Rory Best Interview

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Rory Best Interview

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:53 pm I know we don't do moving on, but this time... let's do it.
Never ... Never ... NEVER!!!! :red: :fleg:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

I thought it was quite a good interview, but it's fairly depressing that after such a distinguished career, when he's now out of the system so can possible be a bit more candid about some things in hindsight, all anyone wants to talk about is a trial that didn't involve him other than the fact he turned up to the public gallery. There are dozens of things I'd be interested to get his insight on, not least the ups and downs at Ulster since the start of his career, but when you google his name now almost every result is about a rape trial that wasn't really anything to do with him. I'll look forward to reading his book.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I see Rory's response initiated only one tweet on#suemepaddy - the # Ibelieveher is taken up with some much International accusations that a Tweet about the trial would get totally lost and be pointless and having won their vote on abortion the Irish SHECATS have gone quite.

#Istillbelieverher has about 10 negative comments

So there are those bitches who have yet to move on and accept that the Jury decided the Claimant was LYING which is of course the only conclusion that can be drawn from the verdict.

The evidence given by the Taxi driver etc was circumstantial and only supportive --IF and ONLY IF -- what occurred in Paddy's house was non-consensual --- everything that occurred in Paddy's house that night -- supports one conclusion -- what occurred in the bedroom was initiated by and was consented to by the Complainant and her tears and anger were the reaction to the Blane McIlroy's bluntness and her embarrassment.

Mighty the results of the Irish Team while Rory was captain are a team effort -- the aftermath of his attendance at the trial -- was both personal and vicious --and created a toxic --reaction to the trial which exists to this day on social media
of course it is going the a matter which he will be questioned on for ever more

I therefore would suggest that he prepare a set answer -- which avoids creating openings for the SHECATs to comlpain about.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

The most unforgivable thing about Rory's interview is that it hogged the limelight when this week should have been all about commemorating the 13th anniversary of Trevor Brennan Day in Toulouse...
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I am sure Trevor the Terror will do a roaring business
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

MightyRearranger wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:39 am I thought it was quite a good interview, but it's fairly depressing that after such a distinguished career, when he's now out of the system so can possible be a bit more candid about some things in hindsight, all anyone wants to talk about is a trial that didn't involve him other than the fact he turned up to the public gallery.
The interviewer was interested in scandal, not Rory's career. Be it the trial or criticism of Schmidt, he was looking for controversy.
There are dozens of things I'd be interested to get his insight on, not least the ups and downs at Ulster since the start of his career, but when you google his name now almost every result is about a rape trial that wasn't really anything to do with him. I'll look forward to reading his book.
Hopefully someone will do a proper interview with him.
There can be only one
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:52 am
solidarity wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:53 pm I know we don't do moving on, but this time... let's do it.
Never ... Never ... NEVER!!!! :red: :fleg:
I should make it perfectly clear that the moving on to which I refer applies only to Rory's interview, not to the original subject about which he was talking. Students of non-moving-on-ness will surely be aware that not moving on from a subsidiary event will inevitably lead to moving on from the original event from which on-moving was never intended. This secondary moving on is what we might call 'moving on by the back door' and may well be the origin of the well known Ulster compliment to a person of plain spoken integrity: 'Sure, there's no back doors in him'. And to avoid tertiary moving on, this may also be applied til weemin: 'Sure there's no back doors in her' and to persons of fluid gender identity: 'Sure there's no back doors in them'.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

A solid point, well made.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Rory’s got a book coming out!
#JustSaying
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
ScottishBrian
Novice

Post by ScottishBrian »

i have moved on because I want to. We cannot go back in time and change the capitulation of FIRFU to the Feminanzis. Whatever Rory Best does is his business we have to move forward. Dan McFarland and the players have taken us to great heights this season, and last, enjoy and stop bothering about yesterdays men
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Fine, you wanted to move on. Well done, but you can’t tell others to forget the injustices of the past and turn their backs on Sons of Ulster who did nothing more than indulge in unsavoury laddish banter which offended those who’d book long haul flights to be offended.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Injustice should never be forgotten . The lying little tart maybe forgiven -- because in truth she was told very bluntly the consequences of her actions --and seeing yourself as others define you is no nice to wake up to in the morning .

But injustice of the DDP - the injustice of social media--the injustice of Ulsters former CEO -- and the gutlessness of the IRFU should never be forgotten.
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

Well said Rumn'

It won't be forgotten.
ScottishBrian
Novice

Post by ScottishBrian »

I am not disparaging anyone else's view, why would any right thinking Ulster supporter not want Paddy and Stu playing week in week out but we have to face reality?
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

ScottishBrian wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:24 am I am not disparaging anyone else's view, why would any right thinking Ulster supporter not want Paddy and Stu playing week in week out but we have to face reality?
What reality is that Brian?
There can be only one