CEO and Coach briefing 11 may

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

CEO and Coach briefing 11 may

Post by Bobbievee »

Anyone log into the virtual briefing session for ST holders on Monday night past?
I was registered to participate but couldn't.
Any feedback from anyone?
cardoc
Novice

Re: CEO and Coach briefing 11 may

Post by cardoc »

Is it possible to get a recording of the interview, has anyone got a copy that they would post here or can it be downloaded from somewhere?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I checked with UR today. They are working on a video version that "will be on the UR site shortly"
I am confident that any awkward questions or silences will not be edited out!!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I had asked whether it was reasonable to expect premium ST holders to pay £500 to watch Ulster B team for 8-10 weeks per year whilst our best players were on" international duty" ( an interesting phrase when you think of it), but not actually in the matchday 23, but also not available to UR.........and the fans who pay their wages. Sitting around in training camps in Dublin.
Interesting to see if that question survives the IRFU PR machine.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Well it shouldn't. It's a ridiculous question. Firstly you'd know this was the case before even buying your ticket.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

But depending on the answer , might not buy one next year
And they should know that
And I am not the only one
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:21 pm But depending on the answer , might not buy one next year
And they should know that
And I am not the only one
Why would you suddenly change your mind around this? Why did you get one last year?

Ulster have always lost a few players to Ireland.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I am delighted when Ulster players play for Ireland. My point is that those who are called to the Ireland camp who are never realistically going to be in the match day 23 , make up training sessions, sit around in Dublin, and are not released back to Ulster in time .......with the knock on UR not releasing players back to clubs.
And yes I did get one last year and watched too many mediocre matches between Ulster B and weak travelling teams. Release from international duties or a radically changed Pro14 format is required.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Bobby

You buy a season ticket to watch a team, not players. The best game to watch last year was Leinster v Ulster when most of the players on Ireland call up were missing from both sides.

Frequently when teams are playing their strongest sides the game becomes boring because both sides stop each other from being creative and it is like watching two bulls charging at each other waiting for the other to wilt.

The best way to think of such games is to consider the players missing to be injured or recovering from injury or resting their bruises . The games provide an opportunity to assess the strength in depth and options which might have to exercised in more important games when the team will be facing a full strength opposition.

It also provides a window for Academy players who may find their opportunities at Ulster are being blocked who by their exposure in those games are given the opportunity to play elsewhere.

The quality of a game as spectacle depends not so much on individual players as to the attitude of the team and the coach, are you playing to win or are you playing not to lose there is a time and place each and both attitudes are valid but neither is chosen due to team selection but more by location and opposition.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Bobbievee wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:43 pm I am delighted when Ulster players play for Ireland. My point is that those who are called to the Ireland camp who are never realistically going to be in the match day 23 , make up training sessions, sit around in Dublin, and are not released back to Ulster in time .......with the knock on UR not releasing players back to clubs.
And yes I did get one last year and watched too many mediocre matches between Ulster B and weak travelling teams. Release from international duties or a radically changed Pro14 format is required.
Is this your first year watching Ulster or rugby in general during a international window?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

So as the 19/20 season is over, when are season ticket holders getting a refund ,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Two points firstly the Ulster players are not released back to the clubs in the current circumstances they are on loan from their employers Ulster Rugby. Time has moved on from the amateur days when clubs were supplying amateur players to Ulster.
I can remember at least one prominent Heiniken Cup winner who played for Ulster on a Friday night and played for his home club for a half on the Saturday.
Secondly the CEO made it quite clear during the Forum that as the Pro14 had only been suspended ,not cancelled as yet they were not in a position to deal with the Season Tickets.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Can't see it meself, but there is talk about finishing it in Aug/Sep - 2 conference games against Irish opposition and then the ko stages.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:11 pm Can't see it meself, but there is talk about finishing it in Aug/Sep - 2 conference games against Irish opposition and then the ko stages.
Would agree with you Merv and if those games do go ahead they'll almost certainly be played behind closed doors, no fans.

As for refunds mentioned above I'll not be pursuing mine, hopefully my small contribution will help Ulster Rugby get going again. I've been lucky to not suffer financially from this whole Covid-19 debacle appreciate others are not in the same boat.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18