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye »

http://www.fscheetahs.co.za/news/toyota ... r-20190710

Confirmed. Let's hope we can give him a great welcome 'home' this season.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The great man steers Cheetahs into the Currie Cup final :cheers:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

If I had the money and time I'd be at the final with an enormous Ulster flag, sorry, fleg. Anyone got Saffer contacts who can get us a rep there with a fleg?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Cheetahs will be strong early part of the season with real games behind them. Will be a hard game there in Round 2.
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

Ruan is in amazing form, such a pleasure to watch him. He is playing like he were 21 years old again ( not my words but one of South African journalists) his speed and fitness just outstanding! A lot of voices there that he is still the best SA scrumhalf and should be in Japan.
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

Ruan's genius is based on vision and innate ability that age will not diminish in the way that it would with a player who based their game on sheer work rate. Ruan is a Rolls Royce and as long as he stays healthy, he'll be able to do a job.
There can be only one
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

We all know his qualities. The point is he has come back to full speed, Cheetahs have been the fittest team in the Currie Cup and play a very fast game. Ruan has played three last games for full 80 minutes each very fast with a lot of guys much younger than him . And he made some scintillating breaks with his once famous swerving runs. I remember a scathing report by Stuart Barnes after Edinburgh =- Montpellier game stating that Ruan is slow and ageing happy to plod for Montpellier!
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

I am not convinced that his heart was ever In playing for Montpellier. I think when his family didn’t settle, he was only playing out his contract whereas in Ulster he really bought into the whole club ethos. He as we all know left Ulster very reluctantly and now that he is at home among his own family admittedly in tragic circumstances he seems to be more settled. There was never any doubt in my mind that he was a class act both asa player and a basically very modest person. He
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cheetahs with Ruan in the driving seat will give a good showing this year, tails up after winning the Currie Cup and like ourselves will not have suffered from losing players to the World Cup.

I would love them to put in a showing, they are one of the South African sides that are very capable of filling their stadium with support.

Shame once again with fixtures being announced so late and our own South African fixtures so early in the season it doesn't give us a chance to organise an away trip. For anyone that hasn't visited South Africa get it on the bucket list, the garden route from the Eastern Cape to Port Elizabeth is stunning. Don't believe the hype of it being unsafe, if you're not stupid you're perfectly safe.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Will the Cheetahs have the same roster from the Currie cup for the pro 14?