Jonathan Bradley

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Jonathan Bradley

Post by nonplussed »

I see our esteemed BelTel rugby journo is try to create some filler content ... his Ulster Stock take for next season was ok bar the glaring omission of outhalves......

Then the Ulster school's catchment piece was a meandering sheugh of unintelligible dribble.... will someone please check in on him, i don't think isolation is doing him any good!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Jonathan Bradley

Post by justinr73 »

I think you’re right!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Fair play to him for the “plough a lonely furlough” pun in the Club World Cup piece, even if he did have to shoehorn it in there in a somewhat contrived and not entirely accurate fashion!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The Cliff Thorburn interview is good.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Cliff Thorburn - now there's a name from the distant past. He looked haggard forty years ago, he must look like death only slightly warmed up now.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

When Cliff played Terry Griffiths it was like watching paint dry.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Cliff earned his stripes as a hustler in Canada, became world champion and now has a gay dating app named after him.

That’s some going.
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

I would be more worried about Ruckie. Looking up social media to dig dirt on Ulster players. He will have his tongue up their hoops again when rugby resumes.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Evil Kiwi wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:07 pm I would be more worried about Ruckie. Looking up social media to dig dirt on Ulster players. He will have his tongue up their hoops again when rugby resumes.
That article on Gilroy was a disgrace...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Ruckie has really let himself down writing bile like that. He might be thinking in his head he is just doing his job, have a bit of integrity!

For those that haven't read the non article

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 53096.html

I enjoy reading Bradleys articles on the whole, he's a good reporter, but if his pals in the office are going to write mud like that I'll be avoiding the Belfast Telegraph sports pages.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:23 am Ruckie has really let himself down writing bile like that. He might be thinking in his head he is just doing his job, have a bit of integrity!

For those that haven't read the non article

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news ... 53096.html

I enjoy reading Bradleys articles on the whole, he's a good reporter, but if his pals in the office are going to write mud like that I'll be avoiding the Belfast Telegraph sports pages.
Frankly ruck is a feck joke... desperate for any sport related story why not something positive about how pro sportsmen/women are managing to keep fit. Between this and the O’Connor’s BT going out of its way to snipe away at UR I hope the players decide to shun you ruckie I know I wouldn’t give u the time of day...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Provided they social distance and are wearing gloves and don't use share /use the same equipment I personally can't see what the storm is about .

hree people go unto a rugby pitch -- one is running down the centre one and two run down the wings are they training with each other arrive separately and leave separately .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I understand that everyone should be following the rules because if people don’t then we end up with packed beaches, parks etc. However if Gilroy and his training partner were maintaining social distancing and not maybe not even going inside his house, then this really isn’t that newsworthy. There has to be a bit of common sense. If he is exercising and maintaining social distancing then is that really much different from doing it in a park, where there will be other people around? There was only 1 other person also.

There are plenty of people in supermarkets and parks who have a greater disregard for this and are putting others more at risk.

If he had invited mates round for a party it would be a different matter, but really don’t see this as newsworthy, even on a very slow newsday.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I love the photo of Marty clambering over the fence with his knapsack.

He looks like he’s been scrumping for apples.

Who just said “toffee” at the back there?
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

The real irony is the Tele describing the Gilroyarticle as a “Premium Article”personally I gave up buying the BTele after they published the scurrilous Advert re the court case. I suspect that I was not alone in doing this.