Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: Tickets and seat allocations 20/21

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Won’t happen
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

By the way , what if , they decide ( as discussed ) a one off home and away 6 nations ( to generate income as no autumn Internationals) your paying to watch academy teams, sorry but guys UR don’t care about the fans their fleecing ye. For the ones giving the 20% , well done you, but your not giving it to the club, it’s a business that will not give a fiddlers fûck if you go or not. Take your money and give it to a local club.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I think it would have been more sensible and certainly more transparent to have announced the ST "refund" options and the proposed 20/21 membership package in the one announcement.
Not to do so makes me feel I am being manipulated. I am on the side of donation, but will not be drunk about. At least we have until 30 June to decide.
20 per cent of my ST is 100 quid, and I am afraid it is 100 quid as much to me as the next man. I am not going to donate it and then pay another 100 into the same pot for a "membership package" if presumably all it gets is first shout at available tickets. Getting more like Disney orlando every day........how do we get the maximum amount of cash out of these supporters.
So I am undecided.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

"Drunk about" was supposed to be "drunk about"
Spellchecker getting too polite for itself!
Apologies
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

:banghead: Still won't let me say "drunk about"!!!!!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Work it out for yourselves

Messed about?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Go to bed Bobbie >burp
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

The UR Terms & Conditions as published on the UR website at https://www.ulsterrugby.com/tickets/tic ... onditions/ state the following: “In the event that a home match is postponed, your ticket will be valid for the rescheduled date or a refund can be requested in writing within 72 hours of the fixture being postponed.” There is no distinction presented therein between tickets purchased as part of a larger package for a series of events (i.e. season tickets) and those purchased for a specific event (i.e. one match within that series).

It's also reasonably evident that the failure of UR to provide these matches would class this as a frustrated contract: in which case once a contract becomes impossible to perform, due to the fault of neither party, it is treated as frustrated, meaning neither party is bound and any advance payments, including deposits, have to be refunded.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

WestDr wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:15 pm The UR Terms & Conditions as published on the UR website at https://www.ulsterrugby.com/tickets/tic ... onditions/ state the following: “In the event that a home match is postponed, your ticket will be valid for the rescheduled date or a refund can be requested in writing within 72 hours of the fixture being postponed.” There is no distinction presented therein between tickets purchased as part of a larger package for a series of events (i.e. season tickets) and those purchased for a specific event (i.e. one match within that series).

It's also reasonably evident that the failure of UR to provide these matches would class this as a frustrated contract: in which case once a contract becomes impossible to perform, due to the fault of neither party, it is treated as frustrated, meaning neither party is bound and any advance payments, including deposits, have to be refunded.
What's your issue? Have you asked and been refused a refund of your season ticket?
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Thanks for the polite inquiry. To answer your two questions:

1. The issue is that there are refunds for match ticket and hospitality package purchasers for the 4 matches, but not for other classes of tickets (i.e. season ticket holders - who have paid in advance and thus received a discount) for the same 4 matches. This difference in treatment doesn't seem to be supported by either UR's published Terms & Conditions for Tickets or Stadium Regulations. UR's approach is different to that of other NI-based organisations and UK-based sporting oganisations dealing with identical situations. It may also be non-compliant with NI consumer law and/or UK law (e.g. frustrated contracts).

Note: the CMA has laid out very clearly what its interpretation is of consumer protection law in these circumstances here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nd-refunds

2. I have written to Jonny Petrie (cc CFO, CCommerical Officer and HoMarketing) outlining these concerns and questions. The letter asks (a) for a refund as per the T's&C's and (b) should UR grant one to me, then that this option to be offered to all season ticket holders within 7 days. To his credit, Jonny Petrie replied almost immediately with a promise of a longer reply once the letter has been digested.

FYI we have been season ticket holders for 12+ years, building up from 2 at the outset to 6 for the past 5/6 seasons. I fully appreciate that a refund of the 4 match tickets may well cost UR up to £850k (assuming 12,000 @avge £350 * 20%). Clearly each person's situation will be different and there may well be many who decide to donate some/all of their refund; however UR need to demonstrate why this approach is necessary and show that it is legally compliant, and importantly all season ticket holders should be given their full legal entitlement of a refund, a credit or a donation. Not just the last two.

Hopefully this answers your questions ?
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Good lad WestDr.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

WestDr wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:55 am Thanks for the polite inquiry. To answer your two questions:

1. The issue is that there are refunds for match ticket and hospitality package purchasers for the 4 matches, but not for other classes of tickets (i.e. season ticket holders - who have paid in advance and thus received a discount) for the same 4 matches. This difference in treatment doesn't seem to be supported by either UR's published Terms & Conditions for Tickets or Stadium Regulations. UR's approach is different to that of other NI-based organisations and UK-based sporting oganisations dealing with identical situations. It may also be non-compliant with NI consumer law and/or UK law (e.g. frustrated contracts).

Note: the CMA has laid out very clearly what its interpretation is of consumer protection law in these circumstances here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nd-refunds

2. I have written to Jonny Petrie (cc CFO, CCommerical Officer and HoMarketing) outlining these concerns and questions. The letter asks (a) for a refund as per the T's&C's and (b) should UR grant one to me, then that this option to be offered to all season ticket holders within 7 days. To his credit, Jonny Petrie replied almost immediately with a promise of a longer reply once the letter has been digested.

FYI we have been season ticket holders for 12+ years, building up from 2 at the outset to 6 for the past 5/6 seasons. I fully appreciate that a refund of the 4 match tickets may well cost UR up to £850k (assuming 12,000 @avge £350 * 20%). Clearly each person's situation will be different and there may well be many who decide to donate some/all of their refund; however UR need to demonstrate why this approach is necessary and show that it is legally compliant, and importantly all season ticket holders should be given their full legal entitlement of a refund, a credit or a donation. Not just the last two.

Hopefully this answers your questions ?
No issue, you haven't been refused a refund.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

I have read nothing on the car park ticket situation. I have had a parking ticket since they were brought out. What happens to the parking ticket situation now? Does anyone know?
Flattop
Novice

Post by Flattop »

Cracker wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:34 am I have read nothing on the car park ticket situation. I have had a parking ticket since they were brought out. What happens to the parking ticket situation now? Does anyone know?
Option 2: Claim a credit

With one Category A and three Category B games left on 2019/20 Season Tickets, we are offering you the opportunity to claim an account credit of 20% of the value of your Season Ticket(s). This also applies to those holding Bar Passes and Car Park Passes.

This credit will be added to your Ulster Rugby Account Manager, and can be used towards 2020/21 Membership Packages, the renewal of your Season Ticket in 2021/22, or individual match tickets when they are available.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Thanks Flattop but my main concern is if there will be Aquinas Parking Season tickets available for next season ( if it happens).