Return of Supporters

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Return of Supporters

Post by damianmcr »

It's not open
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Opening tinnies or drinking from a hipflask whilst avoiding Eventsec and the TV cameras may be a problem for some in a very small crowd :(
Ps Lest We Forget it will be DAY 5004.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Anyone figure out who the 250 extra in attendance will be... I can only get six in my garden
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cockatrice wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:39 am Anyone figure out who the 250 extra in attendance will be... I can only get six in my garden
Thought you were always fighting off people trying to give you the freebies? :scratch:

I presumed at least 20 of the extra 250 were for you. :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

big mervyn wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:05 pm I hope all these ballots are fully compliant with the Betting, Gaming, Lotteries & Amusements (NI) Order 1985 (“the 1985 Order”)?
And we all have to hope that the Russians don't interfere through social media.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:56 pm
Cockatrice wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:39 am Anyone figure out who the 250 extra in attendance will be... I can only get six in my garden
Thought you were always fighting off people trying to give you the freebies? :scratch:

I presumed at least 20 of the extra 250 were for you. :duck:
Capt it does indeed appear that UR are classing corporate/sponsors and the like as not supporters/fans and simply including with the 600 and saying something as simple and transparent as there will be 850 in attendance at the match.

The most interesting story that I have from last night concerns one said corporate sponsor non fan supporter. He tells me today he was at the match yet when I asked how come given he was in self isolation along with his family under the current government guidelines he stated he didn't think that mattered because 1. it was outside with restricted numbers and 2. He had been invited by UR so therefore seen it as some form over overriding of the restriction on covid. Frankly when one adds in his occupation it sort of sums up the stupidity of many here that things don't apply to them.

For the record I am not a tout and won't be either contacting the PSNI or as seems to be the in thing now UR to report on so called supporter/fan.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Is it true premier ticket holders were contacted by UR about attending even if they did not purchase ulster together tickets?
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

For the record I am not a tout and won't be either contacting the PSNI or as seems to be the in thing now UR to report on so called supporter/fan.
You should do so to assist those placed at risk by such negligence.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

muscles wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:19 pm
You should do so to assist those placed at risk by such negligence.
Nah. All this curtain twitching is a very bad thing. Smacks of iron curtain E Europe. Leave it to them as are supposed to police this to do it, with a heavy hand if necessary.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

For the record I commend UR for the way they ensured supporter safety unlike the GAA who seem to have taken a couldnt give feck approach as long as we have told people....

GAA scenes at the weekend contrasted completely with those witnessed at Ravenhill with supporters standing in large groups with no distancing and stewarts also standing in groups with no interest in responsibility... that volunteers for you I suppose even so notwithstanding the odd stuck up supporter who didn’t give a feck the rest of the excerise seems to have been a success... well done
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

So now a successful event has been held are there plans to ramp it up game by game until the socially distanced capacity is reached? What number would that be? And how are UR going to deal with those peeved off who never win the raffle while others succeed 3-4 times in row? Expect some crying to be done.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:40 pm So now a successful event has been held are there plans to ramp it up game by game until the socially distanced capacity is reached? What number would that be? And how are UR going to deal with those peeved off who never win the raffle while others succeed 3-4 times in row? Expect some crying to be done.
Can't see them opening the terraces anytime soon. As we have seen at other events, the lower orders cannot be trusted to maintain adequate social distancing when allowed to mingle freely.

I'm also not convinced that they sold a wile lot of those memberships.

Seems a bit unfair giving the "winners" 2 tkts. I get the reasoning, but there must have been quite a few in who weren't members.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

YeH, 65 quid to get a 40 quid discount off premier sports.......but not if you were already a subscriber......to get your name in a special membership bag for 300 "winning tickets" at 20/40 quid each?
Who comes up with this stuff?
I love the young uns being introduced and there wil! Be tough times ahead, and I will support UR players to the hilt.
But there is a hard nosed someone in the commercial arm of UR who is taking the proverbial. The big danger is that they will win the short term battle, but lose the long term war, and be facing 5/6000 STs next year.
Too clever for their own good
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Bobbievee wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:11 pm YeH, 65 quid to get a 40 quid discount off premier sports.......but not if you were already a subscriber......to get your name in a special membership bag for 300 "winning tickets" at 20/40 quid each?
Who comes up with this stuff?
I love the young uns being introduced and there wil! Be tough times ahead, and I will support UR players to the hilt.
But there is a hard nosed someone in the commercial arm of UR who is taking the proverbial. The big danger is that they will win the short term battle, but lose the long term war, and be facing 5/6000 STs next year.
Too clever for their own good
True. There will be many former ST holders who, having got out of the habit of going, just won't start again. Might have been better trying to find a way to keep more of those on board, rather than appealing to several hundred diehards who probably would have returned anyway.
Big Neville Southall