Cardiff Blues v Ulster Monday 6pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Cardiff Blues v Ulster Monday 6pm

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Great to see Luke Marshall back and get some game time under his belt.

Thought Burns was a step up on anything else we've had at out half since his last start. Not knocking those that have played, he just gives us a little more fizz. Difficult conditions for an outhalf tonight.

Treadwell performed like a man that wants a starting jersey.

Another excellent performance by Moore at tighthead.

The overall game itself.... meh. Wet, windy night in Wales and we came away with a win job done. Back to back away wins is a massive monkey off our back. If we can get a 3rd away win on the trot versus Zebre in two weeks time I'll happily watch same turgid
gameplay again.

Is this a game we wouldn't have ground out if it wasn't under Dans watch? I think so.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:43 pm Great to see Luke Marshall back and get some game time under his belt.

Thought Burns was a step up on anything else we've had at out half since his last start. Not knocking those that have played, he just gives us a little more fizz. Difficult conditions for an outhalf tonight.

Treadwell performed like a man that wants a starting jersey.

Another excellent performance by Moore at tighthead.

The overall game itself.... meh. Wet, windy night in Wales and we came away with a win job done. Back to back away wins is a massive monkey off our back. If we can get a 3rd away win on the trot versus Zebre in two weeks time I'll happily watch same turgid
gameplay again.

Is this a game we wouldn't have ground out if it wasn't under Dans watch? I think so.
Ulster have definitely toughened up under Dan and certainly in defence, the fight for every inch mentality was there tonight.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

Good win tonight with a totally different style of play and game plan. Would we have been capable of that last year or the previous two years before that? I don't think so.
There are a number of reasons mainly down to Dan and his coaching team,aggressive defence, stubborn with the ball, fight for every inch etc etc.but what has impressed me most is his ability to bring players in and introduce them to first team rugby. We then get to a point which was obvious tonight whereby no substitute introduced weakened the team in any way and it's been the same in all games played so far this season. Here's to an exciting time ahead.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dire game due to the conditions Cardiff tried to liven the game a bit in the second half with some speedy passing in their backs while Ulster stuck the ball up the jumper and ran at the defensive wall of two tacklers ,given that some of better wingers were absent there was little else to do .With a lot of off the ball contact going on especially by Cardiff . A hard game with bruised bodies guaranteed .

Basically the scoreline kept the game interesting --it was a game that could have won or lost up to the last minute.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:53 pm Midweek fixtures against regional sides and international tourist used to be a thing in the good ole days but I'm sure they were normally on a Tue or Wed.
ERC was midweek too. Almost certain I mind seeing Begles Bordeaux on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk