Benetton v Ulster Sat 29/2 @ 15:00 GMT

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Benetton v Ulster Sat 29/2 @ 15:00 GMT

Post by justinr73 »

They travelled to Rome?

Lucky for them that the game was postponed then.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:10 pm They travelled to Rome?

Queried that myself, apparently going away is a thing, bar rammed wearing your Ireland shirt among opposition supporters.

There's nowt as strange as folk.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Ar$eholes
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:21 pm
justinr73 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:10 pm They travelled to Rome?

Queried that myself, apparently going away is a thing, bar rammed wearing your Ireland shirt among opposition supporters.

There's nowt as strange as folk.
You’re right.

Even as someone whose Easter weekend consists of Accrington Stanley v Fleetwood, Newport v Ulster and Macclesfield v Stevenage, I find that very odd.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cant imagine why anyone would travel to a locked down area where people aren’t even allowed to travel for a game that is cancelled and where most cases elsewhere in UK all seem to be emanating from.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Aye. It's all very well being gung ho about this but you're putting your elderly and infirm relatives at risk. From the European data that is emerging, it seems to me that the death toll is closer to 3% than the 1% figure that govt sources were keen to spin at the start.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Cheltenham going ahead is a joke, wouldn't happen with Foot and Mouth disease
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Jackie Brown wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:44 pm Cheltenham going ahead is a joke, wouldn't happen with Foot and Mouth disease
A horsie man said to me if it was the horses at risk rather than humans it would have been cancelled. Race horse worth much more than human life it would seem.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:32 am Aye. It's all very well being gung ho about this but you're putting your elderly and infirm relatives at risk. From the European data that is emerging, it seems to me that the death toll is closer to 3% than the 1% figure that govt sources were keen to spin at the start.
Not sure I agree with this. I think a lot of the visibly higher percentages in the EU are down to a large number of people with minor symptoms not getting tested. With both the South Korea and Diamond Princess outbreaks testing was done a lot more pro-actively and I think the mortality rates from these will be a lot closer to the reality. The South Korea example also gives a good bit of hope that outbreaks can be managed effectively, all be it at a fairly high cost.

That's not to say that it's not still quite worrying, or that I think travelling to Northern Italy is wise at the moment.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:50 pm I'm hearing several fans still traveled to Venice despite the Ulster game being called off and several fans again traveled to Rome for the weekend despite the Ireland game also being canceled.

I'm not going to get on my high horse and advise whether you should have went or not, but if you have and even if showing no symptoms please phone 111 and take the necessary advice.

It can take 14 days and in some instances 21 days for symptoms to become apparent, therefore please dial 111.

:thumleft:
Someone should have told them the game was in Dublin. ....and 111 isn't available in NI.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jackthelad wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:44 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:50 pm I'm hearing several fans still traveled to Venice despite the Ulster game being called off and several fans again traveled to Rome for the weekend despite the Ireland game also being canceled.

I'm not going to get on my high horse and advise whether you should have went or not, but if you have and even if showing no symptoms please phone 111 and take the necessary advice.

It can take 14 days and in some instances 21 days for symptoms to become apparent, therefore please dial 111.

:thumleft:
Someone should have told them the game was in Dublin. ....and 111 isn't available in NI.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Fake news Jack, read the thread buddy.

P.S. please don't spread misinformation 111 is in operation in NI, if not you would need to advise the Department of Health. It has been in full use with immediate effect since February :thumleft:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

MightyRearranger wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:24 pm
big mervyn wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:32 am Aye. It's all very well being gung ho about this but you're putting your elderly and infirm relatives at risk. From the European data that is emerging, it seems to me that the death toll is closer to 3% than the 1% figure that govt sources were keen to spin at the start.
Not sure I agree with this. I think a lot of the visibly higher percentages in the EU are down to a large number of people with minor symptoms not getting tested. With both the South Korea and Diamond Princess outbreaks testing was done a lot more pro-actively and I think the mortality rates from these will be a lot closer to the reality. The South Korea example also gives a good bit of hope that outbreaks can be managed effectively, all be it at a fairly high cost.

That's not to say that it's not still quite worrying, or that I think travelling to Northern Italy is wise at the moment.
If you listen to the WHO's statements, they are much more pessimistic. Sure, there is underreporting but this is also the case with seasonal flu. I saw an interesting interview this morning that predicted that the mortality rate would rise significantly when the epidemic spikes due to the fact that help will not be available for those acute patients who realy need it. Italy's health service was in much better shape than ours and they are struggling big time.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

If anything good comes from this it'll hopefully break the chain of mums rushing their cubs to A and E every time they cry,

And senior citizens going to their GPs for the company, of course (maybe they'll just come on here instead like Rum does).