Toulouse v Ulster Heineken QF

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

MightyRearranger
Warrior

Re: Toulouse v Ulster Heineken QF

Post by MightyRearranger »

Faddes ahead of Madigan is a bit of a surprise. You don't play 50 odd games for the Highlanders if you're a bad player, but to my eye he hasn't shown much since he got here. Madigan would have offered something off the bench if were chasing the game.

Coetzee is a huge loss.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

The guys on the Toulouse forum seem to be a bit shocked that Medard isn't in their side. They'll have to make do with Huget and Kolbe, such a hard life.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Where is the go forward ball going to come from, McCloskey and that would be about it. Hopefully Hendo will be a bit fitter after another week, O'Toole possibly is our first choice TH now, I guess we are going to have to play quite an open game. Not being favourites we can take the gamble of a 6-2 bench, hoping for no injuries in the backline.

Toulouse has some players in that team, Huget, Kolbe, Ntamack, Dupont, Faumuina, Kaino, Tekori, not that hopeful!
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Any truth in the news from Coetzee's family that he isn't injured. Just being rested!
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

MightyRearranger wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:32 pm Faddes ahead of Madigan is a bit of a surprise. You don't play 50 odd games for the Highlanders if you're a bad player, but to my eye he hasn't shown much since he got here. Madigan would have offered something off the bench if were chasing the game.

Coetzee is a huge loss.
Faddes is the top try scorer in the Pro 14 for Ulster, having also gained the most metres. This despite not being fully fit, not having a great run of games, seemingly taking his time to settle and not catching many people’s eye.

The game is likely to open up on Sunday so hopefully it’s the start of great things to come from the fella.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Gary wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:11 pm Any truth in the news from Coetzee's family that he isn't injured. Just being rested!
Probably.

We’ll need him firing on all cylinders for the semi.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Lurgan Lad wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:08 pm Where is the go forward ball going to come from, McCloskey and that would be about it. Hopefully Hendo will be a bit fitter after another week, O'Toole possibly is our first choice TH now, I guess we are going to have to play quite an open game. Not being favourites we can take the gamble of a 6-2 bench, hoping for no injuries in the backline.

Toulouse has some players in that team, Huget, Kolbe, Ntamack, Dupont, Faumuina, Kaino, Tekori, not that hopeful!
They had a few when we won over there five years ago too, albeit some were a bit past their best.

I’ve always liked Huget. Great hair. His wife is called F a n n y, believe it or not.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Gary wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:11 pm Any truth in the news from Coetzee's family that he isn't injured. Just being rested!
I would think so.
We're gettin' what Baggy would call the rounds of the kitchen this Sunday.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Ugo monye reckons we will win. Our only hope is if the slow progression we have made in each game turns into a torrent, and the famed French lack of fitness early in the season is evident. Feck it, cooney will kick us to glory.
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Wish I shared Ugo's optimism but I can't look past that Toulouse side. Will be a very long afternoon if we're beaten up front.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I wonder how many Ulster games Ugo has seen this season?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Couldn’t have a build up to this game without a new article about this :-

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/iri ... 7574717622
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:30 am Couldn’t have a build up to this game without a new article about this :-

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/iri ... 7574717622
We'd almost forgotten about that. I wonder if anybody knows how many days it's been? ... 😅😅😅
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
MightyRearranger
Warrior

The act itself is one thing, people can do idiotic things in a moment of madness. The lies and attempt to smear the person he assaulted after the fact is a bit harder to get past though. Haven't read the article, but imagine it leaves that bit out.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Can someone inform BT that Cooney started the semi.