Munster Game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster Game

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Picture was taken on Dec 26th, not sure it provides the smoking gun so to speak.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Paddy Power (Other bookies are available) have Ulster 3 points favourites for this one which is basically the home advantage. They are seeing the 2 23s as hard to split/sitting on the fence.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:03 pm
Picture was taken on Dec 26th, not sure it provides the smoking gun so to speak.
Couldn't see any contract offers from England or France lying around.

He seems to spend a lot of down time with Robbie Henshaw though.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Neill_M wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:26 pm Paddy Power (Other bookies are available) have Ulster 3 points favourites for this one which is basically the home advantage. They are seeing the 2 23s as hard to split/sitting on the fence.
There isn't an awful lot in it on paper. Munster will be relying on set piece ball and especially on the lineout. Munster have a serious issue at 13 so most likely will be looking for Joey to kick for the wings to run after ball all day. Shame because if we had a proper 13 we have a backline which could do something more than haring about up and down the field. If Ulster can get decent ball they can hurt us with that backline.

So ultimately this is a game Ulster should win and it will be difficult to explain it away if they don't.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Shan wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 pm
Neill_M wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:26 pm Paddy Power (Other bookies are available) have Ulster 3 points favourites for this one which is basically the home advantage. They are seeing the 2 23s as hard to split/sitting on the fence.
There isn't an awful lot in it on paper. Munster will be relying on set piece ball and especially on the lineout. Munster have a serious issue at 13 so most likely will be looking for Joey to kick for the wings to run after ball all day. Shame because if we had a proper 13 we have a backline which could do something more than haring about up and down the field. If Ulster can get decent ball they can hurt us with that backline.

So ultimately this is a game Ulster should win and it will be difficult to explain it away if they don't.
I think we have you in the tight five, I don't think there are any Munster lads I would take in exchange for our own, the back rows look balanced and we should have you in the backs.

Am I doing your tight five a disservice?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:48 pm
I think we have you in the tight five, I don't think there are any Munster lads I would take in exchange for our own, the back rows look balanced and we should have you in the backs.

No I don't don't think yer too far off the mark. If POM is at his best I'd say we have daylight in the backrow but otherwise I'd more or less agree with you.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:48 pm
Shan wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:37 pm

Scannell's a slightly better player than Herring but in worse form, Wycherley is a very handy player but undersized perhaps, would consider him over AOC but then AOC's been great of late. Knox despite the poachiness seems to be a rather good young player and strong scrummager for his age. They've a much much better bench.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

No EOS & Jordi. Maybe Dan McF is holding back on the pair an extra week, & looking to give Clermont a run for their money in Clermont to try to snatch that home qtr? Certainly both players work rate would be needed.
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

For Goodness sake boys we will beat the turnips,give our boys abit of credit...
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well said sir. Would be good to win on what is, Lest We Forget, DAY 4731.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Hope the head hunter Arnold gets a nice reminder that we're dont appreciate thug behaviour at ravenhill. Buzziinnnn for this. If the back row gets parity I think we will win. Be nice to see Jacob reassert the Ireland wing pecking order. Expect a big game from him.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

jean valjean wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:29 pm Hope the head hunter Arnold gets a nice reminder that we're dont appreciate thug behaviour at ravenhill. Buzziinnnn for this. If the back row gets parity I think we will win. Be nice to see Jacob reassert the Ireland wing pecking order. Expect a big game from him.
You're right, Jacob needs a big game or two. With the start that he had at international level, he was always going to have a bit of a relative trough. Now he could do with something to put him back in the eyes of the selectors. Might he make a 15?
ScottishBrian
Novice

Post by ScottishBrian »

I don't see anything but a win for us, anything would be a serious setback as these are the sort of matches we have to win and with that back line must win
ScottishBrian
Novice

Post by ScottishBrian »

sorry, anything else!!!!