Pro 14 Final vs Leinster, Sept 12th.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Pro 14 Final vs Leinster, Sept 12th.

Post by Bart S »

fermain wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:23 pm Well done Leinster, good result and unbeaten season >appl
Congratulations Leinster indeed.

Ulster now has decent depth at 10 but still doesn't have strength there. Burns has done well in fairness but like Madigan, is not top level.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:31 pm Just too good. Hard to see how their line speed is so good that it can't be offside at times. Takes huge standards in training to make sure everyone is on the same page to avoid penalties. U can't give them 10 points at the start of the second half like that and expect to win.
Think the assistants and Brace had something to do with it at times :argue:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

We were beaten by a side that was simply better in every department. Man for man and in every subunit. In every aspect of the game we were second best. 22 point gap was probably about right?

I don't agree that Brace was agin' us. He was a bit whistle-happy but the same for both sides.

Fermain's right, you have to hand it to the Mexicans, they're some side. >appl
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

How about trying Lowry at 10? Burns should be sent back home and Madigan has a boot but he's not a 10, never was.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

While I realize that we were well beaten by a very good Ladyboys team I still can't believe the amount of offside decisions Murphy and Clancy ignored by the boys in blue from almost every ruck
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Ulster need to sort out 13 as well as 10, Hume could be worth investing more time in to see how he builds but the partnership with McCloskey is maybe still missing something going forward even if they approach the defensive chemistry McCloskey and Marshall have developed together. Marshall can be really very effective but I think there's the same issue there of there being something lacking creatively going forwards between those two as well as Marshall just having that error in him. Maybe Stewart's the guy, he certainly seems to have the smarts but he has a big injury to come back from and he'll be fighting from below with the other two more experienced guys. Hume I think could really work with the right partner but I don't know if we have the 12 to match him.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

When it was apparent that Leinster's lineout was malfunctioning why didn't we kick for territory? We're a stupid team with very limited players in key positions.

Leinster were there for the taking before the intercept try. That wasn't a vintage performance from them and if they play like that next week they'll struggle against Saracen's.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Really hard to think of what else we could have did there. Burns was poor but it’s crazy that you can’t afford a dig em error against that Leinster side and you can’t afford to not convert every single opportunity. The gulf is just wild but we must remember that this is progress.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:11 pm When it was apparent that Leinster's lineout was malfunctioning why didn't we kick for territory? We're a stupid team with very limited players in key positions.

Leinster were there for the taking before the intercept try. That wasn't a vintage performance from them and if they play like that next week they'll struggle against Saracen's.
The lack of kick game was baffling. Lineout issues aside we just played smash ball for so many phases while getting driven back to then try the kick to only end up where we were anyway or end up trying to field a better return kick.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

therealspratt wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:00 pm Ulster need to sort out 13 as well as 10, Hume could be worth investing more time in to see how he builds but the partnership with McCloskey is maybe still missing something going forward even if they approach the defensive chemistry McCloskey and Marshall have developed together. Marshall can be really very effective but I think there's the same issue there of there being something lacking creatively going forwards between those two as well as Marshall just having that error in him. Maybe Stewart's the guy, he certainly seems to have the smarts but he has a big injury to come back from and he'll be fighting from below with the other two more experienced guys. Hume I think could really work with the right partner but I don't know if we have the 12 to match him.
Bring Farrell home at 13, cancel Faddes and seek a decent NIQ 6, and grow a set and bring the 2 wabs home.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I think ruddock must be questioning his future now, would he be worth a punt to try and nab? He would amd should probably go for a payday however given how Jordi et al's ireland prospects have gone.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

The gap between Leinster and the rest is wider than it's ever been and we're deluded if we think any different.

They had the fcuking Ireland captain on the bench.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

thecrouch wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:42 pm The gap between Leinster and the rest is wider than it's ever been and we're deluded if we think any different.

They had the fcuking Ireland captain on the bench.
Ireland captain and former world player of the year and World Cup finalist. Just your usual subs.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

jean valjean wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:25 pm I think ruddock must be questioning his future now, would he be worth a punt to try and nab? He would amd should probably go for a payday however given how Jordi et al's ireland prospects have gone.
Yeah because we need more second rate Leinster players. Coming North makes your Ireland chances worse. We have consistently the best 9 and 12 for at least two seasons, neither of them get a fair crack at international level. No player wants to come to Ulster to play for Ireland, it doesn't happen.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Jackie Brown wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:57 pm
jean valjean wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:25 pm I think ruddock must be questioning his future now, would he be worth a punt to try and nab? He would amd should probably go for a payday however given how Jordi et al's ireland prospects have gone.
Yeah because we need more second rate Leinster players. Coming North makes your Ireland chances worse. We have consistently the best 9 and 12 for at least two seasons, neither of them get a fair crack at international level. No player wants to come to Ulster to play for Ireland, it doesn't happen.
Ruddock is class, but honestly I'm sick of the expectation that Ulster must suckle at the teat of Leinster and happily lap up their rejects.

The whole setup of rugby in Ireland is a joke. I'd love to know what the wage bill is in D4 compared to everywhere else, yet we're all expected to abide by the same rules.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND