L.I.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: L.I.

Post by rumncoke »

There is a second case outstanding and until it is decided the the damages from the first case remain undefined in such circumstances the lack of press and media coverage is not unsurprising.

I expect if the damages awarded are, substantial and examplary, then the media coverage hopefully will be greater.

It has to be remembered that social media was nearly responsible for the case being abandoned --on a number of occasions and that the defence had to change the character witnesses because of the nature of the social media.

( Which would have been a miscarriage of justice and really left the defendants exposed to worst effects of social media )

The extent to which the cross examination of the complainant was affected by the possible response on social media is also an unknown factor -- because the truth is so many the lies and inconsistencies contained in her evidence went unchallenged by the police and defence Barristers .

To some extent I can understand the police neglect since they never expected the case to go to court due to evidence of the only independent witness and once it had been decided to go to court , the challenging of her evidence by the police would be pointless -- which of course was why the handling of the case by the police was highlighted by the defence.

So I hope the Judge really does make the Damages exemplary -- to some extent it doesn't matter if the bitches can afford them and whether they are paid in full .

Sue me Paddy then could be a possibility for the person who instigated the hash tag twitter account.??? -- because it encouraged harassment and victimisation and the loss of employment.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

It's instructive that the Irish Independent, a putrid, bigot driven rag, uses every opportunity to bring up, as they libellously call it, the Belfast Rape Trial. No mention of Peter Jackson's great and well deserved result. To mention it would be a kick in the tiny balls that run that piece of brad pitt paper.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Jack — it was a “rape “ trial despite the fact that no rape occurred .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

It was an alleged rape trial. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Delighted for the man. A huge amount of tom kite was put on Twitter about the verdict/trial & aftermath. These people need calling to account. Funnily enough although based in Eng, I’d not known about this til reading this board. Hmm, I wonder why that could be?

PJ should play in Munster. He needs games under his belt, as he was a bit part in Perpignan last season. Moreover is he never going to play a game again in Ireland? Ridiculous, sooner it happens the better, get it out the way & move on.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

>clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping >appl >appl >appl
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:35 am It was an alleged rape trial. :roll:
It was a "Rape Trial", where a rape was alleged to have taken place. The defendants were found not guilty and are moving on with their lives, sadly others are not.

Li are playing Munster on 13th September in Cork. Seemingly PJ will play, hopefully people just let him get on with his life.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Would love to get down to Musgrave Park
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bought a 13/14 LI shirt on ebay - brand new with labels.

Came with a pair of samurai cotton rugby shorts and an Ireland rugby ball - also new.

When I opened the packet the seller had also given me a new "Haka" red and white cotton rugby shirt with a request that I make a small donation to a children's cancer charity.

The total price incl postage - £17.50!!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I'm holding out for their new kit, out end of the month. Get Jackson on the back.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Wearing a LI shirt could be a new "hate crime"
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Good to see PJ make his first appearance for Li in win over Gloucester. Hopefully Humphs said Hello
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Great game today as LI beat Wasps away despite nearly chucking a 13 point lead away.
Wasps weren't mugs and had a couple of All Blacks playing for them.
Massive victory LI look a very committed squad and with some additional stars still to come in the early signs look positive.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Tip of the cap also to Franco Van Der Merwe captaining London Irish at the weekend.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Was at the Sale game and LI got a physical lesson from Sale on Saturday.
Big reality check from the Wasps game as they lost virtually all the collision areas.
Fortunately they have 11 players to come in that can help bridge the step up.