Munster v Ulster Sat 5:15pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

SparkyClarky
Warrior

Re: Munster v Ulster Sat 5:15pm

Post by SparkyClarky »

Stockdale looks like his confidence is shot!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Stockdale looks like he has had all of his flair coached out of him.

Munster good value for their win, we hung in there and could have nicked it. On reflection point gained.

Scarlets Vs Treviso up next
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Stockdale looks completely devoid of any confidence. Doesn't help having to play in the same team as Faddes
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Joe Schmo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:09 pm How bad is Ulsters performance tonight that were still discussing PJ and SO on a match day thread. So many errors tonight, it must be so demoralising for the coaching staff. I know I am.
It's hard to watch at times BUT and this is a big BUT we are trying to play a high risk high reward game, you're going to get the errors, albeit there are far too many at present. Still a work in progress for me.

I'd rather us try and fail at this style of rugby than play the aboslute Schmidt....... Ireland played at the World Cup, low risk, predictable, fewer errors.

We matched Munster at Thomand physically minus Coetzee and Henderson, that's very encouraging.

Good to see Bobby B back.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Thought we would get tanked and still thought that at HT as their physicality was wearing us down already.

Fair play to hang on for the point. Some encouragement. Cooney was very good IMHO.
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Cooney has to stop box kicking in the Ulster half. They make about 2 metres while giving away possession. It's a high risk, low reward option.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Am I the only one who thinks Faddes is a complete dud? He looks no better than Nelson.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

thecrouch wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:56 pm Am I the only one who thinks Faddes is a complete dud? He looks no better than Nelson.
No but at least the Admiral tried his best. Faddes doesn't seem to try. Pity there isn't a January transfer window to offload him in.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

thecrouch wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:56 pm Am I the only one who thinks Faddes is a complete dud? He looks no better than Nelson.
No I agree with regard to Faddes. The Admiral at least tried and appeared to be remorseful when he made a mistake. Faddes was bigger up before his arrival and I just can't see why.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Really disappointing result, a match we could have won and end up with a losing bonus point. Need to do better against a Munster team ripe for the taking
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Trouble with Ulster was the fact Curtis played the game in accordance with his instructions - which made the Ulster game plan predictable and easy to defend - two on the inside centre . The wings didn’t get a pass all night .

Possibly the weakest aspect of Stockdale ‘a game is against the high ball and to night his opposite number is possibly one of the best ariel
Players in Europe so his discomfort maybe understandable .

Personally I think he might have been better used at full back because Faddes has yet to impress
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

rumncoke wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:02 pm Trouble with Ulster was the fact Curtis played the game in accordance with his instructions - which made the Ulster game plan predictable and easy to defend - two on the inside centre . The wings didn’t get a pass all night .

Possibly the weakest aspect of Stockdale ‘a game is against the high ball and to night his opposite number is possibly one of the best ariel
Players in Europe so his discomfort maybe understandable .

Personally I think he might have been better used at full back because Faddes has yet to impress
You state the weakest part of Stockdales game is against the high ball, then you state he might have been better at fullback? :lol:

He'll be safe from the high ball at fullback :duck:
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

No. I would like to see the two Robs and Stockdale as the back three.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Before the match I probably would have taken an LBP. Never thouht we could have stolen a win. Munster are better than this. I'm not sure that Ulster really are at the minute. We usully rise to the occasion so I'd be reasonably happy going into next week.

If we get half way to this... https://youtu.be/h_kbqIqVGJQ

RIP Nevin.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

‘Those two’ were sacrificed on the alter of sponsorship money.

As for disgrace...your entitled to your opinion, but I don’t believe the garbage reported by the media or pander to the hysteria of feminism. This small minded pseudo religious shytehole we live in would be all the better if those who profess to live by some higher moral standard actually climbed down from their high horses and stopped believing they have earned the right to judge their fellow human beings.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.