Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:20 pm
Bobbievee wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:16 pm Or, how about just refusing admittance to anyone over 65, on the basis that everyone else is relatively safe? :stir: :stir:

On the other hand, based on the folks sitting around me, which looks like God's waiting room, UR couldn't afford to loseb that many STs.
Yes. Significant risk factors include being old, male and overweight.
Cannot have scrums without props
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:16 am
big mervyn wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:20 pm
Bobbievee wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:16 pm Or, how about just refusing admittance to anyone over 65, on the basis that everyone else is relatively safe? :stir: :stir:

On the other hand, based on the folks sitting around me, which looks like God's waiting room, UR couldn't afford to loseb that many STs.
Yes. Significant risk factors include being old, male and overweight.
Cannot have scrums without props
:D >appl
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Email through today offering 20% credit to season ticket account or option to donate to UR. Im happy to donate but understand not everyone's circumstances are the same.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

I will also be donating as will all my friends.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

My son and I are also donating, however we won't be renewing. the reason for this is that we have decided that our local club needs our support more than the pro game for the next few seasons at least.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

It's not a fortune on the terraces. I suppose if you've got a family in the Grandstand it might be? Still, themuns can probably afford it! >EW

I'll be interested to see the "membership package" proposals for next season.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

England v West Indies test match at Edgbaston (12-16 June). Options are (a) money back or (b) retained for use on tickets for next year's fixtures at Edgbaston with priority booking. (All tickets sold via Ticketmaster).
Ulster Orchestra - 3 cancelled concerts March - May 2020 - options are (a) money back or (b) donation. Priority booking for 2020-21 season. (Ulster Hall/Waterfront Hall booking site).
Ulster Rugby - 4 cancelled matches March - May 2020 - options are (a) donation or (b) credit of 20% on next year's season ticket... (UR uses Ticketmaster.)

England v West Indies tests are taking place on (i) alternative dates and (ii) behind closed doors in Southampton and Manchester.

The Ulster Orchestra have a bigger squad, a lower budget, smaller/no reserves and smaller audiences than UR/IRFU but clearly a much more developed sense of fairness and acceptability...... and possibly a deeper awareness of consumer law and practice in other spectator events ?
Last edited by WestDr on Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I dont understand why there's not a refund. Leinster have one. A gig I'd tickets for this summer has been moved and I got a refund of Ticketmaster.
Flattop
Novice

Post by Flattop »

WestDr wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:58 pm
Ulster Rugby - 4 cancelled matches March - May 2020 - options are (a) donation or (b) credit of 20% on next year's season ticket... (UR uses Ticketmaster.)

It's actually a little more complicated than that, the credit isn't to be used for next years season ticket as there wont be one. You are being asked to either use it against a membership pack or alternatively keep it until 2021/22 season.
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Flattop wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:04 pm
WestDr wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:58 pm

It's actually a little more complicated than that, the credit isn't to be used for next years season ticket as there wont be one. You are being asked to either use it against a membership pack or alternatively keep it until 2021/22 season.
Agreed, that is what the email says. However not really material to my point - which is also made by DamianCr. And to see that Leinster are offering money back.... Do UR expect those who bought single match tickets to accept any offer like this ?
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

The very latest from UR..... from their FAQs....

Q: I have a ticket for a 2019/20 postponed Guinness PRO14 match at Kingspan Stadium, what should I do?

A: With the increasing likelihood that the 2019/20 Guinness PRO14 season will be concluded behind closed doors, all affected match ticket holders have been contacted directly with details on how they can claim a full refund. Please check your email inbox for further information.

Why not season ticket holders too ?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

damianmcr wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:02 pm I dont understand why there's not a refund. Leinster have one. A gig I'd tickets for this summer has been moved and I got a refund of Ticketmaster.
Leinster like Ulster were offering refunds on single match tickets and offering the credit facility for STs with it able to be used for future match tickets.

They have launched their 20/21 membership today - €120. STHs get 1st go at buying them, then depending on the demand level non STHs can buy one. Their membership gets priority access to match tickets in 2020/21.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Just seen that membership. You'd be an absolute mug to pay for that.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

damianmcr wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:06 pm Just seen that membership. You'd be an absolute mug to pay for that.
Yup. No doubt there'll be something similar at Ravenhill but I'm not going down that road. That sort of nonsense would actually dissuade me from donating my current ST credit.

May have to write off next season too.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

The Leinster thing is disgusting tbh.

Imagine asking supporters to fork out money when the plan right now is for the players on mega-salaries to have their full salary reinstated, and backdated and all, once the money is back rolling in.

Just refund people their damn money and cut player and coach salaries to meet ongoing cost reduction requirements. If it means pro players have to earn like normal people for a year then so be it, they can suck it up.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND