L.I.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: L.I.

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
shamalicious wrote:
Dave wrote:
shamalicious wrote:
Dave wrote: The bottom line is, Paddy has a contract and this nonsense will be forgotten about in time.
Hmm are you sure, Dave? If enough sponsors cut ties to risk LI going bankrupt, they might have to let Paddy go whether they want to or not.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
They can't break Paddy's contract. I'm sure they knew when Diageo reneged on a meeting in May that they would try this BS. LI still signed him. No word of any other sponsors pulling out. This hullabaloo will pass.
I certainly hope so!

When can I buy a LI shirt with a degree of confidence?
When they make one with velcro sponsor logos....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Dave wrote:
shamalicious wrote:
Dave wrote: The bottom line is, Paddy has a contract and this nonsense will be forgotten about in time.
Hmm are you sure, Dave? If enough sponsors cut ties to risk LI going bankrupt, they might have to let Paddy go whether they want to or not.

They can't break Paddy's contract. I'm sure they knew when Diageo reneged on a meeting in May that they would try this BS. LI still signed him. No word of any other sponsors pulling out. This hullabaloo will pass.
Dave - yes they can break Paddy’s contract, at a penalised cost. But a cost mind you that might be the lesser of the loss of major sponsorship money to which they are reliant on for sustainability. Watch as each sponsor slowly withdraws now one by one as precedent set once again.

Paddy, for a few words and some granted unpleasant alcohol induced behaviour, is categorically being scapegoated for the feminist and metoo agenda. Maybe it would have been Zebo and Murray if their scandal too place more recently.

Paddy, a young impressionable man who made a mistake is being torn apart and scapegoated by large multinationals and the venom online and trolling directed towards him by these so called equality feminists has gone too far and entirely disproportionate- threats of violence and wanting him dead. Pathetic but that’s social media and this day and age we live in where these sick pr!cks have a voice and push an agenda too far.

It is interesting in some of the articles that permit comments the majority are sympathetic towards Paddy as he’s been penalised enough. I just hope the tide turns at some point. He must be very mentally resilient as every turn he takes he’s reliving it and being over vilified. Where’s the values in Diageo and Cash Grabbers as large corporations hounding a now vulnerable young person who has a right to 2nd chance and redemption noting he was actually fcuking acquitted.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

TopPoster wrote:
Dave wrote:
shamalicious wrote:

Dave - yes they can break Paddy’s contract, at a penalised cost. But a cost mind you that might be the lesser of the loss of major sponsorship money to which they are reliant on for sustainability. Watch as each sponsor slowly withdraws now one by one as precedent set once again.

Paddy, for a few words and some granted unpleasant alcohol induced behaviour, is categorically being scapegoated for the feminist and metoo agenda. Maybe it would have been Zebo and Murray if their scandal too place more recently.

Paddy, a young impressionable man who made a mistake is being torn apart and scapegoated by large multinationals and the venom online and trolling directed towards him by these so called equality feminists has gone too far and entirely disproportionate- threats of violence and wanting him dead. Pathetic but that’s social media and this day and age we live in where these sick pr!cks have a voice and push an agenda too far.

It is interesting in some of the articles that permit comments the majority are sympathetic towards Paddy as he’s been penalised enough. I just hope the tide turns at some point. He must be very mentally resilient as every turn he takes he’s reliving it and being over vilified. Where’s the values in Diageo and Cash Grabbers as large corporations hounding a now vulnerable young person who has a right to 2nd chance and redemption noting he was actually fcuking acquitted.
Shirely they would have to buy out his contract?
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Dave wrote:
TopPoster wrote:
Dave wrote:
shamalicious wrote:

Would still be much less than the £s lost in sponsorship.

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

shamalicious wrote:
Dave wrote:
TopPoster wrote:
Dave wrote:
shamalicious wrote: Hmm are you sure, Dave? If enough sponsors cut ties to risk LI going bankrupt, they might have to let Paddy go whether they want to or not.

He could pocket a tasty sum and head off to Brive. Feck them. Paddy will be grand whatever happens.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

shamalicious wrote:
Dave wrote:
TopPoster wrote:
Dave wrote:
shamalicious wrote: Hmm are you sure, Dave? If enough sponsors cut ties to risk LI going bankrupt, they might have to let Paddy go whether they want to or not.

Well Cash Converters were going so it is just Guinness as a drink sponsor so it may not be as much as you think
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Dave wrote:
TopPoster wrote:
Dave wrote:
shamalicious wrote:

Aye kinda what I meant in an Brennan about face way. It’ll cost them his full contract, maybe a bit of compo on top, and then the costs of finding another 10. But still probably less than loss of income generation from the sponsors combined. Don’t be surprised if more start “reviewing our brand’s sponsorship to uphold our values and ethics”. Feckers.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

https://twitter.com/LiRFC/status/113915 ... 53185?s=09

UAFC sponsorship for their new outhalf?

Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shepard Neame Brewery could make an ad or 2 with Paddy, they have previous form !

https://youtu.be/qBGRoyMvG7Y[img]https: ... 52c50d.jpg[/img]
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:Shepard Neame Brewery could make an ad or 2 with Paddy, they have previous form !

https://youtu.be/qBGRoyMvG7Y[img]https: ... 52c50d.jpg[/img]
That's a good drop >drinks :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

shamalicious wrote:https://twitter.com/LiRFC/status/113915 ... 53185?s=09

Wonder how much it would take.
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

So following this debacle I am refusing to support Ulster or Irish rugby, have sex with women (enforced) and now my favourite drink Guinness is off the table and all. If Pringles condemn Paddy I might as well string myself up.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote:
shamalicious wrote:https://twitter.com/LiRFC/status/113915 ... 53185?s=09

Wonder how much it would take.
Worcester Warriors charge 4k for an international and 2k for other senior players. I think our sealed bid should be at least 4k. Anything less would be an insult to Paddy.

https://warriors.co.uk/warriors-hospita ... onsorship/
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Frank wrote:So following this debacle I am refusing to support Ulster or Irish rugby, have sex with women (enforced) and now my favourite drink Guinness is off the table and all. If Pringles condemn Paddy I might as well string myself up.
So it’s a Stella and a five knuckle shuffle then Frank for the rest of eternity.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Wonder if Rory McIllroy would chip in a few coppers to help the cause, anonymously of course.