Bath v Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

DWFinn
Novice

Re: Bath v Ulster

Post by DWFinn »

leedsexile wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:53 pm What has happened to this forum this season.
There seems to be no enthusiasm, no interest, apathy reigns.
I do not contribute tbh but have allways enjoyed looking in regularly for the wit, energy etc for our boys.
Whats up ??
For me, there’s too many threads. One would probably be enough and it could change topics naturally depending on whether we’re playing a game, watching Ireland or embroiled in a scandal.

If multiple threads are deemed necessary, they’d be better all on one page.

Obviously it’s easy to make these suggestions - huge appreciation to the people who actually run the site.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

That's an interesting suggestion.

Next.....!
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

DWFinn wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:11 pm
leedsexile wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:53 pm What has happened to this forum this season.
There seems to be no enthusiasm, no interest, apathy reigns.
I do not contribute tbh but have allways enjoyed looking in regularly for the wit, energy etc for our boys.
Whats up ??
For me, there’s too many threads. One would probably be enough and it could change topics naturally depending on whether we’re playing a game, watching Ireland or embroiled in a scandal.

If multiple threads are deemed necessary, they’d be better all on one page.

Obviously it’s easy to make these suggestions - huge appreciation to the people who actually run the site.
Off topic.
Need to start that debate on a new thread.

:duck:
widerball
Novice

Post by widerball »

rocky wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:43 pm Unbelievable negativity from some of you on this board right now.
Firstly, you continue to punish UR for things over which they had no control. Ryan Pienaar was kicked out by Nucifora, not by Ulster. It was Ulster, on the other hand, who signed John Cooney and he has proven to be a very good replacement for Ruan.
Jackson and Oldinng were kicked out by Dublin (and SL) but you continue to moan about this, even though the culprit here has gone. Since then, Ulster have brought through such as two Reas, Lowry, Hume, Lyttle, Moore and Balacoune, all exciting home-grown young players.
Yet you whinge about the lack of home-grown players. Well, if you can identify any other such players who are worthy of their place in the senior squad, let me know or, even better, let Bryn Cunningham know. You also forget that the academy and fringe players have been clearly improving over the last season or two.
Even though UR has gone through the dreadful disruption of season 2017-18, the performance last year was far better than anyone was forecasting - knockout stages in both league and cup. At present, we are second in our section, having lost players to the RWC and suffered a bad run of injuries in the back division.
But, having said all that, for me, the worst thing is that you call yourselves fans and supporters of Ulster. Well, my belief is that a fan is someone who turns up and actively supports their team through the bad times. Anyone can be enthusiastic when things are going well, only to disappear when the sh1t hits the fan.
Ulster Rugby, to survive, let alone be a top European side, has to balance the books. That means having the best possible players we can afford to pay. Many of our players are not Ulster born but no-one, in my opinion, can question their commitment and loyalty to the Ulster shirt. If they ever read this forum, they must be pretty angry at some of the stuff posted by so-called supporters.
You should give up on all the negative stuff and forget what is past (oh, sorry, this is Ulster - we don't forget stuff, do we?) and start to support the team again, as I know many of you did in the recent past.
Rant over, I'm off to Bath to support my team.
Totally agree - some sense at last from a true supporter >clapping >clapping >clapping >clapping
Any idiot can face a crisis -it's day to day living that wears you out.
leedsexile
Novice

Post by leedsexile »

Excellent thats a bit more (discussion) of what im used to from afar.
Me and my lad are jumping in car tomorrow to come down from leeds
The rec is pricey at £60 a seat whereabouts will the ulster support be sat.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Thatchers Stand on the whole I reckon - think I'm on the Thatchers East Terrace.

I hope it's named after the cider.
leedsexile
Novice

Post by leedsexile »

Bugger no terrace tickets left anyone got 2 for sale by chance
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:47 pm Thatchers Stand on the whole I reckon - think I'm on the Thatchers East Terrace.

I hope it's named after the cider.
Take the Greta Thunderthighs Zyl lane, for party nomenklatura, to the Jo Swingtitz Stand. :cheers:
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Surprised not to see Reidy starting as has been in good form this season, but hopefully Rea can do the job tomorrow. I thought they may opt for Faddes on the bench ahead of Ludik.

Anyone know who is the 2nd goalkicker if something happens to Cooney? Hopefully not McCloskey. Is Curtis a goalkicker? There is also Addison but not sure how often he kicks.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Bart S wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:15 pm Surprised not to see Reidy starting as has been in good form this season, but hopefully Rea can do the job tomorrow. I thought they may opt for Faddes on the bench ahead of Ludik.

Anyone know who is the 2nd goalkicker if something happens to Cooney? Hopefully not McCloskey. Is Curtis a goalkicker? There is also Addison but not sure how often he kicks.
Lyttle is a superb goal kicker far better than Cooney.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

On the whole forum thing i agree that numbers have dropped off and also that some very prolific posters have disappeared, who also kept debates going (Russ, Baggy, Dave etc) and the number of posts disproportionately high.

Rocky - whilst I think there is much to admire in your post, personally I do think that if people feel that the team/organisation has let them down in the way it has carried on or has different values from them then it is understandable why they no longer support the team. This is very different from not supporting the team because results are not going well. For me personally getting rid of Logan eventually was a big step forward and enough for me to keep supporting the team.

I am less bothered about the number of ulstermen (i mean ulster born in this instance) in the starting team than some others and recognise the work the Academy is doing to move this forward. They are all Ulstermen to me anyway.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

HammerTime wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:23 pm
Bart S wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:15 pm Surprised not to see Reidy starting as has been in good form this season, but hopefully Rea can do the job tomorrow. I thought they may opt for Faddes on the bench ahead of Ludik.

Lyttle is a superb goal kicker far better than Cooney.
Had forgotten about him. Better than Cooney though?!!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Whatever happened to Russ?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I think Burns can kick.

Did Russ and Dave keep debates going or just trot out unfunny cliches most of the time?

Is it on TV?
Looks strong etc

BT is obviously sorely missed.
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:33 am I think Burns can kick.

Did Russ and Dave keep debates going or just trot out unfunny cliches most of the time?

Is it on TV?
Looks strong etc

BT is obviously sorely missed.
Ah Lionel, you seem to be like a 6th year after the summer hols acting the forum hard lad because the bigger boys are off to uni. Why don't fold up your inverted penis back into your manbag and kindly shut the f#ck up.

You're still an unfunny twunt.