Munster Game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

Munster Game

Post by Dharper »

6pts from 2 games. Bp home win building on the home record. Unexpected bp in Dublin.
Big players getting rested (EOS/mm in particular)/good use of squad. JMcG back, WA back.

LL will be a loss as he is such a solid versatile squad player - but I think the squad can cover his absence. Then we get onto MC, Friday was a blow can’t see him back inside a month if he has a facial injury. The backrow is really going to have to step up in his absence.

So, Munster: this is the biggy. They have a must win game away against racing 9 days later, they’ve lost at home to Leinster- id imagine the rumours of a strong Munster visiting are accurate.
I’d imagine we’ll be fully loaded barring injury to MC. Stop their pack gaining dominance, & I’d fancy us. Targeting of kilcoyne & stander in particular to stop them on the gainline, and their one out runners.

JMcG RH MM
IH AOC
Rea JM Reidy
JC BB
SMcC LM
JS WA RB

EOS McB TOT KT NT shan BJ Faddes

This is a big statement game for both teams.

Cooney Murray can’t wait for that one...for me there is a decent amount of praise in the southern media for Cooney, however once Murray’s place in the Ireland team is mentioned the on the ball pundits Particularly quinlan ogara Wood suddenly get very protective of CM. I’d say CMs credit in the bank is fast running out - fridays game is a big statement for both 9s. If Farrells a man of his word re honesty with players they’ll be a few lads having awkward conversations - it’ll be interesting re his opinion on POM & CM, but that’s another conversation.
The Rustler
Novice

Re: Munster Game

Post by The Rustler »

Will be interesting to see the teams for this one. I think Stander, Farrell and Kleyn played in the Connacht game, so in theory would be sitting this out. Still leaves Murray, Conway, Earl's, O'Mahony, Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell and Carbery from the Munster Japan contingent...and prob a few others I have missed.

On the Marcel front. I am surprised that there hasn't been a citing for that....seemed pretty clear-cut based on recent decisions (ie Addison)
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The Rustler wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:46 am Will be interesting to see the teams for this one. I think Stander, Farrell and Kleyn played in the Connacht game, so in theory would be sitting this out. Still leaves Murray, Conway, Earl's, O'Mahony, Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell and Carbery from the Munster Japan contingent...and prob a few others I have missed.

On the Marcel front. I am surprised that there hasn't been a citing for that....seemed pretty clear-cut based on recent decisions (ie Addison)

Kilcoyne started in both inter pros so far and Carbery was on the bench v Leinster, played around 24 minutes. Carbery will probably be involved on Friday but Kilcoyne may not.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Is there any definitive news on marcel? If he passes the rtp protocol then i would expect him in the line up on Friday. Hes had 20 mins play in 3 weeks so the body will be fine providing the noggin is.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Not that I have heard.

I think he was touching his face when he was going off and Pip spotted him going to hospital at half time.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Seen a photo of him in twitter in hospital standing with a thumb up and his dad quoted as saying he was fine.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:45 pm Seen a photo of him in twitter in hospital standing with a thumb up and his dad quoted as saying he was fine.
Get him out there. Sure he can wear a wee phantom of th'opera mask and he'll look even more intimidating.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

https://twitter.com/JBradleyBT/status/1 ... 57344?s=20

Coetzee going through RTPP and misses the game on Friday alone with Ludik.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dan Jones (WRU) in the middle on Friday night. 7:35pm kick off.
Last edited by Neill_M on Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Game on Premier Sports 1, Eir Sport 1 and delayed coverage on TG4 at 9:30pm.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Munster: Shane Daly; Andrew Conway, Sammy Arnold, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Jeremy Loughman, Niall Scannell, Keynan Knox; Fineen Wycherley, Darren O’Shea; Peter O’Mahony (C), Jack O’Donoghue, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Dave Kilcoyne, John Ryan, Gavin Coombes, Jack O’Sullivan, Neil Cronin, Dan Goggin, Chris Cloete.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster team to play Munster, Guinness PRO14 Round 10, Friday 3 January at Kingspan Stadium, kick-off 7.35pm:

(15-9) Will Addison, Robert Baloucoune, Luke Marshall, Stuart McCloskey, Jacob Stockdale, Billy Burns, John Cooney.

(1-8) Jack McGrath, Rob Herring, Marty Moore, Alan O'Connor, Iain Henderson (Capt.), Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: John Andrew, Kyle McCall, Tom O'Toole, David O'Connor, Greg Jones, David Shanahan, Bill Johnston, Craig Gilroy.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Jordi Murphy? :scratch:
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Is EOS injured?

That is the first choice backline for me.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

The big question everyone is asking is there a problem with Jordi. We do need him and in particular in the European games coming up.