Ospreys Vs Ulster Sat 10th October 5.15pm Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ospreys Vs Ulster Sat 10th October 5.15pm Premier Sports

Post by Cornerfleg »

Snipe Watson wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:35 pm
Cornerfleg wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:33 pm Shsssssssh... BIG RETURN.... BIG RETURN...
Had you gone?

didn't notice :thumleft:

Imma let you finish...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

A good win. Ospreys didn't look great at all but our young guys are looking good so bodes well for the rest of the season and into the future.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

As ever, you can only beat what is in front of you although Ospreys probably have two of the starting pack for the Lions.

And we lost there last year of course.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Pleased with that win on reflection. All 12 points Ospreys received we gave them, which is a point of concern.

I thought it was going to be one of those nights when just before half time Cooneys miss then Hendersons stupid penalty on Webb meant we went in at 6-10 instead of 3-13. A huge swing.

The two young centres and Rea Jr did well, you could point to Moores kicking for critiscism, the decisions to kick I feel were correct, the execution not so. What made me happy is that he had the confidence to try again. Hume has some step. Rea Jnr got over the gain line time and time again. Also thought Jones was good in his cameo.

Alun Wynn Jones I'm sorry to say the Lions tour is going to be 18 months too late for you.

Great to see Cooney turn out the level of performance that should see him in an Ireland shirt. His box kicking was on the money let down only by the chase.

With only losing four to the international period coming up we look to be in good shape for Dragons at home and then Cardiff away.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cornerfleg wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:33 pm Shsssssssh... BIG RETURN.... BIG RETURN...
Who are ya?

Who are ya?

How are ya?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

First Fleg now Grumpy...... like the Fine China..... only comes out on special ocassions
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:53 pm First Fleg now Grumpy...... like the Fine China..... only comes out on special ocassions
I have definitely not "come out", and I very much doubt that Fleg has either.

Wouldn't surprise me if auld baggy trews had come out though, but I doubt it would be a special ocassion* - he hinted at it it often enough when he was still hanging around these parts.

(sic, apparently)
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cornerfleg wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:58 pm Months TP..... Drinking bleach and stashing bog roll...
Rumour had it that because of shortages you'd had to drink your stash and bleach yer bog roll :shock:

Is it true yer now working for Dan coaching the players on the importance being patient while recycling?
I'm not arguing -
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

We don't want too many 'patients"

As for the game -- must have been putting the chinese on the plate at the time -- sat down to the computer to Henderson thanking the referee for his diligence after he watched the O's flying over the ruck all night with immunity. -- It could be a why me hearing .

Back to what I saw some nice toys and runs from a couple of players -- Stockdale ( my MoTM ) had a better game at full back running at pace ball in hand side stepping and breaking tackles and his kicking ceased to be dangerously gifting away possession in open play.

Happily a more defensively competent outhalf out half closed many of the defensive weaknesses Lowry's playing in that position provided but I'm surprised he, Lowry, wasn't on the bench to be honest.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:05 pm
Had you gone?

Imma let you finish...
I is finished..........
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Cornerfleg wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:05 pm
Had you gone?

Imma let you finish...
Good to have you back. I don't suppose you still have access to Uncle Bob's sniper rifle. That balloon animal made from haemorrhoids in No.10 needs a seeing too. >sniper
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

jackthelad wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:58 pmI don't suppose you still have access to Uncle Bob's sniper rifle. That balloon animal made from haemorrhoids in No.10 needs a seeing too. >sniper
Madigan wasn't that bad?

Me thinks you is still harbouring a grudge. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

You sure he wasn't talking about Janny?????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Has anyone ever considered the possibility .... that using a 20 watt PA in Swansea to pump out a crowd noise of some description and thus a smidgen of atmosphere ... put the Ospreys into a tailspin and they spent 80 minutes distracted wondering what on earth that sound was?
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Finally got round to watching the game on s4c.
Some random thoughts:
Moore gets some stick re his conditioning abit like RAY and I’d doubt anyone would argue he isn’t abit of a fat lad, however that’s where the comparison stops.... MM can scrummage, gets around the pitch, solid tackler, good hands, he’s got a very decent workrate.....we’d be in the brad pitt without him locking the scrum generally.

IH wasn’t mentally at the races for me. There was the extended chat with the ref in the 1st half. There comes a time when making a point turns into a moan, when the ref switches off....stop bloody talking. Hendo seem niggled all game. The red counter ruck is part of his game, he did it when the 9 put his hands on the ball, and IH eyes were on the ball....Malicious? No, but indicative of poor decisions he made penalty wise all game. I actually thought he generally played pretty well in general play, and put AWJ in the shade who did very little other than niggle & hold on at ruck time. There’s a short ban coming his way for me.
Rea Snr seemed to be well involved in the physical exchanges- I thought he was decent. Rea Jnr - deceptively effective carrier, very impressed with the carries in the tight making yards. Seemed to be playing further out initially at the breakdown whether this was to mark tipuric I’m unsure. I’d like to see how he develops around the breakdown & his turnover skills.
MC absolute quality made sure Osp pack never really got into the game.
Cooney had a good game, solid place kicking, lovely trail line for try.....exactly what he was doing last couple of yrs. I think he’s gonna kick on again.
Madigan was solid, nice footwork to slip tackles when under pressure from chasers.

The centre pairing looked good. Defensively not really tested. The pair had a couple of individual nice breaks. Moore’s kicking game execution wise was off, but the decisions were generally good.....v encouraging, clearly a very fine young player.
Faddes & little had limited ball but looked ok when in possession.
Stockdale looked dangerous. When he had the confidence to chip over the top that encouraged me. Definitely looking more physical to me, even when he was doing his Rob Kearney impression he was generally dragging a defender or 2 with him in contact.