Return of Supporters

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Return of Supporters

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:36 am I don't suppose they know

Ignoring demographics just for 'fun' - of those at the last ERC game at Ravenhill , we can expect 17 to be dead as a result of the pandemic.
If the demographics are scientifically! ;) factored in, given the age, sex and weight of the average Ulster fan, I'd go higher. Ethnicity is the only thing most of us have in our favour!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:57 am Likewise felt safe at both Treviso and Scarlets games with greater numbers.

However I'm guessing when the executive stated 500 it was a blanket for all sports grounds not pro rata to capacity. If a stadium specific health and safety risk assessment were allowed to be submitted on a case by case basis Ulster should be able to demonstrate a higher number is feasible, but who has time to review and sign all that off for every sports ground in the country.
I agree that Ulster seem to have been lumped in with the non league facilities that pass for footy grounds over here. Can they really be considered as ‘elite sport’?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

You would have thought a maximum percentage of capacity (subject to other measures being in place) might have been more sensible?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I see leinster have frozen season ticket prices from the 18/ 19 season.
https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/buy-season-tickets/
Assume UR would have no inkling of increasing prices either.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:26 pm Three games with crowds before tonight.

How many fans have caught it as a result?
I was at 2 out of the three games. Do I count as one fan or two?
BR wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:36 am I don't suppose they know

Ignoring demographics just for 'fun' - of those at the last ERC game at Ravenhill , we can expect 17 to be dead as a result of the pandemic.
Was gonna ask was I dead once or twice, but as you have specified that you were only referring to the last ERC game, do you know if I am one of the 'fun' 17?
BR wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:31 am
justinr73 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:47 am But the question was why the permitted number of socially distanced supporters had been cut from 1000 to 500, in the absence of any evidence to show the Executive had been wrong the first time (and in the light of 2,000 being permitted in smaller grounds on the mainland).
No. The question was, and I'm sure Grumpy will back me up on this - Was there any reason given for reducing the permitted numbers.
It has taken me a while to back you up BR as I've only just noticed this. Did you think I was one (or two) of your fun 17 when I didn't do as you anticipated?

Perhaps you need to set Back Up to automatic rather than relying on me to do that for you?

That aside, yes, I can confirm that the question was whether a reason had been given, not what that reason was or is. It was UlsterNo9 who asked that question - and he even used an interrogation point so there could be little doubt (by most) that he was asking a question.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rem99
Initiate

Post by Rem99 »

Rem99
Initiate

Post by Rem99 »

And we are off!!!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Do well to get 500 for a Rainbow Cup game
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Is it two tickets for one man AND his dog?
Asking for a friend. Man's best friend.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Where are they going to find 500 mugs who want to watch this ****?