L.I.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: L.I.

Post by big mervyn »

TopPoster wrote:
Frank wrote:So following this debacle I am refusing to support Ulster or Irish rugby, have sex with women (enforced) and now my favourite drink Guinness is off the table and all. If Pringles condemn Paddy I might as well string myself up.
So it’s a Stella and a five knuckle shuffle then Frank for the rest of eternity.
Reconstituted potato snacks or golf pullovers - both crimes against good taste.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
damianmcr wrote:
shamalicious wrote:https://twitter.com/LiRFC/status/113915 ... 53185?s=09

UAFC sponsorship for their new outhalf?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Wonder how much it would take.
Worcester Warriors charge 4k for an international and 2k for other senior players. I think our sealed bid should be at least 4k. Anything less would be an insult to Paddy.

https://warriors.co.uk/warriors-hospita ... onsorship/
Get a crowd fund going?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Surprised Frank hasn’t made his views known

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

So, where should LI look for replacement sponsors?
A commercial enterprise, nil or negligible or sensible feminine customer base, and not afraid to stand up to the feminazis
Suggestions?
Betting companies, men's toiletries, motor cycles (?), diy tool manufacturers.......
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Looking at the LI website, no shortage of sponsors.
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

big mervyn wrote:
TopPoster wrote:
Frank wrote:So following this debacle I am refusing to support Ulster or Irish rugby, have sex with women (enforced) and now my favourite drink Guinness is off the table and all. If Pringles condemn Paddy I might as well string myself up.
So it’s a Stella and a five knuckle shuffle then Frank for the rest of eternity.
Reconstituted potato snacks or golf pullovers - both crimes against good taste.
Just for rum my views are that there is only one view out there currently and that's why these idiots are allowed to form opinions as there is no OFFICIAL counter argument.
We are the equivalent of the man down the pub on here I hate to break it.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
damianmcr wrote:

Worcester Warriors charge 4k for an international and 2k for other senior players. I think our sealed bid should be at least 4k. Anything less would be an insult to Paddy.

Get a crowd fund going?
I would think if brought to the attention of the URSC they would quite happily set up a medium for us all to chip in.

I think it would be a fantastic message of solidarity to Paddy from us Ulster fans.

Get the URSC on board. I'll happily donate.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
damianmcr wrote:

Get a crowd fund going?
I would think if brought to the attention of the URSC they would quite happily set up a medium for us all to chip in.

I think it would be a fantastic message of solidarity to Paddy from us Ulster fans.

Get the URSC on board. I'll happily donate.
I'm in for this, we cannot continue to have an innocent person getting their name and career destroyed like this. The whole social media fake news thing is becoming a huge concern for society and really if the quiet majority don't fight back it will be a very worrying future.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I would love to set it up, but, I'm genuinely scared of the trolls. They'd ruin your career.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jackie Brown wrote:I would love to set it up, but, I'm genuinely scared of the trolls. They'd ruin your career.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
If only we had a retired superhero with large underpants and a penchant for calling out trolls. Can we signal a pair of clown shoes into the sky?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The Drum

Rugby can do multiple things for Us -- An inside look at Guinness' approach to Sponsorship

Has a beautiful quote from the Head of sponsorship in western Europe

" Our work with rugby is all about heretiage. Its about using the sponsorships to be contemporary ,

AND GIVING THE FANS WHAT THEY WANT

Ultimately it is about getting

PINTS IN TO HANDS and DRIVING up VOLUMES "

True to their word and their ethical approach to business
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

I've had a lifelong penchant for Guinness - like many of us I suspect - but I have had my last pint of it. I have two litre bottles of Black Bush to finish and when that is gone I won't be buying any more. Diageo can go ande f8%k themselves. It won't affect them in the slightest but there isn't much i can do apart from not support them by refusing to buy their stuff.

If there was any sort of crowd fund organised to pish in their soup I'm in. Boycott the f85kers....
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jackthelad wrote:I've had a lifelong penchant for Guinness - like many of us I suspect - but I have had my last pint of it. I have two litre bottles of Black Bush to finish and when that is gone I won't be buying any more. Diageo can go ande f8%k themselves. It won't affect them in the slightest but there isn't much i can do apart from not support them by refusing to buy their stuff.

If there was any sort of crowd fund organised to pish in their soup I'm in. Boycott the f85kers....
They don't own Bushmills. Jose Cuervo are the parent company.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

big mervyn wrote:
jackthelad wrote:I've had a lifelong penchant for Guinness - like many of us I suspect - but I have had my last pint of it. I have two litre bottles of Black Bush to finish and when that is gone I won't be buying any more. Diageo can go ande f8%k themselves. It won't affect them in the slightest but there isn't much i can do apart from not support them by refusing to buy their stuff.

They don't own Bushmills. Jose Cuervo are the parent company.
Great news..... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:..and Baileys is sewage anyway....
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It will be interesting to see if Guinness cease to be sponsors of Leinster after one of their players p-ssed on someone at an end of season club binge .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk