ULSTER MOTM vs Dragons

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ULSTER MOTM vs Dragons

Rob Lyttle
4%
Matt Faddes
11%
James Hume
No votes
Stewart Moore
4%
Louis Ludik
7%
Ian Madigan
4%
John Cooney
4%
Eric O’Sullivan
No votes
John Andrew
11%
Marty Moore
No votes
Alan O’Connor
7%
Sam Carter
No votes
Sean Reidy
43%
Jordi Murphy
No votes
Marcell Coetzee
7%
Adam McBurney
No votes
Kyle McCall
No votes
Ross Kane
No votes
Kieran Treadwell
No votes
Nick Timoney
No votes
David Shanahan
No votes
Bill Johnston
No votes
Michael Lowry
No votes

Total votes: 28

fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

ULSTER MOTM vs Dragons

Post by fermain »

Good game, good game!!

A fantastic first half by Ulster, but the Dragons made more of a game of it in the 2nd.

Ulster failed to drive home their advantage from before half time, and really should've got so many more points turning the screw in the 2nd.

But, who was yer Man of the match?
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: ULSTER MOTM vs Dragons

Post by Snipe Watson »

Reidy tackled everything.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Thought John Andrew put in a good shift, Faddas and Carter a lot more committed. I worry that Ross Kane and McCall not up to Pro 12/14 standard which is more worrying as they are totally homegrown.
Scrum was turned once they came on.
Obviously Dan going the Leinster rotation route and some players need a run of games.
Great start with 3/3 so no complaints from me.

Reidy got my vote to.
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I thought our defensive line speed was excellent, 12/13 very solid on an umbrella defence - this time! ... its great to have props like EOS fast enough and keen enough to shoot the line regularly - he has some engine that young lad.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

Reidy for me, with credit to Andrew, Faddes and Jordi. Is Andrew being released at the end of the season? Thought he did very well in the Edinburgh game and again today.

Have to agree with Sparky re the depth in the front row; McCall has likely been done in by injuries and Kane hasn't yet made good on his early potential. I'm not tremendously confident about the futures of either. EOS looking very good as ever, he'd be unlucky not to make an Ireland squad at some stage.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I don’t think many people had high hopes for Reidy when he was signed up but he’s certainly become Dave the Dependable.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

gave the vote to louis -- good servant -- in the right place at the right time -- and in the latter stages of his game time -- others may have had more to do and did more during the game--- but two chances --two chances completed.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Off the Top
Initiate

Post by Off the Top »

I thought Alan O'Connor had a tremendous game. He's very aggressive, has a good work rate, he's tidy in the line out and took his try very well.

Not a superstar by any means - but it's good to have him in the squad.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

He probably wasn't motm overall but I just wanted to give a wee shout to Rob Lyttle. Handled himself well, had a wee run or two and no end of courage.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

MOTM is becoming quite difficult in that there are so many players playing with commitment and showing skills the last couple of games. I agree that Reidy is one of those players that never lets us down and was well worth the MOTM award. I would admit to not have been a fan of signing Madigan but he has surprised me in that he seems to be fitting into the team well. This has resulted in the added bonus of giving Billy Burns the opportunity to get his nagging injury cleared up properly rather than being rushed back in to play.
Basically the team is going well and playing with a good deal of flair. A few injured players must be wondering if they will get back in.
The centres are a particular worry which is going to give the Coaching Staff some problems. you have the two new comers on the block who are developing into a potent pairing versus the two old reliables whilst it is good position to be in at least one of the quartet seems to be doomed to disappointment each week. The last thing we want is another Ian Whitten where a good player moves on to be assured of a regular start.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Why was Marty Moore's try not given? The TMO must need glasses if he did not see that!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Setanta wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:39 pm Why was Marty Moore's try not given? The TMO must need glasses if he did not see that!
I thought that at the time, I'm sure he said that the ball wasn't grounded. Terrible decision.