Random mutterings on attending the match

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Random mutterings on attending the match

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:11 pm I got it last night but didn't post it. I'll post it within the hour.
Top man :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:29 am Haven't been in over 18months. Do they still have some DJ mispronouncing the opposition names? Do they still preach about 'Ulster Values'? Do they still pump in SUFTUM? Is there a Band? The whole experience used to be very organic, head down, meet your mates, cheer on the lads.

Now it's feels very artificial, very plastic, I'll sing SUFTUM if they deserve it.
It’s no more plastic than anywhere else, and considerably less so than some.

Even the Lionels were OK yesterday.

16 wins and a draw in the last 17 home games. People really ought to be turning out for that and not cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

The 8 wins out of 10 this season is impressive enough, but it’s the fact that we took a point from both of the other two that speaks volumes.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:43 pm
Jackie Brown wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:29 am Haven't been in over 18months. Do they still have some DJ mispronouncing the opposition names? Do they still preach about 'Ulster Values'? Do they still pump in SUFTUM? Is there a Band? The whole experience used to be very organic, head down, meet your mates, cheer on the lads.

Now it's feels very artificial, very plastic, I'll sing SUFTUM if they deserve it.
It’s no more plastic than anywhere else, and considerably less so than some.

Even the Lionels were OK yesterday.

16 wins and a draw in the last 17 home games. People really ought to be turning out for that and not cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

The 8 wins out of 10 this season is impressive enough, but it’s the fact that we took a point from both of the other two that speaks volumes.
Lionel fans are usually dead on.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

It’s crap.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I thought that the Cheerleaders were a good idea. Where are they now? Any thoughts BR?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:32 pm I thought that the Cheerleaders were a good idea. Where are they now? Any thoughts BR?
No doubt he has plenty of thoughts, none of which are printable on an open website.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Agree with much of the sentiment from BR and listening back on TV it is amazing how many expert fans we have shouting down every decision from the referee.

The non forward pass was the best example with such knowledgable shouts each time it played on the big screen. Some can’t even understand the art of cheating in that you test the ref and adjust accordingly.

I also am amazed how many comments are directed at one if any sign of appreciation is shown towards exceptional play by the opposition. To quote Nigel it’s not soccer.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So as I was saying, we needed a drink after that first half tonight notwithstanding the try at the death.

To be fair to Quins, we went to a concession not one of the stadium bars.

After standing for a while, we got to the front and ordered about ten pints or whatever.

The fella starts diligently pouring them out (because the idea of pre-pouring hasn’t reached London either). There was a bit of noise coming from inside the ground at this point and the ‘supervisor’ suddenly appears on the boy’s shoulder and asks us if the game had started again.

We said well it sounds like it and she proceeded to tell us that in that case the boy was due his break!

He looked a bit sheepish but, needless to say, I opined that he must be exhausted after working for a full 15 minutes an’all!
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I moan about the way they pull a pint of stout, but the rest I view with some equanimity.
Not moving on.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.