Ulster v Zebre Friday 1st Nov 7:35pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rovi Snave
Warrior

Re: Ulster v Zebre Friday 1st Nov 7:35pm

Post by Rovi Snave »

Shiite
Finished
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

:evil: The worst aspect of the game was the inane music being played during stoppages. It was pure sh**e and so loud you couldn't have a conversation with any of your fellow spectators. I presume this is another development of the "Ulster Way" to make us like Sorries! :evil: :evil:
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

There's a couple of hours I'll never get back again. .. and some of it to music. :banghead: :banghead:
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

The music has to stop 🛑 >flog
Finished
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

All very static.
There can be only one
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Music truly awful and totally inappropriate. Far worse than the band !!!!!!!!!!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

brad pitt, atmosphere, brad pitt crowd, Ulster is becoming a non Ulster, no Ulster men in rugby management and only 3 ulstermen in the starting 15. That’s not Ulster. Looking more like a yellow pack Saracens. I am no longer convinced Dan is the real deal, JP is talking the talk but I am still unconvinced, hope I am wrong but the way things are being done I can see him being compared to Slogan.

WTF with the music
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Missed the last two matches, doesn't sound like it is worth even watching
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Agree about the music, it really is very intrusive, much more so than even the band.
The conditions were very poor and in the circumstances the performance whilst it was not scintillating it was batter result than Leinster the previous week. My main disappointment is that Ulster failed to get the bonus point.
I thought Johnston playing in far from ideal conditions had a workman like performance and was impressed by Curtis’s cameo appearance.
In fact I thought he showed more promise than Faddes did earlier in the centre.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

The problem about the band, as can be heard from watching on the bax from far afield, is that a large section of the crowd sing along or do the old ‘whooaawhooaaa’ stuff and encourage it. Hence doesn’t get picked up by the management as the embarrassment it is but rather seen as part of the whole entertainment package.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I don't mind the band, at least they have a bit of enthusiasm. For me the saddest part of the atmosphere is the now formulaic singing of two choruses of SUFTUM as the teams run out. Not a lot of enthusiasm for it any more, we barely make it through the second. At least there were a couple of Cheerio, cheerio cheerio's last nght. Did I hear that one of the Italians made a 'rude gesture' to the crowd'?
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

The music; any chance of a nice piece of Telemann or Vivaldi, UR?
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Its the Four Seasons home for you me lad
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

first it was the dancing girls,now the band...…..ffs enjoy it.....or is it you love slagging anybody, anything... get a life you guys...
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Hmm yes I wasn't there on Friday, but I didn't really enjoy the Cardiff game - atmosphere wasn't great, agree with the general sentiment about the music etc. There's a bit of the 'enforced jollity' of party games at a work Christmas do about it.. It'll be interesting to see if it picks up when the European games start - last year the atmosphere against Racing was cracking.

Poor performance as well - yes Zebre are a decent well-drilled side, but we had plenty of chances. We don't seem to be fully firing - I have to say I was very heartened by the pre-season games and the Ospreys game, I thought we looked really good, generating quick ball, the set piece functioned well, played some nice stuff. I wonder if the absolute tanking we got by the Cheetahs has affected us a bit like the England game last 6 nations affected Ireland? Since then we haven't looked nearly as confident, and have really struggled to raise the tempo against, in all honesty, pretty average sides... I think we'll rue the lost BPs in the last 2 games at the end of the season

The scrum was more solid, but the lineout was an absolute shambles - why is it that we just can't sort this out??

I'm a little concerned by the Munster game - they've been playing well enough, I'd have concerns about our scrum and lineout, and us playing off scraps on the back foot for 80 mins... A bad beating wouldn't be great prep for a trip to Bath
..one more thing