Ulster v Benetton Friday October 2nd 8:15pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Benetton Friday October 2nd 8:15pm KO

Post by damianmcr »

Different rules for sports teams.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:41 pm Different rules for sports teams.
Unfortunately according to NIdirect those rules don't apply to Ulster. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding, and the real rules exist somewhere in a filing cabinet in a portacabin somewhere on the Stormont estate. Probably no need for us mere mortals to know what they are anyway.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BR wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:59 pm [quote=damianmcr post_id=695351 time=<a href="tel:1601588506">1601588506</a> user_id=1938]
Different rules for sports teams.
Unfortunately according to NIdirect those rules don't apply to Ulster. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding, and the real rules exist somewhere in a filing cabinet in a portacabin somewhere on the Stormont estate. Probably no need for us mere mortals to know what they are anyway.
[/quote]

Good point about the quarantine. Hadn’t thought about that and yes, presume there must be some rule for sports teams, given the euro football has started as well.

Or maybe Sammy Wilson told them it was ok.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

therealspratt wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:18 pm Hume and Moore has a lot of potential as a pairing, their skills dovetail pretty well together with Hume's great physicality and athleticism, and Moore's real game intelligence.
I am sure Marty would be flattered by your comments about him :D
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Bart S wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:44 pm

Good point about the quarantine. Hadn’t thought about that and yes, presume there must be some rule for sports teams, given the euro football has started as well.

Or maybe Sammy Wilson told them it was ok.
There's an exemption for elite sportsmen, but only those returning to England The Welsh law specifically catagorises the Pro14 as elite; the Welsh public will be shocked.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

My Mum wants to know if this game tonight is on the radio as she is a keen Ulster Rugby Supporter (but dislikes ever seeing me with facepaint on the telly :) ). I thought it would have been on the radio but my Culture Section (Sunday Times) just shows the usual mid evening music on Radio Ulster. I know there can sometimes be a difference between MW coverage and FM coverage. Can anyone assist on what is officially, Lest My Mum Forgets, DAY 5004. Working on trying to get Premier Sport onto her Ipad but no success as yet.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Fintan
Novice

Post by Fintan »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:40 pm My Mum wants to know if this game tonight is on the radio as she is a keen Ulster Rugby Supporter (but dislikes ever seeing me with facepaint on the telly :) ). I thought it would have been on the radio but my Culture Section (Sunday Times) just shows the usual mid evening music on Radio Ulster. I know there can sometimes be a difference between MW coverage and FM coverage. Can anyone assist on what is officially, Lest My Mum Forgets, DAY 5004. Working on trying to get Premier Sport onto her Ipad but no success as yet.
BBC Sport website says

Coverage: Live commentary on BBC Radio Ulster medium wave, online, BBC app and BBC Sounds
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Thanks, and my research shows only coverage on Five Live Sports Extra. Hopefully Fintan correct and its on Radio Ulsterrrr MW1341 as her radio wont pick up Five Live Sports Extra which I assume is digital and needs a modern radio :) Dodgy dodgy radio, dodgy dodgy radio.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:02 pm Thanks, and my research shows only coverage on Five Live Sports Extra. Hopefully Fintan correct and its on Radio Ulsterrrr MW1341 as her radio wont pick up Five Live Sports Extra which I assume is digital and needs a modern radio :) Dodgy dodgy radio, dodgy dodgy radio.
Five Live Sports Extra can be picked up on most TV sets - Freeview Channel 706.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

HwoodMike2umate wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:40 pm My Mum wants to know if this game tonight is on the radio as she is a keen Ulster Rugby Supporter (but dislikes ever seeing me with facepaint on the telly :) ).
Bad enough that you wear face paint, but now yer putting it on the telly? :shock: :roll:

Will you be there tonight?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Great to see Cavey, Fez and the GLU chatting before the match. They talk with real knowledge and with a bit of local pally crack.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Great to see eventsec milking it
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Great to see eventsec milking it
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Most entertaining first six minutes I’ve seen for a while!
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Stewart Moore is the guy to sort out our midfield.