Bath v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11324
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Carrickfergus

Bath v Ulster

Post by Jackie Brown » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:44 pm

Who we hoping to see?

Addison, Lyttle, Marshall, McCloskey, Stockdale, Burns, Cooney

McGrath, Herring, Moore, Hendo (C), Carter, Murphy, Ready, Coetzee

Bench, McBurney, O'Sullivan, O'Toole, Treadwell, Timoney, Shanahanananananan, Curtis, Gilroy

How have Bath been doing this season?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by Neill_M » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:47 pm

Game on Channel 4 as well as BT Sport. 1pm Kick off Saturday.

Bath 9th - 2 wins, 2 losses.

Bristol 43-16 Bath
Bath 13-10 Chiefs
Wasps 30-22 Bath
Bath 22-13 Saints.

justinr73
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2573
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by justinr73 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Ah so we do have a game on this weekend.

Bath were doing tom kite until they just beat the Saints.

I think Gilroy will start.

More importantly, where are we drinking.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/loc ... th-3344547

I've heard rumours about Belushi's which looks awful or the Irish pub which, according to Tripadvisor, has the worse bogs this side of Trainspotting.

The Pig and Fiddle must be worth a visit, although I've never felt comfortable asking for a pint of Butcombe.....

10 or 15 only
Initiate
Posts: 355
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:47 am

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by 10 or 15 only » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:04 pm

I have 2 stand tickets available - family circumstances meant cancellation of the trip.
pm me if interested.

Bart S
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3444
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by Bart S » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:18 pm

justinr73 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:54 pm
Ah so we do have a game on this weekend.

Bath were doing tom kite until they just beat the Saints.

I think Gilroy will start.

More importantly, where are we drinking.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/loc ... th-3344547

I've heard rumours about Belushi's which looks awful or the Irish pub which, according to Tripadvisor, has the worse bogs this side of Trainspotting.

The Pig and Fiddle must be worth a visit, although I've never felt comfortable asking for a pint of Butcombe.....

Worst bogs on a rugger trip - De Danu Toulouse (owner Mr T Brennan) : Sat night January 2007. The sh1t may have hit the fan the next day when the owner got a bit aggro, but that night it was hitting everywhere bar the centre of the toilet judging by the state of the bogs.

Bart S
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3444
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by Bart S » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:19 pm

And yes, where are the Ulsterites going to be drinking in Baaarf this weekend?

User avatar
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1663
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by LegsLikeSausages » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:03 pm

The South Wales Ulster supporters club are setting up an Ulster fanzone in Flan O’Brien’s. I assume the establishment with the trainspottingesque toilets?

We’re going to head there pre-match and probably post-match too.

I see Marius Mitrea is the ref....

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5875
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by Neill_M » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:38 pm

justinr73 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:54 pm
Ah so we do have a game on this weekend.

Bath were doing tom kite until they just beat the Saints.

I think Gilroy will start.

More importantly, where are we drinking.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/loc ... th-3344547

I've heard rumours about Belushi's which looks awful or the Irish pub which, according to Tripadvisor, has the worse bogs this side of Trainspotting.

The Pig and Fiddle must be worth a visit, although I've never felt comfortable asking for a pint of Butcombe.....
Apple Tree and Boater are recommended if you want some chat with the Bath lads.

justinr73
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2573
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by justinr73 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:48 pm

Ooh cider in the Apple Tree sounds tempting.

Hopefully as good as The Orchard near Ashton Gate in Bristol.

leedsexile
Novice
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by leedsexile » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:53 pm

What has happened to this forum this season.
There seems to be no enthusiasm, no interest, apathy reigns.
I do not contribute tbh but have allways enjoyed looking in regularly for the wit, energy etc for our boys.
Whats up ??

LUMBERJACK
Novice
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by LUMBERJACK » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:27 pm

NO BAGGY

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by damianmcr » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:05 pm

leedsexile wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:53 pm
What has happened to this forum this season.
There seems to be no enthusiasm, no interest, apathy reigns.
I do not contribute tbh but have allways enjoyed looking in regularly for the wit, energy etc for our boys.
Whats up ??
Not sure. Forum was down and maybe they just haven't returned.

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 5715
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:31 pm
Location: holywood (or glasgow)
Contact:

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by HwoodMike2umate » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:15 pm

And no-one even seems to care that this Saturday in Bath it will be DAY 4683. And, Lest We Forget, it will also be DAY 4683 in Belfast.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh

User avatar
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2046
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by kingofthehill » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Jackie Brown wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:44 pm
Who we hoping to see?

Addison, Lyttle, Marshall, McCloskey, Stockdale, Burns, Cooney

McGrath, Herring, Moore, Hendo (C), Carter, Murphy, Ready, Coetzee

Bench, McBurney, O'Sullivan, O'Toole, Treadwell, Timoney, Shanahanananananan, Curtis, Gilroy

How have Bath been doing this season?
Rea will start ahead of Reidy.
Ludik makes the bench spot.
The King is dead. Long live the King.

jean valjean
Warrior Assassin
Posts: 1426
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by jean valjean » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:00 pm

damianmcr wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:05 pm
leedsexile wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:53 pm
What has happened to this forum this season.
There seems to be no enthusiasm, no interest, apathy reigns.
I do not contribute tbh but have allways enjoyed looking in regularly for the wit, energy etc for our boys.
Whats up ??
Not sure. Forum was down and maybe they just haven't returned.
No tappytalk.

Post Reply