Return of Supporters

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bobbievee
Warrior

Re: Return of Supporters

Post by Bobbievee »

germcevoy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:49 pm Were there ever any numbers released for the number of memberships sold? Or will we only find out as restrictions lift and tickets become available to those without memberships? I wouldn't mind getting to a game but don't see the value in paying quarter of the cost of an actual season ticket to maybe get the opportunity to buy tickets this season.
Spot on brother
whole scheme being run by Del Boy and Arthur Daly.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Here we ago with another round of restrictions from Friday 27th. It looks like Sunday's game is safe but likely back to no crowds after that again. What a competent bunch of muppets we have on the hill.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The only thing that drove the R number down was closing the schools for 2 weeks. The other stuff had minimal effect and that's why it's rising again.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Looks like a couple of people didn’t fancy standing on the East Terrace cos we’ve just been allocated a pair of tickets for Sunday night.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:16 pm Looks like a couple of people didn’t fancy standing on the East Terrace cos we’ve just been allocated a pair of tickets for Sunday night.
Best spot in the house. Well done.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Aye. That’s where our STs are. I like the smell of grass.

The prospect of my first live sport in 8 months is tantalisingly close but I’m not counting my chickens just yet.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

It will be a much changed match day experience regardless. I am jealous but I'd fear jinxing the teams good form by attending. I'll be well up the queue for a season ticket in the East Terrace when this whole saga comes to an end.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

germcevoy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:18 pm Here we ago with another round of restrictions from Friday 27th. It looks like Sunday's game is safe but likely back to no crowds after that again. What a competent bunch of muppets we have on the hill.
Jeffrey Donaldson trying desperately to fight the fire his party lit last week.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

germcevoy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:40 pm It will be a much changed match day experience regardless. I am jealous but I'd fear jinxing the teams good form by attending. I'll be well up the queue for a season ticket in the East Terrace when this whole saga comes to an end.
Nothing a well-filled hip flask won’t put right Ger 😆
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

well, how was it in the stadium tonight? Anyone there tonight who can give us an impression or to?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

solidarity wrote:well, how was it in the stadium tonight? Anyone there tonight who can give us an impression or to?
I can do a decent sean connery and Frank Spencer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Was in the ground tonight. Atmosphere a bit surreal but to be expected, with the crowd not knowing if they can sing and shout for fear of being ejected. All in all we felt safe and secure. Longer queue for the bogs then on a normal European night. Will be a problem if they up the capacity going forward.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The experience was a bit like my first post-lockdown takeaway pint. Flat and watered-down, albeit generally welcome.

Stood dutifully at our allocated spot on the East Terrace for the duration. Feet got a bit cold towards the end.

The stewarding was fine and things livened up a bit for the last ten.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Incredible that they ask you not to sing or shout in case you spread the virus. The fact that we're all socially distanced, outside and wearing masks isn't mitigation enough, we're expected to sit or stand and clap politely, and not support the team.

Nevertheless, I've still come home hoarse from both matches played in front of fans this season.

Getting to see the matches from varying viewpoints, last time from one of the boxes up in the gods on the 22, tonight from front row behind the posts in the family stand. Still not persuaded that either beats the east terrace near the half-way line. It ain't natural (to me anyway) to sit down for the Ulstermen. :red: Fair play to themuns who can. :salut:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I wonder if that request is just ‘for show’ though?

I didn’t see anyone trying to enforce it, albeit the concept of a choir comprised of socially distanced duets didn’t really lend itself to a good old sing-song.

The officials were the subject of some very audible and not entirely good-humoured advice from the East Terrace, whilst I thought Steff Evans could have played along with the generally amusing banter directed at his rather ill-advised choice of ‘hairstyle’.