Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

TopPoster
Initiate
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by TopPoster » Tue May 05, 2020 3:26 pm

If it’s true he attached a photo of some black kids to contextualise the nickname, then yes he’s a fcuking idiot and liability. But I only seen the article and not the post so wouldn’t know whether BT are being accurate or not.

User avatar
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 4204
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by UlsterNo9 » Tue May 05, 2020 4:24 pm

I guess Gilroy is the only man that knows. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Try and see the good in everyone.
Attachments
IMG-20200501-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20200501-WA0008.jpg (77.01 KiB) Viewed 645 times
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11977
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by big mervyn » Tue May 05, 2020 4:39 pm

I really don't believe it was racial in intent, but it was either naïve or stupid in the extreme.

Echoes of Ethiopiagate?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

TopPoster
Initiate
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by TopPoster » Tue May 05, 2020 4:49 pm

Yep. Looks just daft without any intent or thought. Wonder if the BT picked it up not realising it was actually Cooney’s b’day.

Evil Kiwi
Novice
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by Evil Kiwi » Tue May 05, 2020 5:14 pm

Do people actually think that Gilroy waited until John Cooney's birthday to publicly racially abuse children they visited whilst playing in SA?

On the back of last week when he was vilified for training with a non household other person.

On the back of that WhatsApp message nearly derailing his career.

Who thinks that?

At least the heinous BT twunts took the article down obviously realising their erroneous logic.

Not so sure about some of you.

Evil Kiwi
Novice
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by Evil Kiwi » Tue May 05, 2020 5:15 pm

big mervyn wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 3:24 pm
Evil Kiwi wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:04 am
I think Cooney should change his name.
Aye. "John" suggests his parents had a serious lack of imagination.
I guess that's why they call him Coons.

I suppose that's me banned now :roll:

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6745
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by rumncoke » Tue May 05, 2020 5:24 pm

Basically BT didn't give a s--t just had a space to fill .

What the hell is racial about two rugby players being photographed with some Africian children

get photographed with a child and your a F king paedophile I'm actually surprised that some #Twitterlovintarts haven't gone Tw-ttwitchinmad already.@suemeballymac-uckface.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

User avatar
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 22917
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by Snipe Watson » Tue May 05, 2020 8:23 pm

I hadn't seen the full post including the photo.
Gilroy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed that's a known. I suspect he knew exactly what he was doing including the racial undertones and thought it was funny. McFarland should rip him a new one. He just hasn't got the message from what happened to Paddy and Stu and the fact that he was nearly dragged into it.
The Telegraph is sniffing out any piece of impropriety and try to turn it into a scandal. That's their stock-in-trade.
#NotMyCountry

Bart S
Chancellor to the King
Posts: 3436
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by Bart S » Tue May 05, 2020 9:10 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:23 pm
I hadn't seen the full post including the photo.
Gilroy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed that's a known. I suspect he knew exactly what he was doing including the racial undertones and thought it was funny. McFarland should rip him a new one. He just hasn't got the message from what happened to Paddy and Stu and the fact that he was nearly dragged into it.
The Telegraph is sniffing out any piece of impropriety and try to turn it into a scandal. That's their stock-in-trade.

Snipe - i sincerely hope you are wrong about him doing this deliberately. This wasn’t even a private whatsapp chat - he put this on public display. After the whatsapp saga and then being highlighted for breaking the social distancing guidelines a week ago (much though i think that was the least newsworthy story of the year) surely even he would have known this could land him in trouble.

It is possible someone of his generation didn’t know the significance of the term and that he posted that picture because it was one of him and Cooney together - maybe i am just looking for a plausible explanation here because on the one hand i agree that the picture and words don’t paint a good picture at all but on the other i find it hard to believe he could be such an idiot as to do this deliberately.

User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Posts: 11977
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by big mervyn » Tue May 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Bart S wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:10 pm
Snipe Watson wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:23 pm
I hadn't seen the full post including the photo.
Gilroy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed that's a known. I suspect he knew exactly what he was doing including the racial undertones and thought it was funny. McFarland should rip him a new one. He just hasn't got the message from what happened to Paddy and Stu and the fact that he was nearly dragged into it.
The Telegraph is sniffing out any piece of impropriety and try to turn it into a scandal. That's their stock-in-trade.

Snipe - i sincerely hope you are wrong about him doing this deliberately. This wasn’t even a private whatsapp chat - he put this on public display. After the whatsapp saga and then being highlighted for breaking the social distancing guidelines a week ago (much though i think that was the least newsworthy story of the year) surely even he would have known this could land him in trouble.

It is possible someone of his generation didn’t know the significance of the term and that he posted that picture because it was one of him and Cooney together - maybe i am just looking for a plausible explanation here because on the one hand i agree that the picture and words don’t paint a good picture at all but on the other i find it hard to believe he could be such an idiot as to do this deliberately.
It is all a bit Alf Garnett/ Love thy Neighbour right enough - all stock in trade for all us culturally racist/homophobic/sectarian kids of the 60s/70s but maybe not for this generation. Hell of a coincidence mind >ECNF
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall

Bobbievee
Novice
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 pm

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by Bobbievee » Tue May 05, 2020 10:32 pm

Joe Schmo wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 12:57 pm
Bobbievee wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 3:12 pm
Would the moderators on this site have allowed Gilroys post to stand?
I don't think so.
If it is open to misinterpretation then it will be misinterpreted.
People have been barred from this site for less.
Banning players from having social media accounts is probably impossible ( although passing an intelligence test first might be a help), but players need to remember that it is the whole world that can read their posts, not just their mates.
Bit like here really.
I wish someone would ban you.
And why would that be sir?

Evil Kiwi
Novice
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by Evil Kiwi » Wed May 06, 2020 5:33 pm

Snipe Watson wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:23 pm
I hadn't seen the full post including the photo.
Gilroy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed that's a known. I suspect he knew exactly what he was doing including the racial undertones and thought it was funny. McFarland should rip him a new one. He just hasn't got the message from what happened to Paddy and Stu and the fact that he was nearly dragged into it.
The Telegraph is sniffing out any piece of impropriety and try to turn it into a scandal. That's their stock-in-trade.
You're talking absolute bollix. I don't think you have learned from the Paddy and Stu fiasco, by sharing unproven and unfounded ideas or suspicions that are personally damaging.

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6745
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by rumncoke » Wed May 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Only a moron would think he is saying a happy birthday to a group of African Children

Thus “coons “ never in a week of Sundays was a reference to The children and to only a racistphobic could think in that way
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

mea97mb
Squire
Posts: 643
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:37 am

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by mea97mb » Fri May 08, 2020 12:58 am

rumncoke wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:32 pm
Only a moron would think he is saying a happy birthday to a group of African Children

Thus “coons “ never in a week of Sundays was a reference to The children and to only a racistphobic could think in that way
It takes one to know one :roll:

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor
Posts: 6745
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Ulster rugby tight-lipped....

Post by rumncoke » Fri May 08, 2020 3:58 am

I'm not racist but I'm not fool enough to wear a Rolex in the streets of Harlem at night.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist

Post Reply