ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4214
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by UlsterNo9 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:49 pm

Bill Johnston pulls up in the warm up on Friday night, Billy Burns hobbles off early, both Mike Lowry and Angus Curtis are out injured. COuld we be looking at 9 Shanahan 10 Cooney?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

justinr73
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2395
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by justinr73 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:20 pm

The BT has Cooney’s HIA as being the only injury reported.

Anyone see what happened with Bill?

Could it have been illness?

User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4214
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by UlsterNo9 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:51 pm

Reassuring!

The HIA for Cooney didn't look serious, fingers crossed.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11994
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by big mervyn » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:30 pm

justinr73 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:20 pm
The BT has Cooney’s HIA as being the only injury reported.

Anyone see what happened with Bill?

Could it have been illness?
He pulled up in the pre-match run, right in front of us, and limped off.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4214
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by UlsterNo9 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:47 pm

Lowry was meant to be back fit for inter pro games, but having not had a run out I assume he is still not fully fit.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

Evil Kiwi
Novice
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by Evil Kiwi » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:52 am

Addison can play 10.

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6755
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by rumncoke » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:04 pm

I think Addison had about 15 minutes at 10 on friday and Marshall has played 10 before but not often since school. Addison definitely wasn't at full back by the end of the game he might have gone to 12 first and then 10.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4214
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by UlsterNo9 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:37 pm

O'Sullivan or McGrath to start at loosehead?

Very impressed by McGrath against Connacht, O'Sullivan included in Farrells stock take.

For me McGrath edges it, but what a headache.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

justinr73
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2395
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by justinr73 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:57 pm

rumncoke wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:04 pm
I think Addison had about 15 minutes at 10 on friday and Marshall has played 10 before but not often since school. Addison definitely wasn't at full back by the end of the game he might have gone to 12 first and then 10.
I think we'd given up on positions by that stage - we had four wingers on at the end i think!

justinr73
Red Hand Ambassador
Posts: 2395
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by justinr73 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:00 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:37 pm
O'Sullivan or McGrath to start at loosehead?

Very impressed by McGrath against Connacht, O'Sullivan included in Farrells stock take.

For me McGrath edges it, but what a headache.
It's gotta be McGrath.

Eric wasn't involved at all in the interpros but hopefully he's OK and ready to bench and start in the next two.

User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4214
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by UlsterNo9 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:39 pm

justinr73 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:00 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:37 pm
O'Sullivan or McGrath to start at loosehead?

Very impressed by McGrath against Connacht, O'Sullivan included in Farrells stock take.

For me McGrath edges it, but what a headache.
It's gotta be McGrath.

Eric wasn't involved at all in the interpros but hopefully he's OK and ready to bench and start in the next two.
Rested rather than injured I thought?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

10 or 15 only
Initiate
Posts: 353
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:47 am

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by 10 or 15 only » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:42 pm

I'd go for McGrath. He looks like he is enjoying it here.
A few smiles through the game, coming up to player to congratulate a try, all positive from him.
I thought initially he was here just as a professional player but I think he is playing for the team now.
Good to see but it also applies to many of the light blues coming North.

Bart S
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3437
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by Bart S » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:05 pm

I’d start with big Jack for 50 and then EOS for 30. McGrath probably still a better scrummager and EOS more impact of the bench.

Big Jack was certainly fired up for both of the Munster games :D :red:

I thought it was O’Toole rather than EOS who made the “jacob” Stocktake?

waggonsroll
Initiate
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by waggonsroll » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:40 pm

justinr73 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:57 pm
rumncoke wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:04 pm
I think Addison had about 15 minutes at 10 on friday and Marshall has played 10 before but not often since school. Addison definitely wasn't at full back by the end of the game he might have gone to 12 first and then 10.
Surely you've all forgot Faddes - sure he can play anywhere in the backs. :stir:
I think we'd given up on positions by that stage - we had four wingers on at the end i think!

therealspratt
Warrior Chief
Posts: 1608
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: ASM Clermont Auvergne Vs Ulster Sat 11th Jan @ 1.00pm BT Sport 3

Post by therealspratt » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:14 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:47 pm
Lowry was meant to be back fit for inter pro games, but having not had a run out I assume he is still not fully fit.
He was back in training prior to those games and had a set back, no reports on what the expected date now is for him.

Post Reply