Return of Supporters

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Return of Supporters

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:48 am I wonder if that request is just ‘for show’ though?

I didn’t see anyone trying to enforce it, albeit the concept of a choir comprised of socially distanced duets didn’t really lend itself to a good old sing-song
That was my own thought when it was "requested" at first match, but if it's only for show, did they really have to repeat it a number of times in their video on big screen and over the PA system. One hell of a "show" if that's what it was. :roll:
justinr73 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:48 am The officials were the subject of some very audible and not entirely good-humoured advice from the East Terrace, ...
Must admit I made a few vocal comments to him myself when the occasion merited it - which happened more and more as the game progressed.

Politely of course. >EW

I'm pretty sure he heard at least some of it,but not sure if his English was good enough for him to avail of my advice because he kept making the same mistakes over and over. :roll:
justinr73 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:48 am ... I thought Steff Evans could have played along with the generally amusing banter directed at his rather ill-advised choice of ‘hairstyle’.
That's a style? I just thought his barber had been shut due to lock-down and he'd got the groundsman at parc y scarlets to run a strimmer round his head.

Referee's hair "style" was better but even his hair must have been in his eyes a lot with the things he missed.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Are any fans allowed in for the Toulouse game anyone please?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Marco wrote:Are any fans allowed in for the Toulouse game anyone please?
Should have some idea later today unless stormont dilly dally again.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Cheers, fingers crossed cause that 1,000 made themselves heard last time...
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Only 500 allowed on Friday night.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's enough to howl at the ref if some foul play occurs. Saying nothing of course if it's an Ulster player.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Was there any reason given why the crowd has been reduced from 1000 vs Scarlets to 500 Vs Toulouse?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

it's a general rule from our wonderful Executive, applying to all sports.
Bo***cks to Brexit
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

rocky wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:20 pm it's a general rule from our wonderful Executive, applying to all sports.
:thumleft:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:10 pm Was there any reason given why the crowd has been reduced from 1000 vs Scarlets to 500 Vs Toulouse?
Covid
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Three games with crowds before tonight.

How many fans have caught it as a result?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I don't suppose they know

Ignoring demographics just for 'fun' - of those at the last ERC game at Ravenhill , we can expect 17 to be dead as a result of the pandemic.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

By my calculations, ignoring demographics and without wishing to make light of the situation, 6 or 7 of those 17 would be extremely relieved.

But the question was why the permitted number of socially distanced supporters had been cut from 1000 to 500, in the absence of any evidence to show the Executive had been wrong the first time (and in the light of 2,000 being permitted in smaller grounds on the mainland).

I won’t be doing my Christmas shapping in the no doubt thronged city centre today but I didn’t feel in any way at risk at the Scarlets game.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Likewise felt safe at both Treviso and Scarlets games with greater numbers.

However I'm guessing when the executive stated 500 it was a blanket for all sports grounds not pro rata to capacity. If a stadium specific health and safety risk assessment were allowed to be submitted on a case by case basis Ulster should be able to demonstrate a higher number is feasible, but who has time to review and sign all that off for every sports ground in the country.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:47 am But the question was why the permitted number of socially distanced supporters had been cut from 1000 to 500, in the absence of any evidence to show the Executive had been wrong the first time (and in the light of 2,000 being permitted in smaller grounds on the mainland).
No. The question was, and I'm sure Grumpy will back me up on this - Was there any reason given for reducing the permitted numbers.
www.stoutboys.co.uk