Christmas Targets pre Euro fixtures

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

Re: Christmas Targets pre Euro fixtures

Post by Dharper »

6pts from 2 games. Bp home win building on the home record. Unexpected bp in Dublin.
Big players getting rested (EOS/mm in particular)/good use of squad. JMcG back, WA back.

LL will be a loss as he is such a solid versatile squad player - but I think the squad can cover his absence. Then we get onto MC, Friday was a blow can’t see him back inside a month if he has a facial injury. The backrow is really going to have to step up in his absence.

So, Munster: this is the biggy. They have a must win game away against racing 9 days later, they’ve lost at home to Leinster- id imagine the rumours of a strong Munster visiting are accurate.
I’d imagine we’ll be fully loaded barring injury to MC. Stop their pack gaining dominance, & I’d fancy us. Targeting of kilcoyne & stander in particular to stop them on the gainline.

JMcG RH MM
IH AOC
Rea JM Reidy
JC BB
SMcC LM
JS WA RB

EOS McB TOT KT NT shan BJ Faddes

This is a big statement game for both teams.
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

Stander is currently in South Africa as he played in the Connacht game and like Henderson and Stockdale has to miss two games over Christmas. Kilcoyne, Kleyn and Farrell all played vs Connacht but not sure they will be subject to the same restrictions in terms of playing time. Earls, O’Mahony and Murray all missed Connacht and Leinster games so should be playing on Friday. I’m not sure how long O’Mahony is expected to be out for following his injury warming up for the Saracens Euro game.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

11 pts from 15, 2/3 wins, losing bp in Dublin - good Xmas.