Ospreys v Ulster MoTM?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ospreys v Ulster MoTM?

Jacob Stockdale
29%
Matt Faddes
No votes
James Hume
No votes
Stewart Moore
No votes
Rob Lyttle
No votes
Ian Madigan
No votes
John Cooney
11%
Jack McGrath
No votes
Rob Herring
No votes
Marty Moore
No votes
Alan O'Connor
No votes
Iain Henderson
3%
Matthew Rea
No votes
Marcus Rea
No votes
Marcell Coetzee
57%
Adam McBurney
No votes
Eric O'Sullivan
No votes
Gareth Milasinovich
No votes
Kieran Treadwell
No votes
Greg Jones
No votes
Louis Ludik
No votes
Sean Reidy
No votes

Total votes: 35

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Ospreys v Ulster MoTM?

Post by fermain »

Better late than never...

Well, a good win overall.
Ospreys points all came from the boot and indiscipline from Ulster but we deserved a bonus point.
Stewart Moore was very good again, and Hume gets better by the game, a top future pairing. Stockdale has wakened up in time for the International season.
Henderson let the side down as captain with a rush of blood to the heid, and I wonder if he's really our first choice for leader.
Coetzee got the offical Motm :red:, but who was yours?
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ospreys v Ulster MoTM?

Post by Bart S »

Marcell again for me. Far from a glamour fixture for someone of his calibre but led from the front in all aspects. Ulster is truly lucky to have him.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Stockdale for me. Was on top form and dangerous on the attack all game.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Stock dale stood out but that’s against a number of recent poor performances. Marcel stood out yet again against a backdrop of fantastic recent performances.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Marcel was back to his best.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

The BT continue to struggle with their match ratings.

Sadlier can seemingly only count to seven but, whilst McKendry managed to award 8s to Cooney, Coetzee and Stockdale, having what amounts to co-MOTM is a bit silly.

He gives Hendy a 5, a number only not bettered by McBurney after his very brief showing.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:03 am The BT continue to struggle with their match ratings.

Sadlier can seemingly only count to seven but, whilst McKendry managed to award 8s to Cooney, Coetzee and Stockdale, having what amounts to co-MOTM is a bit silly.

He gives Hendy a 5, a number only not bettered by McBurney after his very brief showing.
I'm wondering did he give him a point for each penalty he conceded? Not sure if 5 is accurate but he definately had a high penalty count in my mind. Can anyone answer accurately the ESPN stats are not out.

Don't read the Bele Laugh >threaten
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Marcel was excellent, but Stockdale looked really great as well as did Cooney. Pretty great team performance overall and honourable mention to Marcus Rea- thought he put himself about rightly.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

We could rename this MoPT runner up. We just assume that Marcel will be number one and we just have to vote for who comes second. Stockdale for me. Maybe getting back to form. He seems to be a confidence player and looks like he's getting his mojo back.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Marcell with Jacob a good second - probably his best game at 15 so far.

Good to see Cooney getting back closer to last season's performances and as for Rea, he was magnificent. Seemed to be everywhere - twas almost like there were to of them.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:03 am The BT continue to struggle with their match ratings.

I think he must have been rounding to the nearest whole number.

Marcell rounded down to 8, Jacob and John rounded up to 8 (or perhaps just rounded down by less)

Let's pretend that anyway.

I thought Hendo had one of his better matches as captain,always in the ear of the referee, politely pointing out the error of his ways, but unfortunately Hendo just loses the run of himself too often and concedes needless penalties that could cost us against better teams.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Marcell is actually everything that Trump thinks he is!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

solidarity wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:18 pm We could rename this MoPT runner up. We just assume that Marcel will be number one and we just have to vote for who comes second. Stockdale for me. Maybe getting back to form. He seems to be a confidence player and looks like he's getting his mojo back.
:lol:

yeah I'm onboard that train. MC most weeks is going to stand out so having bagged him recently I'll give another vote for Stockcube - constantly threatening, seemed like a leader in the backs and a great show of what he can offer from 15.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Any players with aspirations towards a MOTM award will no doubt be disappointed to learn that SA won’t be competing against Australia, NZ and Argentina after all.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Free weekend, but I'll bet Marcell does a better free weekend than any of the others so I am going to vote for him again this week.