Leinster Away - Friday Dec 20th 7:35pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Leinster Away - Friday Dec 20th 7:35pm

Post by justinr73 »

More fun than usual.

And I won fifty quid on the handicap bet.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Weird result, how we got a bonus point and in the end ended so close I can't believe. At the end of the day it came down to individual performances to dictate if we made progress from the game.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Will D4 be on later complaining about his friend Mr Clancy?

Loose rugby, Leinster switched off but Ulster stuck to their guns. Is that a McFarland influenced performance to the end?

Great to get the point. Mission completed. Unfortunate for Curtis. Was it the knee?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Quite a few individual performances tbf.

Played some lovely stuff at the end there. Those young lads can be proud of that.

Yes, looked like a nasty knee injury.
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Liam Toland was bumming and blowing about the strength of the Leinster side all game. Then after conceding 42 pts he claims it was a side 'thrown together '. Great effort from the nippers. There won't be another side putting 42 on Leinster at home this season.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Can't argue with an LBP. Come back from nowhere. Won the second half. I suppose it'll do all right. I can see why d4 might have a bone or two to pick with Mr Clancey but Faddes's sin bin was a bit tough.

For me it was all about organisation and aggression. They had both in spades until they sat back in the second half. We had a lot less of both. Do we just have an inferiority complex? But, fair play to the kids. Well done.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Super performance from Ulster.
I thought at one point you were going to end up with a tanking but your young lads kept going. Clancy wasn't as intrusive as he usually is.

Is that the record score Ulster have ever put up against Leinster in Dublin?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Record losing scores anybody?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

That high tackle on Ethan may attract some attention. Looked like he was smacked right in the chops to me.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dublin4 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:47 pm Super performance from Ulster.
I thought at one point you were going to end up with a tanking but your young lads kept going. Clancy wasn't as intrusive as he usually is.

Is that the record score Ulster have ever put up against Leinster in Dublin?
Previous highest was 34.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The total of 14 tries equals the PRO14 record for tries scored in a single match - Edinburgh's 66-32 victory over Caerphilly back in September 2002.

96 points is the Championship's second biggest ever total.

Ulster's tally of 42 points is a PRO14 record for a losing team.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A funny game with a funny final score .

When I saw Clancy was the referee I feared for Ulster that fear was realised within 2 minutes when Leinster put 7 points on the board and as Ulster pressed to equalise the Cullen Cynical Professional Fouling machine continued without a yellow in sight.

Then Clancy was Clancy with a yellow to Matt Faddes -- his arm never made contact with the players head the player had Turned and Ducked as Faddes went over the top of him. That it was a venomous intented tackle can't be denied but was a failed one.

Having achieved is evenings ambition Clancy then settled down and the game became interesting as Leinster started to play with contempt for the Ulster team as if they had the freedom of the RDS (after they had scored their normal 3 three 5 metre trys ) -- this style of play provided Ulster with 14 points a dropped pass which Faddes picked up and then cleaned Kearney to the Try line and an intercept by Gilroy.

Those two trys gave Ulster a bit of self- belief which provided the crowd with an entertaining last 20 minutes as Ulster let the air out the inflated Leinster ego bubble.

Those in Leinster who failed to attend missed possibly the best nights entertaining rugby of the season .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
iank22
Novice

Post by iank22 »

faddes showed great pace for his try, looked like rob kearney would get him but faddes stepped on the gas
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

It's funny how you hate Clancy for the opposite reasons to Leinster fans who despise the man. He basically stopped reffing after about half an hour.
The one thing we can agree on is that it's well past his time to go.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Wouldn't say he stopped refereeing it was more like he knew the result had been achieved and stopped interfering .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist