Semi Final Edinburgh v Ulster Sat Sep 5 7:35pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: Semi Final Edinburgh v Ulster Sat Sep 5 7:35pm

Post by Bobbievee »

I thought we had blown it when they scored so quickly after the Lyttle try. And a gift from us. An overthrown lineout (!!!) followed up with a non tackle for Lowry as Mcanally ran through him. His physique is always going to be a problem at FB......And teams know it.
Necessity is the mother of invention, and the bench changes and more creativity paid dividends.
Plus, as mentioned earlier, Embra were punched out and Ulsters fitness level is to be applauded.
Although pretty obvious, courageous decision for the deliberate knock on penalty in the 80th minute. Video ref Neil Patterson?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Only the 3rd s/f away win in 11 seasons of playoffs.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:44 am Only the 3rd s/f away win in 11 seasons of playoffs.
Eir Sport said the 2nd, Scarlets at the RDS the 1st.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Bobbievee wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:41 am I thought we had blown it when they scored so quickly after the Lyttle try. And a gift from us. An overthrown lineout (!!!) followed up with a non tackle for Lowry as Mcanally ran through him. His physique is always going to be a problem at FB......And teams know it.
Necessity is the mother of invention, and the bench changes and more creativity paid dividends.
Plus, as mentioned earlier, Embra were punched out and Ulsters fitness level is to be applauded.
Although pretty obvious, courageous decision for the deliberate knock on penalty in the 80th minute. Video ref Neil Patterson?
The Ulster man in Scotland Patterson was the TMO. About time, he has given many dodgy decisions against Ulster over the years. It was obvious enough after one or two looks.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:55 am
big mervyn wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:44 am Only the 3rd s/f away win in 11 seasons of playoffs.
2nd team to do it but the 3rd win. Scarlets repeated the feat away to Glasgow the following season.

4th all-Ireland final and Leinster's 9th appearance.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:14 am
2nd team to do it but the 3rd win. Scarlets repeated the feat away to Glasgow the following season.

Very good, I was pleasantly shocked 😂 to be honest tonight. May it continue next week
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I think it was the timing of the knock on which was the deciding factor in that the advantage of the knock was dis- proportionately in Edinburgh's favour.

A terrible result, for a reaction which haunts the memory after the game -- the only consolation being the kicker has to overcome his nerves to actually win the game.

Thankfully Madigan kicked it and the players avoided overtime, and the possible injuries which could occur when tired bodies are asked to do too much.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Agreed Rum. I don't think overtime is appropriate in a sport where most of the players will have emptied the tank after 80 mins, especially when they are expected to play again within a week. Should go straight to kicks on the rare occassions when these games are tied.
Big Neville Southall
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Not unusual for me to have a gurn about referees particularly Irish referees but thought Murphy was good last night,consistent and balanced. If I'm correct the penalty at the finish was the first kick at goal apart from conversions all night,just be a record.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Same scoreline as the 2012 s/f. Hope that's not an omen.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

skiboo wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:19 am Not unusual for me to have a gurn about referees particularly Irish referees but thought Murphy was good last night,consistent and balanced. If I'm correct the penalty at the finish was the first kick at goal apart from conversions all night,just be a record.
mmm, I thought he possibly gave Ulster the rub of the green at a few scrums. Would be interesting to hear edinburgh fans reaction.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

againstthehead wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:13 am
skiboo wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:19 am Not unusual for me to have a gurn about referees particularly Irish referees but thought Murphy was good last night,consistent and balanced. If I'm correct the penalty at the finish was the first kick at goal apart from conversions all night,just be a record.
mmm, I thought he possibly gave Ulster the rub of the green at a few scrums. Would be interesting to hear edinburgh fans reaction.
If folks on here are generally happy then I think it's safe to presume he must have! 😅
Big Neville Southall
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

againstthehead wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:13 am
http://www.edinburghgunners.org.uk/foru ... 1&start=60

Have a read from this page.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:04 am
big mervyn wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:14 am

Very good, I was pleasantly shocked 😂 to be honest tonight. May it continue next week
No away wins in the first 7 seasons and 3 in the last 4. The Conference system probably makes it more likely because there is no guarantee that 1st in Conf A is necessarily stronger than 2nd in Conf B.
Big Neville Southall
Evil Kiwi
Novice

Post by Evil Kiwi »

Alister Scott wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:52 pm
Evil Kiwi wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:51 pm Dan is fcuking ruthless.
Who is Ruth and why is he doing it less?
That's how ruthless he is. Ruth is getting nothing.