Guinness PRO14 season has been suspended in response to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak until....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Guinness PRO14 season has been suspended in response to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak until....

Post by solidarity »

Pretty mean guy, Mervyn is. I wouldn't cross him.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Guinness PRO14 season has been suspended in response to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak until....

Post by big mervyn »

4 Pro14 home games cancelled (they will be). That's nearly 30% of a ST. I assume there will be some kind of refund?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:03 pm 4 Pro14 home games cancelled (they will be). That's nearly 30% of a ST. I assume there will be some kind of refund?
I paid my money, I took my chances. I won't expect or want a refund.

A 30% refund to all season ticket holders is something Ulster cannot afford.

If next season goes ahead it will be a big ask for many to renew given the current financial uncertainty and fear of socially mixing.

I understand other peoples perspectives will differ from mine.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:20 am
big mervyn wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:03 pm 4 Pro14 home games cancelled (they will be). That's nearly 30% of a ST. I assume there will be some kind of refund?

If next season goes ahead it will be a big ask for many to renew given the current financial uncertainty and fear of socially mixing.

And presumably the BT and Premier rugby coverage contracts say no rugby, no money.?

UR financially are not in a good position, and IMO, will not be refunding ST money.
STs fell 1300 last season ( per annual report), and likely to fall again next season?........for a whole raft of reasons, now including coronavirus consequences............and how much are Leinster Bs actually worth anyways?

Pro14 needs a good shake up. There are too many "non matches" with second string away sides being picked. There are probably only 8-10 really competitive matches at Kingspan per season, making STs relatively expensive.

So overall tv and ticket income reducing, expenditure , at best, remaining the same.

Answers on a postcard to .......
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I actually agree with you, and I routinely renew my ST but only use 50-60% of it, but I wonder if they are contractually and/or legally obliged to reimburse their customers? Individual match tickets are refundable so I am assuming a ST is?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Of course they will refund the money.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Bobbievee wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:12 am

And presumably the BT and Premier rugby coverage contracts say no rugby, no money.?

UR financially are not in a good position, and IMO, will not be refunding ST money.
STs fell 1300 last season ( per annual report), and likely to fall again next season?........for a whole raft of reasons, now including coronavirus consequences............and how much are Leinster Bs actually worth anyways?

Pro14 needs a good shake up. There are too many "non matches" with second string away sides being picked. There are probably only 8-10 really competitive matches at Kingspan per season, making STs relatively expensive.

So overall tv and ticket income reducing, expenditure , at best, remaining the same.

Answers on a postcard to .......
Exactly how I feel on the subject of less and less quality with the top plAyers not involved for large sections of season. Also we are becoming more and more like Leinster cast offs..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

damianmcr wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:37 am Of course they will refund the money.
Would you demand them to? I guess is the question.
This is an extraordinary situation which could financially cripple Ulster Rugby.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:37 pm
damianmcr wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:37 am Of course they will refund the money.
This is an extraordinary situation which could financially cripple Ulster Rugby.
We're living in unprecedented times. Everyone except Andrex and Dettol is going to struggle.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It's not quite a war footing yet -- I remember sitting as a child cutting up news paper and then punching a hole in it to thread a sting through . and the paper on a string hung beside the toilet.

if you were really good you could aim it up someones nose -- true art .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I doubt that's the question. Do you think UR will ask everyone if they want a refund? If games are cancelled it will be automatic. I've had a show cancelled this weekend today and already had an email about the refund.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

He can wear whatever boots he likes as long as he kicks the points . Too many narrow-minded people on this site.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Sorry wrong thread.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

damianmcr wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:33 pm
I doubt that's the question. Do you think UR will ask everyone if they want a refund? If games are cancelled it will be automatic. I've had a show cancelled this weekend today and already had an email about the refund.
Ulster rugby aren't asking the question Damian, I'm asking the hypothetical question. Would you demand them to refund you?

A point for debate with no rugby on the go. As a society at present we're demanding refunds from the airlines, from the hotels we will not use etc etc

Personally I don't really give a feck if some show I am not emotionally invested in is refunding or not, but I do care about the financial future of Ulster Rugby.

When I pay for my season ticket, like Merv touched on I also don't go to all of the games, it would most definitely be cheaper for me to buy tickets on a game by game basis. I buy my season ticket as in my head I'm paying my subs / dues to Ulster Rugby for the season in order to support them as a going concern. The same as I do by paying my subs to my local rugby team.

Automatic refunds for this years season ticket are all well and good, it wouldn't sit well in my pocket if Ulster are in a financial position they will struggle to operate next season.
ScottishBrian
Novice

Post by ScottishBrian »

i would refuse a refund, use the the money to mitigate the loss. Would FIRFU not step in anyway if we were in trouble?