Ulster v Weegies

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Weegies

Post by therealspratt »

Big-al wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:15 pm
damianmcr wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:53 pm Yeah Faddes was poor. Couldn't tackle to save himself.

Girloy looked feck after 10mins. That's what a year out does.
He is a natural winger though.
Decent passing game so I can see why he plays centre sometimes but seems an ineffectual tackler (other than one good hit he put in).
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Looked like our thirds held up ok against their seconds in the first half, then our seconds ruined their thirds in the second half. Not really but you know what I mean.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Forgot to say, Lowry looks the real deal at 10. Why play him anywhere else and why play anyone else there?
Knows nothing
Novice

Post by Knows nothing »

Faddes isn't great. I thought that before he arrived. Missed tackles. Threw a hospital pass to Ethan McIlroy at one stage.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Who Faddes? He said he prefers 13.

Thats a reply to big al.
Last edited by damianmcr on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

solidarity wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:28 pm Forgot to say, Lowry looks the real deal at 10. Why play him anywhere else and why play anyone else there?
Hopefully this is the start of him moving there permanently.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Lowry was itching to get back on and play a bit of 10 after his stitches. No real injuries which is a plus.

Still a big gulf between Cooney and the rest.
The Tredders Carter combo looked good.
Graham Curtis is a speedy wee hallion.
Reidy is a class act and it looks like Grant has been working well with the forwards too.

I did laugh at the PR blurb on the big screens when Marcell said about UR getting behind the players when they were in need.

And the announcement advising patrons that stray balls might land in the terrace during the match!
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

The band, as usual were an embarrassment but running out of Murphys at half time will be hard to beat.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I've been banging on about Lowry at 10 and I think I may well be right. He showed how you get a back line moving. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

And how did they manage to run out of Murphys when there was such a small crowd?
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

That was a lovely surprise - watched the match in the garden in Switzerland; lovely to see Ravenhill so early in the season and very impressed by the rolling maul and the pick and go.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Deraless wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:20 am And the announcement advising patrons that stray balls might land in the terrace during the match!
This is probably why... https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... e-goes-mad
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

So what have I missed?

Faddes is useless, based on his first 40 minutes in an Ulster shirt, playing in a pre season friendly, with a second string side and cannot tackle a fish supper having had 4/5 weeks to adjust to our defensive system.

Okay thanks all.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Harold7
Warrior

Post by Harold7 »

Knows nothing wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:32 pm Faddes isn't great. I thought that before he arrived. Missed tackles. Threw a hospital pass to Ethan McIlroy at one stage.
Yep...40 minutes of a nothing pre season friendly has definitely proved your opinion of him correct.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

:lol:
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Pre season is not the time for do or die tackles -- the statistics show that it is the tackler who is more open to injury than the ball carrier.

Ringrose has been missing tackles in every game for Ireland -- a coach should be happy if his player was in the position to make a tackle or shepherds the ball carrier to a no danger position for some else to tackle. Not every missed tackle will lead to a try.

The most important thing for the player at this time is to avoid injury before the season starts.

Similarly the coach at this time basically knows his match day XXIII -- what he wants to find out is what depth he has in the squad when knocks render players as unavailable or needing a rest or who should start and who can come on and adjust to the pace of a game quickly -- a player is of little use as a sub if it takes him five minutes to mould himself in to a game and into his assigned role.

Sometimes players in their first season make very effective subs because the opposition have no prior knowledge as to how they attack .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist