The Toulouse match on the 5th of April and the French large gatherings ban

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ScottishBrian
Novice

The Toulouse match on the 5th of April and the French large gatherings ban

Post by ScottishBrian »

The French ban on events over 5000 people is until the 15th of April, they have now banned all events over 1000 but they haven't stipulated a finish date but France24 news channel believed it to be the 15th of April too. Has anyone heard if the match is going ahead?
Toulouse are still advertising and selling tickets for a home match on Saturday the 21st of March as are we against the Dragons.
I am inclined not to go at the moment but I can't find any specific advice or information.

What do you think?
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Re: The Toulouse match on the 5th of April and the French large gatherings ban

Post by MightyRearranger »

It looks like the quarter final will definitely be affected. All of the Ligue 1 clubs are playing their matches behind closed doors (or selling 1000 tickets) and the Top 14 clubs are meeting tomorrow to decide whether to do the same, or just suspend the league until after the restrictions.

At least one of the other quarter finals is going to be affected, so I imagine European Rugby will arrange a meeting some point soon to decide whether to play the fixtures behind closed doors, postpone them or move them. Looks like it certainly won't be going ahead as planned though.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

"All matches in France's top two football leagues will be played behind closed doors until 15 April, it has been announced."
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Do we need to be doing the same here, before it gets to the stage Italy are at?

Or do we just hope for the best and chase the money?

I was speaking with two medical professionals earlier today (GP and a nurse) and both believe we’re heading towards the type of enforced shut down which Italy is currently under, unless the Government get ahead of this and shut down large gatherings and unnecessary travel.

The aresfoonery of the Irish Republic in allowing Italian Rugby fans to travel to Dublin when the game had been postponed, is beyond belief.

Much as we want to see Rugby and other sports events going ahead as normal, isn’t the potential loss of human lives way more important? The world won’t end because the European Cup, or the Six Nations doesn’t get played out to their normal time slots, but the world could end for tens of thousands if governments don’t do everything in their power to slow down the spread of this virus. Loss of money and inconvenience aren’t valid reasons for sitting on their hands and hoping it all goes away.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

It might equally be said that allowing thousands of Madrid fans attend a match in Liverpool tonight is arsefoonery.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dublin4 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:07 pm It might equally be said that allowing thousands of Madrid fans attend a match in Liverpool tonight is arsefoonery.
Yes. There's a big spike in Madrid (over 1000 now). Not too bad on the Costas so far but Spain is definitely further down this road than the UK.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The sweat is not the loss of life ( that his head line stuff ) the big sweat is that the more it spreads the greater the chance it may transmute into something more deadly and the medical profession hasn't found a vaccine to combat it at the moment the virus seems to have the capability and hallmarks of a semi- serious flu which may quickly induce pneumonia in persons with weak immune systems.

The viruses greatest strength is the fact the we humans don't have anti-bodies to combat the virus which easily is transferred between people in social surroundings, because the virus seems to infectious before the victims are aware of the symptoms .

The mode of spread appears to greatest as-- chest- mouth -hand- surface- hand- mouth= chest -

chest --chest ie breathing appears less frequent -- hence wash your hands

The medical profession are of the opinion in has "a surface life" of 48 hours thus an infected door handle could infect any number people touching it within 2 days.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

OK...I know I shouldn’t, but I’ll get this one.

Rum... “The sweat is not the loss of life”!!! feck?

It’s already killed thousands all around the world. It’s already serious. If it transmutes into something more serious then it’ll kill a lot more people than any model has forecast thus far, but in its present form it’ll likely kill hundreds of thousands, or millions of people, so stop talking more shyte than usual please.

Have you any idea how boring your Oracle Act is?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:31 am
Dublin4 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:07 pm It might equally be said that allowing thousands of Madrid fans attend a match in Liverpool tonight is arsefoonery.
Yes. There's a big spike in Madrid (over 1000 now). Not too bad on the Costas so far but Spain is definitely further down this road than the UK.
Get yerself home here while ye can Merv.

Do you have any contact with Baggy in Espana? I think he doesn't enjoy the greatest of health so both youse boys look after yerselves nai.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:00 pm
big mervyn wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:31 am

Get yerself home here while ye can Merv.

Do you have any contact with Baggy in Espana? I think he doesn't enjoy the greatest of health so both youse boys look after yerselves nai.
Cheers Solids :thumleft:
Last I heard Baggy was down in Murcia Province although he was talking about moving to N Costa Blanca. Murcia haven't had too many cases so far. Spain probably isn't the worse place to be. The outdoor life means you can maintain a distance and still enjoy some quality of life and viruses don't thrive in warmer weather - it's a pleasant 24C today. The Spanish NHS is also recognized as being significantly better than the UK's by the coffin dodging expats that regularly abuse it, although the ageing population here will no doubt be a big strain.

My biggest fear about coming home is the air travel. Every time I get sick it's usually after a flight!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

I know it wasn't much in doubt anymore, but the FFR have just announced the suspension of all rugby in France until further notice. The QF will definitely be off too.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Shock horror - :roll: the match has now been officially postponed.
ScottishBrian
Novice

Post by ScottishBrian »

i have just had an email from Ryanair offering a refund. Is there any word on the ticket refund?